Kate Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blondini
    Lovely video! Very sexy in that split skirt.
    Exactly

Do you know where to get this version (I assume it's live) 'cause I ripped it from my CD of The Kick Inside and was very disappointed to find it's cut short by a minute :(
    I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Comment

Originally posted by theberen
      Exactly

Do you know where to get this version (I assume it's live) 'cause I ripped it from my CD of The Kick Inside and was very disappointed to find it's cut short by a minute :(
      No. I'd not seen it before either. She released it as part of a live EP called On Stage that is unavailable now. I couldn't find any promo vid for it.
      Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (4th July 20) - Young Ejecta, Sault, Sunmi, Millie Turner, Clan Of Xymox, John Carpenter, Hacker T Dog, Hurts, Hayley Williams, Jessie Ware, Kitty, Arca, Nadine Shah, Haim, Ray Lamontagne, Daniel Avery, Snowgoose, Grey Daze, Fire Saga.....

Comment

Exactly

No. I'd not seen it before either. She released it as part of a live EP called On Stage that is unavailable now. I couldn't find any promo vid for it.
        Aha! It's on one of the bonus disk's of This Woman's Work

Which is 92.98 to buy on Amazon

Comment

I got that one

Lionheart is just as good as The Kick Inside and I think its under-rated!
          Its much more darker then TKI!

Symphony In Blue - lyrics are superb
          In Search Of Peter Pan - lyrics again!
          Wow - epic
          Oh England, My Lionheart - even more epic
          Fullhouse - just like it
          In The Warm Room - brilliant how she plays with her voice
          Coffee Homeground - funny
          Hammer Horror - Masterpiece!
          Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
          and you are no exception

Comment

Originally posted by Vindrag
            I got that one

Lionheart is just as good as The Kick Inside and I think its under-rated!
            Its much more darker then TKI!

Symphony In Blue - lyrics are superb
            In Search Of Peter Pan - lyrics again!
            Wow - epic
            Oh England, My Lionheart - even more epic
            Fullhouse - just like it
            In The Warm Room - brilliant how she plays with her voice
            Coffee Homeground - funny
            Hammer Horror - Masterpiece!
            Darker than songs about dead women (Wuthering Heights), spooky coincidences (Strange Phenomena), whale song (or is it dolphins? From Moving), and finally the title track - the subject of which concerns a girl finding out she's been impregnated by her brother?

Only Wow & Hammer Horror are good for me on that album. I was very disappointed.

Comment

Lionheart is superior than 'The Kick Inside' in any possible sense! I'd defend that album with my reputation!!
              YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Loose
                Lionheart is superior than 'The Kick Inside' in any possible sense! I'd defend that album with my reputation!!
                Knock yourself out! I genuinely want to hear why (very few) people think it's better than TKI.

I never thought I'd agree with Blondini on this one but I desperately want to get more of her later work - it's much better.

Comment

Okey okey, I like them both very much. And like not many others I feel they are not alike at all!

The Kick Inside is by the way one of the best KATE BUSH songs. "You're sister I was born, you must loose me like an arrow, shoot into the killer storm".

No wonder I got into poetry! Everything thanks to this girl, woman...

Nobody answered my question! :(
                  I think AERIAL is a masterpiece, somehow.. What do you all think?
                  Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Yes, Aerial is fantastic! Not quite a masterpiece- the first side doesn't really gel. The second side is flawless.
                    Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (4th July 20) - Young Ejecta, Sault, Sunmi, Millie Turner, Clan Of Xymox, John Carpenter, Hacker T Dog, Hurts, Hayley Williams, Jessie Ware, Kitty, Arca, Nadine Shah, Haim, Ray Lamontagne, Daniel Avery, Snowgoose, Grey Daze, Fire Saga.....

Comment

Originally posted by Loose
                      Knock yourself out! I genuinely want to hear why (very few) people think it's better than TKI.
                      Simply because it could be the soundtrack of a musical! It has all the dramatic moments, the twists and turns, the innovation and the sparkle... whereas 'The Kick Inside' is very watery in some places ('Room For Life' and 'Them Heavy People' are two very ridiculous tracks IMO. The album would make a lot more if they wouldn't appear) and not too varied either.

But a very enjoyable record as well. Just not a 'Lionheart' masterpiece.

Comment

Kate is such a goddess. I have been re-discovering her discography since quite some time and i love her so much! There are tons od favourites which i have. She is perfect!

