• Show
Clear All

• delapuerta
    replied
    Mariah and Brandy back in 1996

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    So disappointed with Monica in that VERZUZ episode. She didn't even look excited at all.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    When you go to Brandy's Spotify discography, it says she has a new release: The Gift of Repetition. It's some rock band called Brandy... What's it doing on her page?

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Just discovered this brilliant mashup of Brandy singing Sitting Up In My Room and Monica Before You Walk Out My Life, to Mo's beat!!!

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    I so enjoyed this. This was a moment for me and my childhood. I Stan down for both of them.

Their streaming profile has increase immensely from this. R&B lives forever.

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    This verzuz thing is actually really smart. I was pleasantly surprised one of the earlier verzuzes (I think it was BabyFace vs. someone else?) gained so much traction on social media!

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Goonica was more concerned with C-Murder’s parole it seems.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    So many celebrities watched the stream last night. Michelle Obama, Mariah Carey, Adele, JoJo, Kehlani, Erykah Badu, Zayn, Chloe X Halle, Ciara, Normani, Snoop Dogg, Dinah Jane, Babyface, Ne-Yo....
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue September 1, 2020, 11:45.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Originally posted by mattsky View Post
    I actually love Human. Why does she hate it?
    She was disappointed by its chart performance, its marketing and it was supposed to be a more personal R&B album (I guess she did that now with "B7") but after Rodney Jerkins became the executive producer he changed the entire sound of the album and her team abandoned other R&B songs so that the rest of the tracklist that doesn’t have the pop sound that he had in mind wouldn’t sound out of place.

Some quotes:

"It was lacking my belief in it. It lacked my vision. Pretty much bottom line, if you don't believe in something it's not going to go. So do I believe that Human was as creative as Never Say Never and Full Moon? No, I do not. You definitely want to put something out that's like that. I felt at the same time I could have had much better songs and a much better set-up."

"To hell with that album! [...] Where I felt creatively it could've gone and the space I was in creatively, I needed everybody around me to be in that same space. It would've been a different album, but with the same inspiration and same blessing for other people. It would've been hotter music and a hotter look."
    She got dropped (or left) by Epic Records only a year after signing a new record deal with them. Later in her reality show she said that she was convinced that Darkchild didn’t give her his best material and she was still very salty about that album.

Darkchild also distanced himself from the album as soon as it was released but claimed that the involvement of other producers was the problem.

I personally love "Human" too. I don’t think she has a single bad album. "The Definition" and "Right Here (Departed)" are two of my favorite songs of hers.
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue September 1, 2020, 10:45.

Leave a comment:

• mattsky
    replied
    I actually love Human. Why does she hate it?

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    1.2 million people watched it.

It was a bit long (3 hours) but still iconic. There were some very shady moments there. It was very passive aggressive at times. There were like two or three moments where I thought they would start fighting on camera but Brandy always cut Monica off or apologized when things got a little heated. I think they respect each other but they don’t necessarily like each other.
    Brandy always wanted to sing especially during the final "The Boy Is Mine" moment but she held back because Monica didn’t sing I guess.

Anyway Brandy obviously won this for me. She ignored "Human" so I guess that means she still hates that album and she gave a lot of attention to "Full Moon" as she should because it’s one of the best R&B albums ever. She should’ve given a bit more attention to "Afrodisiac".
    Monica has a few nice songs but that’s all for me. It was smart of her to release a new song during this thing though.

So they have plans to go on tour btw
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue September 1, 2020, 04:23.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue September 1, 2020, 01:31.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    600k viewers only on Instagram already and only the DJ set is playing right now.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    The Verzuz battle starts in 2 hours.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Brandy is going to be live streaming a show on September the first at 2:00 AM CEST.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

She's so powerful

Leave a comment:

• MusicJunk90
    replied
    I'm looking forward to this. They both have great catalogues so it's going to come down to who is more strategic. Brandy having a new album to promote may be to her demise and Monica's advantage.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    I set my alarm for 2am. Not missing this!

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    This is most definitely gonna be the biggest Verzus battle.

I'm so hype about it.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Literally the biggest event in black music since King’s surprise album release.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X