Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vindrag
    I dont have Facebook. Help Me!? Till him to Call me
    I just left a message to him, let's hope he reads it!

Comment

But tonight i'd rather experience the show with a UKMIX family member. Than just give it away.
      Aw, if you told me earlier, I would've cancelled France and just use all the money to go to London Too late for me now
      last.fm

Comment

All alone in the UK, drinking beer, headphones. RUTH!!!!

Gonna see her tomorrow as well.

But tonight i'd rather experience the show with a UKMIX family member. Than just give it away.
        Hope you have a great time. Some of my friends have been already and said it was amazing. I'm seeing her next week.
        It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
        But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Spectacular show tonight. Her voice was more mature, as you'd expect but still distinctly Kate. She surprised me with just how powerful her voice is live. So many amazing moments and the staging, lighting and themes explored in The Ninth Wave and A Sky of Honey were just beautiful. Not just a wonderful musical experience but incredible visually too, very theatrical as you would expect from her mind. I wish we could have taken a few pics as some of the sets and projected images were breathtaking. She was also so natural and as far from all those diva types you can imagine.

The only less good parts were a bit of hammy acting and I wasn't so keen on her son's solo. His voice is more suited to a West End performance. Apart from that it was one of the best concerts I've attended. A treat both visually and aurally.

Comment

• I don't think it's as great as everyone is making it out to be. It was good - extremely good - but I think people are getting lost in the idea that they are actually seeing Kate Bush live.

As a performer, Kate's vocal ability is perfect. But I have to admit I expected more than just Kate standing, swaying, and walking around the stage. Where is the woman who believed movement is a bigger expression than music?

I don't expect her to recreate her earlier performances, but it would have been great to see an updated version of what Kate Bush is supposed to be: I watched it thinking Kate Bush from the 70s/80s wouldn't recognise herself.

The show itself doesn't know what it was want to be. Ultimately I think Kate envisaged this as a rock opera music (theatre with contemporary music sung throughout), but it falls short. The audience wanted a real gig, but the lack of hits prevented this. I wouldn't be surprised if Kate wanted to just do the 9th Wave and A Sky Full of Honey, and sod the rest.

Now I know I'm being critical, but it was still an event, and fantastic to see Kate live. She's never toured or publicly performed in my lifetime (I dont think), so it was magical and highly recommended - and if the rumoured live album of this show happens, then I'll be first in line to stream it
            Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Well, I wasn't there ( ) so I can't really judge, but in her defense...

1. She is 56 now, and she was like 20 or something when she did her first tour. How could she possibly dance like that? I mean, it's not impossible, but I wouldn't expect it from anyone.

2. I think the theatric element, great visuals etc. were there also to compensate for her own "standing and swaying" as she's not in shape like she used to be when young. So it's still a great way to create a show with something other than her own movements!

3. I'd never expect artists to play only the big hits. She probably didn't feel very confident vocally to do Wuthering Heights, I dunno. And didn't she do RUTH, Cloudbusting and stuff like that? So it's not like she ignored the hits completely, just didn't let them take over the show just to please casual fans.
              last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by mrlemonade
                Well, I wasn't there ( ) so I can't really judge, but in her defense...

1. She is 56 now, and she was like 20 or something when she did her first tour. How could she possibly dance like that? I mean, it's not impossible, but I wouldn't expect it from anyone.

2. I think the theatric element, great visuals etc. were there also to compensate for her own "standing and swaying" as she's not in shape like she used to be when young. So it's still a great way to create a show with something other than her own movements!

3. I'd never expect artists to play only the big hits. She probably didn't feel very confident vocally to do Wuthering Heights, I dunno. And didn't she do RUTH, Cloudbusting and stuff like that? So it's not like she ignored the hits completely, just didn't let them take over the show just to please casual fans.
                You wrote exactly what I wanted to
                Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Dan's outburst! <3 I conversed with him and told him I couldn't as I have been looking after my ill mum, she recently underwent surgery and needed me there so it couldn't happen! :( Let us know how it went Dan!!
                  My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123

The show itself doesn't know what it was want to be. Ultimately I think Kate envisaged this as a rock opera music (theatre with contemporary music sung throughout), but it falls short. The audience wanted a real gig, but the lack of hits prevented this. I wouldn't be surprised if Kate wanted to just do the 9th Wave and A Sky Full of Honey, and sod the rest.

