Honeyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeyz

Couldn't find a topic on this group but I shall start it off by saying "Finally Found"

Amaaazing track - how a love song should be written. I can honestly say I adore this song, and the harmonies of this group in it are superb. I know that Gaz is a fan, but what about others?

"Won't Take This Lying Down" is their best for me!

Comment

Finally Found was well successful - 365k sold in the UK!

Comment

Yes I love Finally Found. Love the harmony and the video is nice too. I think The Honeyz came along just when things started going pear shaped for Eternal and as far as I know them were both with EMI.

However I never liked End Of The Line. And the video was hideous with those blue suits.

Really like Won't Take It Lying Down and remember being a little shocked at the racy video when I saw it for the first time on CD:UK.

Pity they never reached album No.2. Does anyone know where their debut album charted in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycool
          Hell yeah, how that didn't make #1 I don't know!

"End Of The Line" is a great ballad too, reminded me of something Eternal would've done.

Shame they fizzled out, I actually liked "I Don't Know" but it probably alienated their remaining fans and it meant the possible career-saving "Talk To The Hand" never saw the light of day! :(
          THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

Originally posted by diamondtooth
            Yes I love Finally Found. Love the harmony and the video is nice too. I think The Honeyz came along just when things started going pear shaped for Eternal and as far as I know them were both with EMI.

However I never liked End Of The Line. And the video was hideous with those blue suits.

Really like Won't Take It Lying Down and remember being a little shocked at the racy video when I saw it for the first time on CD:UK.

Pity they never reached album No.2. Does anyone know where their debut album charted in the UK?
            #28 I think and sold around 125,000 copies

Comment

I loved all of their singles up to "Not Even Gonna Trip" (should have been a much bigger hit).

"Finally Found", "End Of The Line", "Never Let You Down", "Won't Take It Lying Down" and "Love Of A Lifetime" were all amazing - and perfect examples of the greatness that was late 90s/early 00's pop/R&B - alongside great songs by Shola Ama, Jamelia and Beverley Knight.

I didn't really enjoy their album that much though.
              "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Did any of these girls attempt a solo career after Honeyz? OR did they join other groups?

Comment

Me too! What an awesome song *puts it on*
                  I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

For any sales/chart geeks out there:

Their album is at over 150k. Their single sales are at over 650k. And their total sales are over 800k

Comment

I remember buying the Finally Found single and I was so in love with that song, but I honestly don't remember the song itself anymore.
                      i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

"End Of The Line" was my second favourite single of 1998! Rather crazy thing is that it would never have made No. 1 on my personal chart, as my favourite of that year was released in the same week! (Lutricia's "Greatest Love...")

I bought the album ("Wonder No. 8"), and wasn't as impressed even back then as I'd hoped to be.

Comment

Finally Found and End of the Line were BRILLIANT! Two of the very best songs out that year.
                          "It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28
                            Did any of these girls attempt a solo career after Honeyz? OR did they join other groups?
                            Celena released a single with her niece in 2003. The band was called Anotherside, but the song flopped and they were dropped shortly after.

You can watch the video below :
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eI04SSynnk

Comment

"End of the line and i finally found are some of the coolest forgotten hits out there.

Thanks for reminding me about them, Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                                Hell yeah, how that didn't make #1 I don't know!

"End Of The Line" is a great ballad too, reminded me of something Eternal would've done.

Shame they fizzled out, I actually liked "I Don't Know" but it probably alienated their remaining fans and it meant the possible career-saving "Talk To The Hand" never saw the light of day! :(
                                Talk To The Hand wouldn't have saved their career. It was catchy but sounded outdated even in 2001. In fact the whole 'Harmony' album did. After they finished swapping line-ups around again, the album was already about 2 years old!
                                The Talk To The Hand video was hot tho. I was lucky enough to see it before it was pulled from the music channels just a week or 2 later :( It's pretty much impossible to see it anywhere now. Even YouTube doesn't have it!

Just for the record, Love Of A Lifetime remains my fave Honeyz single
                                "Free me, FreE.M.I!" - sing it Joss!!

Comment

Pity we can't see the video for Talk To The Hand. Is there anywhere I can hear the song even?

Comment

I have the Harmony promo somewhere... i'll dig it out and upload it so if u want it send me a message...