Comment

But if I had to pick her best album, it would be The Dreaming.
                          Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

I'm really wanting that album at the moment! Sat In Your Lap is good, Suspended In Gaffa is great, and Houdini is superb

Comment

I heard Houdini early when Kate first was properly introduced to me by myself , when she began to scream... I somehow experienced something I had never done before...
                              Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

I heard Houdini early when Kate first was properly introduced to me by myself , when she began to scream... I somehow experienced something I had never done before...
                                She doesn't scream though... her voice just sort of goes deeper and she growls :-? Never understood why people think that she screams in the chorus.

What was the experience?

Comment

my faves of her are wuthering heights (classic), running up that hill, baboshka and breathing

Comment

Well I dont think of it like screaming either, its just easier to explain what I mean that way.

I had never heard anything like it! The innovative sound. How she built the song from smooth and then it turns darker and darker.. violins. I remember me shivering in my whole body in a strange/new way!

I was young, 14. And had only listened to Swedish pop radio.
                                    Altough I saw Wuthering Heights on Tv while being 6 and I NEVER forgot that song!

I just wish she would release something new soon, its been almost 4 years since Aerial and Del Palmer mentioned something about Kate being in the studio - but we all know how long time that can take.
                                    Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

I'm really wanting that album at the moment! Sat In Your Lap is good, Suspended In Gaffa is great, and Houdini is superb
                                      And 'Night Of The Swallow' surely is the best.

Comment

Well I dont think of it like screaming either, its just easier to explain what I mean that way.

I had never heard anything like it! The innovative sound. How she built the song from smooth and then it turns darker and darker.. violins. I remember me shivering in my whole body in a strange/new way!

I was young, 14. And had only listened to Swedish pop radio.
                                        Altough I saw Wuthering Heights on Tv while being 6 and I NEVER forgot that song!

I just wish she would release something new soon, its been almost 4 years since Aerial and Del Palmer mentioned something about Kate being in the studio - but we all know how long time that can take.
                                        Oh good I'm glad it was just shivering you experienced My favourite bit of that song is the bridge, where she sings quite sweetly about passing the key etc. In a way I feel the "scream" ruins the song, but on the other hand it also makes it.

Hmm I doubt she'll be releasing anything in a hurry. When you've been in the business so long, I'd assume that you run out of ideas by a certain time.

And Loose I haven't heard that track yet. What's it like?

Comment

Does todays youth in UK know who KATE BUSH is?
                                          Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

I don't think so, no. They don't even know Wuthering Heights the book let alone the song! I almost put but I think this moment needs more of an

Comment

Maybe through Bat For Lashes or Marina and The Diamonds.

Comment

Thats so sad.

I mean, she is supposed to be a legend in your country in my opinion!

"It's alright I'll come back when you're not home..."
                                                Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

I don't think so, no. They don't even know Wuthering Heights the book let alone the song! I almost put but I think this moment needs more of an

I've just had to read Wuthering Heights for my English AS level. Hardly 'gripping'. Our very old english teacher started singing her song too and we all laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom92

I've just had to read Wuthering Heights for my English AS level. Hardly 'gripping'. Our very old english teacher started singing her song too and we all laughed.
                                                    (We so need an "agape" smiley - this one is too overused!)

It was quite gripping! But very depressing. I hated all of the characters. They were ghastly people. Very well written though. Lockwood was a rather bad plot device I admit. Nelly was a bitch. Heathcliff was a bastard. Everyone was an idiot.

Actually the book was pretty shit.

Comment

How beautiful!!!

Thats culture.

"You'r sister I was born..."
                                                      Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Thats so sad.

I mean, she is supposed to be a legend in your country in my opinion!

"It's alright I'll come back when you're not home..."
                                                        Well- she hasn't really had a huge crossover single since Hounds Of Love- and waiting twelve years to release an album is not gonna help the "youth" know who she is!

People who have followed her still love her. But the "youth" are into whatever is popular at the time. Always have been. But as i said- Bat For Lashes, Marina and The Diamonds, Florence and The Machine, Kristeen Young and to a certain extent Regina Spektor are all modern acts that bring to people's attention the originator of the sounds they make. Tori Amos has as well although she too has passed into "legend"/ adult music status- so has Bjork. The "youth" in general have moved on from Bush, Amos and Bjork. Even PJ Harvey is "past it" in commercial terms.

Comment

I've listened to

KING OF THE MOUNTAIN

today.
                                                          On pretty high volume, alone in my house.

A lovely effect on everything standing still.
                                                          Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

That's the only song I like from Aerial. Very swoony - great to "drive" to.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X