No announcement yet.

Brandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her rap was cute. I'm loving too little too late right now. I'm glad she's not wanting long to come back and I can't wait for her follow up.

Comment

another alter-ego girl, i wonder who'll be the else....?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocka
        wow its quiet in here... wheres zuzu?
        Pissed off that he did not start the topic
        Theres just lots of leaked duets with Brandy lately... I think she'll make an announcement soon about an album later this year... well I hope
        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

So far, we've had leaks with Brandy and:

Neyo
          Mario
          Ginuwine

Right?
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

1. Thanks!
            2. I don't think its an "official single"
            3. I am glad she is following up fast with Human. She needs to keep her name out there until she gets the right formula ala Rihanna.
            What did you actually thank me for?... the info, well if so then: "my pleasure"

The Mario song contains very little Brandy... so it doesn't count. It is a Mario-song; nothing for the new album. With the song "It's My Party" I'm wonderin' if it is not a lil bit old becuz people new already many months ago bout this song.

wow its quiet in here... wheres zuzu?
            I thought exactly the same lol
            Who are the most favorite hip hop acts on UkMix?

Find out here!!!

Comment

im wishing her a lot of success human was a great album i lovd it but since zuzu didnt start why act like tht i mean i am the biggest brandy fan too even if i didnt meet her
              http://www.monicasource.com the official home for all Monica Fans

Comment

Maybe already posted?????

Brandy Norwood: Singer Dropped By Label & Parts With Management

Posted by Jawn Murray on Jul 9th 2009 1:23PM
                Filed under: Exclusives, Gossip, Music

R&B singer Brandy Norwood is in search of a new record deal. BV Buzz has learned exclusively that the 30-year-old singer was just dropped by her label Epic Records because of the lackluster sales of from her comeback CD, 'Human.' Released on Dec. 8, 2008, the CD has only sold 196,509 units to date according to SoundScan. "Her friend Brandon Creed that works as an A&R representative at Epic Records has been making calls to see if other labels would be interested in signing her," a record company source told me.

In addition, Brandy has also parted ways with her management. The former 'Moesha' star had been represented in recent months by Jay-Z's Roc Nation Management. The McComb, Miss.-bred singer's relationship with Roc Nation supposedly dissolved because of "creative differences."
                Black Music Notes Nov. 20

A rep for Roc Nation did confirm the split to BV Buzz. "Roc Nation no longer reps Brandy," the publicist Jana Fleishman said in an e-mail yesterday. A source tells me that Brandy's business relationship with Roc Nation "is what kept Epic Records from dropping her months ago." Since the singer is no longer repped by the firm, the label "didn't see the benefit in giving her another album."

"She was signed to Epic when Charlie Walk was president of the label. Now that Amanda Ghost is president, she is the one who decided to let Brandy go," the source explained. Coincidentally, Roc Nation had also represented Ghost, who in addition to being president of Epic Records is a Grammy-nominated songwriter who has written for Beyoncé, Jordin Sparks and Shakira.

Brandy's last CD 'Human' was her first release in more than four years and her debut album for Epic Records. Prior to signing with Epic, the singer had recorded exclusively for Atlantic Records, where she released four CDs before parting ways with that label in 2005.

BV Buzz's call to Ghost's office was forwarded to Elisa Goldman in the publicity department. That call has gone unreturned. A message was left for Creed as well, though he has yet to respond. An email sent to Brandy's mother/on-again, off-again manager Sonja Bates Norwood has gone unanswered as well. [quote]

http://www.bvbuzz.com/2009/07/09/bra...th-management

Comment

:(

Comment

Wow....that's really terrible...man..these good artist are leaving

Comment

4everBrandy#notagoodlook when so called journalist spread false rumors without the facts Don't believe everything you read or see!
                      8 minutes ago from web

don't know if thats about the label situation

Comment

Originally posted by naughtynae
                        4everBrandy#notagoodlook when so called journalist spread false rumors without the facts Don't believe everything you read or see!
                        8 minutes ago from web

don't know if thats about the label situation
                        Yea, I also thought that was vague. If I read in between the lines, sounds like she was dropped but she has her version of being dropped.

Its so sad if she is indeed dropped. Things are just not going well for her now

Comment

Comment

Wow haven't been in here for awhile...... but I dont think she has a single on the way so I think the title of the thread can be changed back.

I honestly don't think she was dropped. I think they were in talks of parting and someone opened their mouth and spread rumors. They do these artists so wrong these days lol. Same thing when Kelly wanted to leave.... all of a sudden she was dropped because of album sales from 3 years ago! Its sad how much bull ppl buy into. But the truth will come out in time.....

I think things are going great for Brandy!!! She's more free than she's been in awhile. like she said.... time to have fun!

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

Dammmmn I can't believe it :( :( ; is it really true? The low sales are only the fault of Epic. Brandy is a BIG name and was gne for 4 years. Any other label would have made her have a 350k-debut-week... I hope something like "Jive", "Arista" or "J"... or maybe Akons Konvict or Timbaland's Mosley Music Group

Anyways I hope her new album is gonna come out this year and that it will feature a hot line about MJ and some good collabos, produced Bryan Michael Cox or The-Dream :-?

Find out here!!!

Comment

Um Brandy been announced these were false on twitter.
                                  Please check out my city!

http://5th-ward.myminicity.com/

Comment

brandy is in studio with Timbo as we speak..

