Mary J. Blige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pawlu84
    I have all her albums except the debut and Share my world, my favorite has to be My Life.
    you better go and get "Share My World", it's my second fav of hers and one of best and most memorable urban albums of 90s

Comment

I have all her albums and I think My Life has the most consistently good body of work on it.
      Mary is a highlight of her career too.

Controversally, I think Share My World is her weakest album.

Comment

My favourites from "Growing Pains" are definitely those three songs as well, tada!

A lot of the songs aren't particularly outstanding on their own, but the album works perfectly as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
          Even weaker than "withEach"?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9
            Originally posted by Plym
            Even weaker than "withEach"?
            Yes, Plym?!

Comment

Hmm well maybe not that one!

Comment

Originally posted by tada
                I have all her albums except the debut and Share my world, my favorite has to be My Life.
                you better go and get "Share My World", it's my second fav of hers and one of best and most memorable urban albums of 90s

I only know I Can love you and Everything which I both like alot.

Comment

"I Can Love You" is one of Mary's best singles, IMO.

*sighs* Lil Kim in her prime.

Comment

I'm currently listening to Share My World
                    P=MC2's Top 20
                    Originally posted by Merci
                    Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

I re-listened to Growing Pains recently, and I'd forgotten how good it is. The first half is kind if mediocre, but the second half has some amazing songs (Rose, What Love Is, Fade Away and Come To Me, especially).

Comment

I also love the live album she released in 1998! Made me a fan!

Comment

I just discovered Everything recently. That's a pretty magical record!

Comment

I've downloaded Share My World, and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I forgot that I knew Love is all we need and Everything too.

Comment

^ Share my World is an amazing album! Epic!
                              P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

Been listening to What's the 411? a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by PosziMC2
                                  Definitely! I don't understand those that think otherwise. TBH, I think her first 4 albums are all EPIC. They are absolutely stunning contemporary, urban/soul with a hip hop edge. And the impact of those albums continues to resonate in the music of today.

Those were the albums that crafted her fanbase. The ones that followed solified her legend!
                                  I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

I think Growing Pains is her best 2000's album. With the Breakthough coming afterwords. The other ones aren't that good IMO. I can somewhat tolerate My life II
                                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

My Life II is ace it's a shame that is gonna end up her worst seller.

Comment

My Life II is an epic album. So much better than Stronger With Each Tear.

Empty Prayers>>>>>>>> life
                                        P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

I agree. "Don't Mind" is one of my fav's as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mimifan09

I agree. "Don't Mind" is one of my fav's as well.
                                            this is undoubtedly the best r'n'b album since....Alicia's latest one

it's full of hits and even for Mary's standard it's extremelly excellent piece of MASTERpiece

Comment

Mary's first 5 albums are classic.

As the biggest MJB fan in the world, I would say "The Breakthrough" & "No More Drama" are her best albums from the 00's.

"The Breakthrough" gave her a nice Billboard record. ---> The most successful R&B song of time.

"No More Drama" gave us "Family Affair". This song hold the record in France for longest weeks at #1 on radio there for 17 weeks. The longest running #1 the 00-09 decade & the longest weeks spent at #1 for a female artist.

Comment

My Life II is ace it's a shame that is gonna end up her worst seller.
                                                She needs a hit single so that the album can steadily sell well.

Comment

Originally posted by danbarj
                                                  Definitely! I don't understand those that think otherwise. TBH, I think her first 4 albums are all EPIC. They are absolutely stunning contemporary, urban/soul with a hip hop edge. And the impact of those albums continues to resonate in the music of today.

Those were the albums that crafted her fanbase. The ones that followed solified her legend!
                                                  despite ranking "The Breakthrough" as my all-time fav of hers, I would honestly say this is her best effort ever! still in luv and never will refrain from!

Comment

Mary J Blige fans!

Mary J rose six spots this year to #28 in the UKMix countdown of the top female artists of all-time!

Leave your loving for Mary HERE

Comment

Mary singing crispy chicken? Reaaaaaally? Was this neccesary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbm8IQyxcsc

Comment

New Song

Reach Out is so good!
                                                        P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

Mary performing at the Democratic National Convention: VIDEO

Family Affair !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rp662
                                                            Mary performing at the Democratic National Convention: VIDEO

Family Affair !!!!

AMAZING!
                                                            P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

http://global14.com/mary-j-blige-global ... ay-people/

quite good!
                                                              P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

Working...
                                                              X