The video had the girls dressed in black & red leather whilst in mirrored rooms (the floor, walls & celing were all shiny mirrors!). From what I remember Celena was all over some man, Heavenli was draped across a red ferrari (or something) and Naima was wearing a red leather trilby dancing underneath a disco ball. The whole shebang was directed by Tim Royes who sadly died last year :(

Comment

I'm resurrecting this topic as I saw them live on friday night at Butlins! lol

I have to say they were genuinely really good. I expected them to mime or sing live and sound bad but they sang fully live and sounded great! They all seemed genuinely enthusiastic to be there and best of all, the crowd actually gave them alot of love. Everyone, including big Stag parties, were singing along to Finally Found by the end!

They now consist of Celena, Mariama and Candace (Celena's sister). Celena's got a little bit chunky (lol) but sounded fantastic and Mariama looked extremely hot.

Setlist...

Won't Take It Lying Down
                                      Love Of A Lifetime (R&B Remix)
                                      End Of The Line
                                      Never Let You Down
                                      Finally Found

Btw, i've now "Finally Found" the Harmony promo so if anybody still wants it? I promised it to a few but never got around to it so drop me a PM.

Comment

I actually really liked some of the tracks from Harmony despite so many people saying how pants it was. Avalanche is probably my favourite...I was actually thinking about the girls recently, can't believe that they are still performing, especially with Mariama, the soul destroyer of every girl band she touches ...I love her really

Comment

Originally posted by jamiedazzled
                                          I actually really liked some of the tracks from Harmony despite so many people saying how pants it was. Avalanche is probably my favourite...I was actually thinking about the girls recently, can't believe that they are still performing, especially with Mariama, the soul destroyer of every girl band she touches ...I love her really

The Honeyz kinda went down hill after she left but let's face it, Solid Harmonie are no loss are they!

They perform quite frequently together. Celena stated in an interview last year that they'll never get back together full time but I don't see why not. They clearly like performing together (even if it isn't the original line-up) and well, Celena is never gonna have that solo career she's been chasing for god knows how long is she?!

There's quite a few decent tracks on Harmony... Just As I Am being one of them. Coulda been quite a successful single had it been released I reckon.

Been listening to Wonder No.8 lately and enjoyed it far more now than I did when it was released. The singles plus In The Street & Summertime are all hot tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiedazzled
                                            Mariama, the soul destroyer of every girl band she touches ...I love her really

I half expected Mariama to turn up in the Sugababes at some point. Who knows, there's still time

There were some good tracks on Harmony - although I think the album has dated quite badly, with 'Talk To The Hand' and 'Senorita Bonita' for example. Having said that, some tracks like 'Avalanche' and 'Just As I Am' I could imagine them being hits now. I could see Jordin Sparks doing 'Avalanche'.
                                            Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheBoat
                                              I half expected Mariama to turn up in the Sugababes at some point. Who knows, there's still time
                                              LOL...I wouldn't put it passed her

Comment

Originally posted by aaliyah_fan
                                                Finally Found and End of the Line were BRILLIANT! Two of the very best songs out that year.

Comment

I've made this cover for my greatest hits album I've made. I still love them

Check out my new music blog http://www.mad-ice.com

Comment

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can hear the Harmony album?

Comment

I've been trying to find their version of 'Love to love you baby' for ages aswell :(

Comment

Their 'Collection' album is available to download on amazon for 3.98! I'd get it if only it didn't have such a stupid slow version of Won't Take It Lying Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyzer
                                                          I've made this cover for my greatest hits album I've made. I still love them

Niiiiiiccce!
                                                          I'm gonna use that for mine I made!! Was looking for a decent cover and i'm crap at making them. Love the fact you even put a pic from Talk To The Hand video on there too :-)

Comment

Originally posted by firefly_86
                                                            Their 'Collection' album is available to download on amazon for 3.98! I'd get it if only it didn't have such a stupid slow version of Won't Take It Lying Down.
                                                            It's worth getting for 2 things...

1) the original first mixes of End Of The Line & Love of A Lifetime. they're nothing exciting but if you're a fan it's nice to hear what it was nearly released as before it got remixed for the single and album

2) The Way You Make Me Feel. it was originally the bside to Never Let You Down and is a nice R&B gem. and I do believe it's 1 of only 5 tracks with Mariama's vocals - the others being Never Let You Down, Won't Take It Lying Down, Why and Love To Love You Baby. In fact, Mariama has solo parts and she sounds great. It's shame she never stayed, who knows what would of happened. Maybe they'd still be going properly (not counting the Butlins reunions)

Comment

Working...
                                                            X