Brandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandy to be Honored at 2019 BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards

BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.) will honor multi-platinum, GRAMMY Award-winning singer/songwriter and actress Brandy with the BMI President’s Award at its 2019 R&B/Hip-Hop Awards on Thursday, August 29th.

The private event, held at the Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center in Atlanta, will be hosted by BMI President & CEO Mike O’Neill and BMI Vice President Creative (Atlanta), Catherine Brewton.

“As a singer/songwriter, actress and humanitarian, Brandy is a triple threat in every sense of the word,” said Brewton. “Her timeless hits about love and heartbreak were anthems to many coming of age during the 90s and secured her place in R&B history.” Brewton added, “We are so excited to honor Brandy with the BMI President’s Award and look forward to celebrating a night of great music.”

The BMI President’s Award is presented to an individual songwriter, composer or producer who has made exemplary contributions to the art of music and songwriting and profoundly influenced the entertainment industry.

As the 2019 honoree, Brandy joins previous recipients Curtis Mayfield, Ludacris, Toni Braxton and Will.i.am in sharing this distinction.
    https://www.urbanmag-online.com/bran...op-awards/amp/
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
      dope dope
      Forever Young

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• If the album is done, I’m guessing it will be released by November.
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• I hope so!!!! I can't wait for a new Brandy album.
            "Lift up your head
            Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Brandy Talks New Album & Continuing Whitney Houston's Legacy At Black Girls Rock 2019

Last edited by Nippian93; Mon September 9th, 2019, 02:40.
              Whitney Houston

Comment

• 1. She has a duet with Ray J - he’s a failed rapper turned RnB artist, and has an average voice at best but thanks to being the little brother of Brandy, he’s somewhat celebrated amongst a few fans
                2. She’s trying things she’s never tried before - I’m feeling the “in sound” which won’t last long
                3. She thinks Whitney has a song out with what’s his name - you love Whitney, you should know for sure

I’m starting to get less eager about this release.
                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• 1. She has a duet with Ray J - good she hasn't forgotten where she came from.
                  2. She’s trying things she’s never tried before - I'm open for this, never judge before you've heard it
                  3. She thinks Whitney has a song out with what’s his name - you love Whitney, but don't have to be a stan

I’m starting to get eager about this release.

#OmDenken #LookFromADifferentAngle
                  Last edited by RayRay; Mon September 9th, 2019, 19:51.
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• If it is coming this year a first single should arrive soon.
                    Last edited by RayRay; Mon September 9th, 2019, 19:51.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Every time this thread is updated I hold my breath hoping the FREAKING ALBUM is announced, or atleast a single.
                        It's never that!!!
                        "Lift up your head
                        Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• ^Saaaaaaammmmmmmeeeeeeeeee. ugh.
                          Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• What albums or songs do you guys listen to the most?

I haven't been listening to her music for a while, but she's one of those musical threads for me, she always comes back and I fall in love with her all over again, like so many artists.

I think everything from "Never say never" till "Afrodisiac" is basically perfect. Perfect trilogy where every album has a current sound that belongs to the time of release, you can really her the growth.

"Human" is very sweet and beautiful but I missed the edge and "2/11" was a bit of a "best of" attempt, it's a good album but she can do MUCH better.
                            "Lift up your head
                            Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• I listen to Never Say Never a couple times a week. And my faves SUIMR.
                              i love NSN and Full Moon sound. I wish she’d go back to that, just for the fans!
                              Those 2 albums made her the vocal bible.

Comment

• Still one of the best R&B voices ever.

Comment

• I have one serious dream - re-recorded Sittin' Up In My Room with original backing vocals. Im sick of listening fanmade video from concerts. Why she doesnt want perform it live somewhere with cameras (MTV...)?

Comment

She liked this tweet.

Imagine believing her music is worth 100M

Comment

• Off topic but I dreamt I met Brandy at a house party, and I decided to sing Mase part in TOTW. She and I both didn’t know the lyrics for the most part. We mumbled until she could sing (karaoke)
                                      I’m not superstitious but what does this mean?

Comment

Off topic but I dreamt I met Brandy at a house party, and I decided to sing Mase part in TOTW. She and I both didn’t know the lyrics for the most part. We mumbled until she could sing (karaoke)
                                        I’m not superstitious but what does this mean?
                                        It means that girl needs to release her goddamn album and get her ass out there touring! You're Brandy deprived LOL!
                                        I was actually reminiscing on the one time I saw her live (the fact I even got to see her live is a blessing in itself).
                                        Turns out it's actually 10 freaking years ago!!! 10 years!!!
                                        I think I recorded this on one of those digital camera's we used to carry before smartphones became a thing. Potato quality but a memory.
                                        "Lift up your head
                                        Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Thanks for sharing. Yes, I agree. She needs to God damn release!
                                          I wish she’d go back to her FM roots! That was her at her most mature, vulnerable finest. And vocally a beast!

Comment

• Ready!

Comment

• Yass

Comment

• It looks like an anniversary edition of Never Say Never.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                                  It looks like an anniversary edition of Never Say Never.
                                                  Son, it’s only 21 years. Her debut is 25yrs this year

Comment

• When Brandy finally re-record her main vocals for Sittin' Up IMR? I want to listen her recent vocals in studio quality...

Comment

Son, it’s only 21 years. Her debut is 25yrs this year
                                                      And if it were the case, the album would says Never say never reedition or similar

Comment

• Wait is this her new album? Why does the cover say "25th anniversary" when it's a new album?
                                                        The cover is ugly as sin and does resemble the NSN artwork with the composition.
                                                        "Lift up your head
                                                        Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                          Wait is this her new album? Why does the cover say "25th anniversary" when it's a new album?
                                                          The cover is ugly as sin and does resemble the NSN artwork with the composition.
                                                          This friday will be the 25th anniversary of her debut album. I guess the "25th anniversary" stands for the 25th anniversary of her career...if that makes sense? Kind of like Janet‘s "20 Y.O." situation.

I think it‘ll be a single since I don’t think she‘ll suprise release an album.
                                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Comment

• If this is classic Brandy, I’mma drop mah nudes

Comment

Working...
                                                              X