Kate Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate Bush, Enigmatic chanteuse as pop pioneer

Nice read, even mentions Laurie Anderson, another fave of mine.
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
      Kate Bush, Enigmatic chanteuse as pop pioneer

Nice read, even mentions Laurie Anderson, another fave of mine.
      Thanks Crazy..very interesting.

This bit though, "The relatively small size of the British and other European pop music markets makes them more susceptible to the influence of images and fads than their American counterpart, and this fact undoubtedly accounts in part for Kate Bush's inability to achieve anything more than a cult following in the U.S. prior to the mid-1980s"
      It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
      But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Where's the bloody dvd?
        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan
          This bit though, "The relatively small size of the British and other European pop music markets makes them more susceptible to the influence of images and fads than their American counterpart, and this fact undoubtedly accounts in part for Kate Bush's inability to achieve anything more than a cult following in the U.S. prior to the mid-1980s"
          yeah, wasn't she relatively unknown in the US before Hounds of Love?
          last.fm

Comment

• Watch this rude fck interviewing her (Sue Simmons)...https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=e ... pSDOA&NR=1

Another radio interview from 1979, the whole thing is so interesting, a rare clip of a song she recorded at age 15 too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJPVXyTmM4o

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
              Where's the bloody dvd?
              I want that DVD like now !

I'm just listening to 'Hounds of Love' and 'Aerial' as it's the closest I can get to reliving that night currently The Rolf Harris part is slightly unnerving knowing what we do now. I just wish she would perform again soon but I guess that's highly unlikely. Maybe in 10 years

Comment

• Who likes The Dreaming album here? It's probably her most kooky album, so I'm obviously going to love it.

GET OUTTA MY HOOOUUSSEE!!!

Comment

Who likes The Dreaming album here? It's probably her most kooky album, so I'm obviously going to love it.

GET OUTTA MY HOOOUUSSEE!!!
                  Well, I adore all of Kate's albums . I think 'Sat In Your Lap' is one of her best songs although it's tricky to say that as she has so many to pick from. I know you love 'There Goes A Tenner' I can't imagine any other artist making a track like 'The Dreaming' , even at the time I remember people weren't sure what to make of it probably why you like it

Comment

• weird how The Dreaming was considered too weird and over the top by critics, but among fans it's a work of art and probably her most genius album

I enjoy some songs, some are too much for me still, but one at a time

The Sensual World was such a big grower, I rarely listened to it until a few months back
                    last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by mrlemonade
                      weird how The Dreaming was considered too weird and over the top by critics, but among fans it's a work of art and probably her most genius album

I enjoy some songs, some are too much for me still, but one at a time

The Sensual World was such a big grower, I rarely listened to it until a few months back
                      The Sensual World is probably my favourite, each track has great meaning to me. When I listen to it's like wrapping myself in a familiar, warm blanket

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan
                        Originally posted by menime123
                        Where's the bloody dvd?
                        I want that DVD like now !

I'm just listening to 'Hounds of Love' and 'Aerial' as it's the closest I can get to reliving that night currently The Rolf Harris part is slightly unnerving knowing what we do now. I just wish she would perform again soon but I guess that's highly unlikely. Maybe in 10 years

I created a playlist of the tour, and have listened to that a few times. I get what you mean about Rolf, but I don't dwell on it - I judge the work, not the person, and his vocals complement the track.

I don't think she'll perform again anytime soon, but part of me hopes that she enjoyed it that much she's wondering how she could present some of her other work... and if we're lucky enough an idea will take hold.

All that said, I'm still very much a new Kate Bush fan, having only heard her first album, Hounds and Aerial. I haven't even bothered with a greatest hits album. I call myself a fan, but because there's a lack of Kate music and I'm still very much in love with these three albums, I see no need to rush my way through her work - where's the fun in that?

And then there's the fact you need to sit and listen intently to her work and find the meaning in it. I love discovering what the hell she's singing about

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Been listening to goddess Kate lately, I fcking love this woman.

The Dreaming album is masterful.

Comment

Been listening to goddess Kate lately, I fcking love this woman.

The Dreaming album is masterful.

Every time this thread is bumped I hope it's news of the damn DVD

I only discovered Kate last year, and I'm really taking my time working through her catalogue - no need to rush through it as I can't see it increasing any time soon! Hounds of Love is possibly one of my all time favourite albums now and I feel so privileged to have seen all but two songs performed live.

Discovering The Red Shoes at the minute. I wish she had added Rubberband Girl to the setlist.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Unpublished Kate Bush pics

Comment

• She is probably editing the dvd herself, so it'll take 5 years to complete
                                B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

Comment

• I feel I gotta get up on the roof!

Me too Kate. :( Love this crazy b*tch.

The song "Aerial" is bliss.

Comment

• Kate Bush has paid tribute to David Bowie in a rare public statement printed by the Guardian this weekend.

" David Bowie had everything. He was intelligent, imaginative, brave, charismatic, cool, sexy and truly inspirational both visually and musically. He created such staggeringly brilliant work, yes, but so much of it and it was so good. There are great people who make great work but who else has left a mark like his? No one like him.

Im struck by how the whole country has been flung into mourning and shock. Shock, because someone who had already transcended into immortality could actually die. He was ours. Wonderfully eccentric in a way that only an Englishman could be.

Whatever journey his beautiful soul is now on, I hope he can somehow feel how much we all miss him."

Comment

• Kate & David, two of our BEST.

Comment

Kate & David, two of our BEST.
                                        Totally agree. To me she is his female twin if that makes sense

Comment

• Do we have any DVD news? In starting to think it'll never happen.

Ever since she announced she was going on 'tour' I've been listening to her. I've not listened to everything yet, but Hounds of Love is one of the greatest albums of all time. So happy to have seen her perform it live.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Kate's brother said it may happen, she will just take time to finish it and only release it when she thinks it looks perfect. So until the moment she thinks it is perfect comes, we won't know of a release date.

Im staying right here.

Comment

• Before the Dawn Live Audio out December 2nd

http://www.pontiacdailyleader.com/blogs ... ign=buffer

Im staying right here.

Comment

• WTF?! Where's the f***ing Blu-Ray :evil:
                                                When we lose what we love
                                                Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                                When we lose what we love
                                                Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Maybe Kate was not happy with it.

Im staying right here.

Comment

• Not convinced that's real just yet, as there's nothing anywhere about it

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                    X