Now I know I'm being critical, but it was still an event, and fantastic to see Kate live. She's never toured or publicly performed in my lifetime (I dont think), so it was magical and highly recommended - and if the rumoured live album of this show happens, then I'll be first in line to stream it
                    I don't think this was aimed so much at casual fans , so it wasn't a gig in the usual sense of the word. I think she wanted pieces of music that flowed and connected well as coherent themes, so The Ninth Wave and A Sky of Honey lend themselves perfectly to this. I would have liked to see more of a mix from various albums at the start of the concert but Hounds Of Love is one of my favourite songs by any artist so I was happy with that Lily is also a favourite. The lack of Wuthering Heights was my only disappointment but as I knew the setlist by this stage I wasn't expecting it. The church bells and the silver birch forest towards the end of A Sky of Honey were also very reminiscent of The Sensual World which I would also have loved to hear.

I hate to use the word but I did feel 'privileged' last night to be able to attend. I've been a fan since Wuthering Heights came out but this was the first chance I had in my lifetime to see her live and it didn't disappoint. When she sang 'Among Angels' at the piano it was simply breathtaking. That voice

They were definitely filming last night and I know a DVD is in the works so I can't wait to relive such a great night. I just wish I could have gone again. as who knows when or if she will ever perform live again.

Comment

blondin!!?
                      I couldn't have got to London either.
                      Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan
                        Originally posted by menime123

I don't think this was aimed so much at casual fans , so it wasn't a gig in the usual sense of the word. I think she wanted pieces of music that flowed and connected well as coherent themes, so The Ninth Wave and A Sky of Honey lend themselves perfectly to this. I would have liked to see more of a mix from various albums at the start of the concert but Hounds Of Love is one of my favourite songs by any artist so I was happy with that Lily is also a favourite. The lack of Wuthering Heights was my only disappointment but as I knew the setlist by this stage I wasn't expecting it. The church bells and the silver birch forest towards the end of A Sky of Honey were also very reminiscent of The Sensual World which I would also have loved to hear.

I hate to use the word but I did feel 'privileged' last night to be able to attend. I've been a fan since Wuthering Heights came out but this was the first chance I had in my lifetime to see her live and it didn't disappoint. When she sang 'Among Angels' at the piano it was simply breathtaking. That voice

They were definitely filming last night and I know a DVD is in the works so I can't wait to relive such a great night. I just wish I could have gone again. as who knows when or if she will ever perform live again.
                        They were filming when I went too.

Whilst Kate may not feel it's for the casual fans, everyone wanted tickets for the show. I have to admit that I have never sat and listened to Kate in my life - but I put a set list playlist together and I'm starting to fall in love. I know of her hits, and naturally they received the greatest reception on the night. I've not gone right back to the start and I'm playing her first album on repeat constantly: I've been looking for a 'new' artist to really get into and discover for ages, and Kate seems to be it.

I still think it wouldn't have killed her to do Whthering Heights as a piano ballad in the encore thought.

#FreeBritney

Comment

I still think it wouldn't have killed her to do Whthering Heights as a piano ballad in the encore thought.

That would have been perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan

Exactly, and would have suited her lower voice perfectly. She knew the fans would want it, and still decided not to do it. I don't understand her - it's not like she can be sick of it, as she probably hasn't listened to it in 30 odd year

I wish she'd give an interview explaining her tour. As it is, I think she relied on the fact people would just be glad to see her far too much.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Wish I was at tonights shows, the last one! Plus there's the fact it could be Kate's last ever live performance

#FreeBritney

Comment

Wish I was at tonights shows, the last one! Plus there's the fact it could be Kate's last ever live performance
                                I do hope not....I so wish I could have gone twice. I was thinking about the show for days after I had been. Hopefully the fact this has been such a positive experience for her will encourage her to perform relatively more often now, like every 5 years instead of 35 . I don't want to be a pensioner the next time she decides to put on some live shows

Comment

Originally posted by Madgefan

Exactly, and would have suited her lower voice perfectly. She knew the fans would want it, and still decided not to do it. I don't understand her - it's not like she can be sick of it, as she probably hasn't listened to it in 30 odd year

I wish she'd give an interview explaining her tour. As it is, I think she relied on the fact people would just be glad to see her far too much.
                                  Did most fan want it though? Personally I didn't nor has anyone I have talked to about the show who's been even mentioned its absence. I am glad she followed her artists instincts and vision and put on the show she wanted. It is much better to have an artists on stage preforming something they truly believe in then have them clonk their way throught the greastest hits because that is safe and what is expected. To expect Kate to have done anything but follow her artistic muse with these show is to misunderstand her entirely. Kate never has given fans what they want or expect but she has always been true to herself and deilvered such a high standard of work that I have never cared.