Regarding the label situation, as much as I am one of Bran's biggest stans, I would really like it if her management team will be on top of news and information. The internet shouldnt be the place where we hear about the label situation. I feel like she should have a statement on her myspace at least explaining that "Brandy and Epic have amicably parted ways".. this information controversy wont be on right now if they had been on top of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocka
                                      brandy is in studio with Timbo as we speak..

Regarding the label situation, as much as I am one of Bran's biggest stans, I would really like it if her management team will be on top of news and information. The internet shouldnt be the place where we hear about the label situation. I feel like she should have a statement on her myspace at least explaining that "Brandy and Epic have amicably parted ways".. this information controversy wont be on right now if they had been on top of it...
                                      GREAT Point!!

That's been Brandy's downfall ever since the Full Moon era. If something happens to any other celebrity, a statement is immediately released!! Its a courtesy to the fans who support you. They want to know the truth. And no twitter update can change that.

She needs to start releasing an OFFICIAL statement on things that happen to her.

Comment

With Brandy and all these duets, wonder what the plan is? A Brandy and Friends album would be nice.

Comment

I know this is off topic, but does anyone have that Unreleased album with all of Brandy's unreleased tracks?
                                          Caught In A Bad Romance

Comment

OMG preyan i just spit my juice out lmao u off the chain
                                            http://www.monicasource.com the official home for all Monica Fans

Comment

Was it the "Brandy & Friends album"-Idea or where did hat lmao come from... I heard TLTL is now a confirmed track on the album. Also she recorded lots of songs with brother Ray j for the upcoming album named "R&B" = Ray J and Brandy[/i]

Find out here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pleasurenpain
                                                Was it the "Brandy & Friends album"-Idea or where did hat lmao come from... I heard TLTL is now a confirmed track on the album. Also she recorded lots of songs with brother Ray j for the upcoming album named "R&B" = Ray J and Brandy[/i]
                                                Good news! I like TLTL (without Ne-Yo - though having him in it will boost her profile a lil' bit - provided its released as a single, of course).

I'm also glad that Brandy's working with Timbaland again! And regarding her parting ways with Epic, I think its true... She was too vague in 'denying' the rumour via her twitter! She should've straight out said that she's still happy there or something like that...

Hoping for the best!!!
                                                Brandy: www.4everBrandy.com Twitter: www.twitter.com/4everBrandy

Comment

As per Reuters TV:

Singer Brandy has settled a lawsuit filed by a survivor of her 2006 car crash. Online tabloid TMZ reported that Brandy settled with the victim for an undisclosed amount. The woman apparently suffered severe facial injuries. The driver of another car died as a result of the accident.

Comment

so far shes worked with:
                                                    The-Dream
                                                    Stargate
                                                    The Neptunes
                                                    Timbaland
                                                    Ne-Yo
                                                    Brian Kennedy

so far so good...i hope she collaborates wit Kanye, Jay Z, and Drake....call me crazy but a Brandy and Lady Gaga track would b FIRE only if gaga stays on the chourse and is an uptempo/club banger

and lastly i read somewhere[i think brandysource forum] that Louboutin is supposedly gonna feature either MIA, Drake or Kid Quidi.....honestly they should go wit Drake and release a remix wit Lil Wayne and MIA...Brandy is coming back hard!!

Comment

Regardless of what really happens, if she is leaving, I hope she finds some place that can promote her well.

I'm so glad she's doing more tracks with Timbo. Can't wait to hear them.

Comment

so far shes worked with:
                                                        The-Dream
                                                        Stargate
                                                        The Neptunes
                                                        Timbaland
                                                        Ne-Yo
                                                        Brian Kennedy

so far so good...i hope she collaborates wit Kanye, Jay Z, and Drake....call me crazy but a Brandy and Lady Gaga track would b FIRE only if gaga stays on the chourse and is an uptempo/club banger

and lastly i read somewhere[i think brandysource forum] that Louboutin is supposedly gonna feature either MIA, Drake or Kid Quidi.....honestly they should go wit Drake and release a remix wit Lil Wayne and MIA...Brandy is coming back hard!!
                                                        Brandy has also worked with Babyface, Dawn Richards, Kelly Rowland, Eric Hudson. And I heard about her collaborating with Missy Elliott and Kerry Brothers (Alicia Keys' producer and writer)...

Find out here!!!

Comment

so far shes worked with:
                                                          The-Dream
                                                          Stargate
                                                          The Neptunes
                                                          Timbaland
                                                          Ne-Yo
                                                          Brian Kennedy

Brandy has also worked with Babyface, Dawn Richards, Kelly Rowland, Eric Hudson. And I heard about her collaborating with Missy Elliott and Kerry Brothers (Alicia Keys' producer and writer)...
                                                          Who told you
                                                          that
                                                          rumour
                                                          ?

Comment

She's also been working with Rhona Bennett (member of En Vogue between 2004 - 2008), according to Rhona's blog - but that might be for Rhona's project rather than for Brandy.
                                                            "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Originally posted by dereon
                                                              so far shes worked with:
                                                              The-Dream
                                                              Stargate
                                                              The Neptunes
                                                              Timbaland
                                                              Ne-Yo
                                                              Brian Kennedy

Who told you
                                                              that
                                                              rumour
                                                              ?
                                                              I really hope all of this is true!! If it is it would be so good for Brandy...

Really anticipating this album - some official news would be great!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X