Comment

• Originally posted by geekyspice
                                    Originally posted by Madgefan

Did most fan want it though? Personally I didn't nor has anyone I have talked to about the show who's been even mentioned its absence. I am glad she followed her artists instincts and vision and put on the show she wanted. It is much better to have an artists on stage preforming something they truly believe in then have them clonk their way throught the greastest hits because that is safe and what is expected. To expect Kate to have done anything but follow her artistic muse with these show is to misunderstand her entirely. Kate never has given fans what they want or expect but she has always been true to herself and deilvered such a high standard of work that I have never cared.
                                    If you ask anyone, they'll say it was extremely thin on the 'hit' front. In terms of Wuthering Heights, it's like going to see Madonna and have her skip Like A Virgin, Celine skipping My Heart Will Go On or Robbie skipping Angels. Considering she hasn't performed the song in 35 years, the fact its her biggest hit and only #1, I find it's exclusion odd. Adding it wouldn't have distracted from the vision she realised. What it comes down to is the fact that she simply didn't want to do it.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• What it comes down to is the fact that she simply didn't want to do it.
                                      So? I have alrerady made the point that if she didn't want to do why should she? It's not like she completely ignored her greatest hits. Her 3 probably best singles were performed along with what most people consider her best work A Sky of Honey and her magnum opus The 9th Wave. It is very much a moot point she didn't do it and I don't see what the big deal is. She preformed it to death in the 70's and I am glad the show was made up of song she had never sang live before (RUTH and Hounds I have only seen lip synced). The show was amazing regardless and if you came out of it wishing she had done your favorite song I feel a bit sorry for you really. There are plenty of songs I wish I heard and didn't and I couldn't care less because the show was so strong. Also Among Angels > Wuthering Heights

Comment

• After the Dawn

Hi there,
                                        Now all the shows are over, it's pretty difficult to explain how I feel about it all. It was quite a surreal journey that kept its level of intensity right from the early stages to the end of the very last show. It was also such great fun.
                                        It was one of the most extraordinary experiences of my life. I loved the whole process. Particularly putting the band, the Chorus and the team together and watching it all evolve. It really was the ultimate combination of talent and artists, both from the music business and the theatre world. I never expected everyone in the team to be so lovely and we all grew very close. We became a family and I really miss them all terribly.
                                        I was really delighted that the shows were received so positively and so warmly but the really unexpected part of it all was the audiences. Audiences that you could only ever dream of. One of the main reasons for wanting to perform live again was to have contact with that audience.They took my breath away. Every single night they were so behind us. You could feel their support from the minute we walked on stage. I just never imagined it would be possible to connect with an audience on such a powerful and intimate level; to feel such, well quite frankly, love. It was like this at every single show.
                                        Thank you so very much to everyone who came to the shows and became part of that shared experience. It was a truly special and wonderful feeling for all of us.
                                        Very best wishes,
                                        Kate x
                                        "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Kate Bush wins theatre award
                                          News / Martin Kielty / 01 Dec 2014

Before The Dawn shows hailed for creating “new high in music performance”

Kate Bush’s Before The Dawn comeback shows were hailed at a theatre awards ceremony last night for creating “a new high in music performance.”

Her sold-out 22-date residency in London, which ran from August to September, was her first major live commitment since 1979. Bush accepted the Editor's Award at the Evening Standard Theatre Awards from actor Sir Ian McKellan. The event was hosted by comedians Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon.

In October she thanked fans for their support for Before The Dawn, calling it “one of the most extraordinary experiences of my life” and adding: “It was a truly special and wonderful feeling for all of us.” But she also suggested it would be “a while” before she appeared again.

Two shows in mid-September were filmed for a possible DVD release. The residency led to reignited interest in her back-catalogue, making chart history when she became the first female artist to have eight albums in the top 40 at the same time.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/20 ... atre-award
                                          vulnicura.

Comment

• VIDEO
                                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxk56ymXIEc

vulnicura.

Comment

• I hope she does release a dvd. I'd hoped to have it out by Christmas....

#FreeBritney

Comment

I hope she does release a dvd. I'd hoped to have it out by Christmas....
                                                I think they would be stupid if they didn't put it out in the cinemas first. Plus it probably needs a fair bit of post production work to make it work/capture the magic on a screen.

Comment

• Listened to 50 Words For Snow before before bed last night. The album is so haunting and magical a whole world beyond beautiful.

Comment

• Anyone got any updates on when the 'Before the Dawn' DVD might be released? The last thing I heard is she said she wants it to be like a film rather than just a concert DVD. I'm so desperate to relive that wonderful night Absolutely my event of the year !

Comment

Working...
                                                    X