No announcement yet.

Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She had a breakdown 12 years and and is still under the conservatorship. Surely there is more to the story as to why a 37 year old Woman cannot take care of her own money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
      She had a breakdown 12 years and and is still under the conservatorship. Surely there is more to the story as to why a 37 year old Woman cannot take care of her own money.
      Well usually it’s because of someone’s mental health. There is clearly more to this than not being able to take care of her money - we don’t know how fiscally irresponsible she’s been though: for all we know, she could have spent millions on online bingo

Joking aside, either Britney is happy with her lack of total control or the judge continues to deem it necessary. I’m surprised she hasn’t been managed off it by now, which makes me think that ultimately she’s happier not having the responsibility.
      Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivica View Post
        Britney Spears and Sam Asghari have split?

Posting incog since I'm in-the-know. Britney's family wanted him to be part of the conservatorship and he said no. Felt it would be too much responsibility for him to take on and he essentially felt like they wanted him more as a babysitter than someone who was in a relationship with Britney so he peaced out. Britney is furious at her family for trying to drag yet another male into her business affairs and she is also heartbroken.

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/britney-spears-and-sam-asghari-have-split.2217869/

Really hope this ain't truth
        This is bullshit. Sam was posting about her on his Instagram story just two days ago.

Comment

• The Britney musical ”Once Upon a One More Time“ starts in October.

A new musical comedy set to the pop anthems of Britney Spears is officially here! ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME is an uproarious, irreverent look at the towering challenges, charms, and choices involved in finding that most elusive of endings: Happily Ever After. It features some of Britney’s most iconic hits throughout her career!
          https://nyti.ms/2VVtSPy
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
            I think it was very telling that during her much hyped 2016 BBMA’s Medley Performance she didn’t include a single Max Martin track:

Work Bitch
            Womanizer
            I Love Rock N Roll
            Breathe On Me
            I’m A Slave 4 U
            Touch Of My Hand
            Toxic
            This is just a coincidence. She just happened to choose the best parts of PoM show to perform at BBMAs. I’m glad she didnt perform BOMT and Oops tho. The performances of these two songs were boring. So was If Ou Seek Amy performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivica View Post
              Britney Spears and Sam Asghari have split?

Posting incog since I'm in-the-know. Britney's family wanted him to be part of the conservatorship and he said no. Felt it would be too much responsibility for him to take on and he essentially felt like they wanted him more as a babysitter than someone who was in a relationship with Britney so he peaced out. Britney is furious at her family for trying to drag yet another male into her business affairs and she is also heartbroken.

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/britney-spears-and-sam-asghari-have-split.2217869/

Really hope this ain't truth
              I dont believe a bit of this. I want Sam to have nothing to do with the conservatorship. I just wish this shit will stop soon. Imagine how frustrated Britney must have been.

Anyway, I like Sam like a lot. I’m not sure what he does for a living but, a part from the fact that he is hot, he is not the type of boyfriend who follows Britney everywhere like a dog. It proves that he has jobs to do and is just someone who wants Britney’s money or uses her for fame.

Do y’all like Sam?

Comment

• Originally posted by PeterPaulMary View Post
                This is just a coincidence. She just happened to choose the best parts of PoM show to perform at BBMAs. I’m glad she didnt perform BOMT and Oops tho. The performances of these two songs were boring. So was If Ou Seek Amy performance.
                “Bney” just go away for once. Stop creating accounts. Stop trying.

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                The Britney musical ”Once Upon a One More Time“ starts in October.

https://nyti.ms/2VVtSPy
                This sounds like fun!
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I have a good feeling for her next plans! The cancelling of Domination maybe came for a good reason.

Comment

• Me too, she did the right thing taking some time off to get some rest and support her family. She’ll come with new energy and happier.
                    BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Comment

• "Baby One More Time" music video hit 400 million views on Youtube yesterday automatically becoming one of the very few and selected music videos from the 90s to surpass the 400m mark. It has also become the most watched music video from 1998 and the 3rd most watched female solo music video from the 90s.

Keep streaming and congratulations to this iconic music video!:

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• "Femme Fatale" turns 8 today!

I know it's not universally loved amongst fans of Britney's but apart from her sounding like Mickey Mouse from time to time due to producers going mad with autotune, I seriously believe it's a perfect record when it comes to songs, melodies and hit potential.

I can still remember how I skipped a few classes at school so that I was able to take the bus and the train to get to the biggest CD store in Germany to buy it and listen to the record for the very first time (didn't listen to any snippets or leaks back before).

Also, even though Britney looked a bit lost, I think that the music videos from this Era are exceptionally brilliant (concept-wise and when it comes to directing and outfits, dancers etc.)

My favourite songs are:
                        He About To Lose Me
                        Inside Out
                        (Drop Dead) Beautiful
                        How I Roll
                        Hold It Against Me
                        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• - her sixth #1 album in the US
                          - #31 on the 2011 US year-end album chart
                          - #1 in 6 other countries & Top 10 in 21 countries
                          - has sold 4.3 million copies worldwide (ChartMasters)
                          - spawned her fourth #1 hit and two Top 10 hits
                          - her only album to have all videos reach 100 million views on YouTube
                          - ”How I Roll“ was named the best song of 2011 by the Rolling Stone

Such an iconic album and era. I hate how underappreciated it is in some parts of this fandom. It’s #4 in my ranking.

It was probably the first Britney album that I bought on release day from my pocket money (I was 10 back then lol). That album was literally on repeat every day for 2 years.

Favorite tracks:

Hold It Against Me
                          Till the World Ends
                          Scary
                          (Drop Dead) Beautiful
                          Inside Out
                          Selfish
                          He About to Lose Me
                          Gasoline
                          How I Roll

I can’t narrow that down lol. The only song I really don’t like is ”Trip to Your Heart“.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• "Femme Fatale" was very popular among her fanbase here in Latin America and the singles were her biggest radio hits since "In The Zone" over here.

The album is indeed very solid and cohesive from start to finish but it was IMO a manipulated contract filler album aimed to capitalize on the "Circus" comeback success, it was just pure business. I loved the music videos from this era tho, they were all high-budget, very story-driven, with concepts and variety with "Hold It Against Me" being a particular highlight in her videography.

The critical reception was positive with Rolling Stone and NME giving very good scores to it, while her fans deal with this album in different ways, generally the US fans are more critical to this than her international fans who seem to appreciate the album these days, I personally think it's a good album and don't mind to enjoy it whenever I'm looking for bops. Nonetheless this was her last commercially successful era as a whole.

Comment

• What a trash album.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                - ”How I Roll“ was named the best song of 2011 by the Rolling Stone.
                                This is a lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                  This is a lie.
                                  It is false indeed.

Rolling Stone did name "Till The World Ends" the 3rd best song of 2011 tho.

RS: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...e-days-167497/

Comment

• [MENTION=35001]Instinct[/MENTION] [MENTION=35073]MrLeonix[/MENTION]

https://www.idolator.com/6119511/rol...ios=1&safari=1

Comment

• It was #1 on Rob Sheffield‘s personal list, which is much different. Private Show also made that list in 2016.

Comment

• Till the world ends on #3? Ewww :/

I like the album. I think it's on #4 from Britney's albums for me. But it didn't age good mostly for me though.
                                        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• I never understood the hate for Femme Fatale. Sure it's no Blackout, but it's her most fun album probably as every song can be played on the dancefloor and it actually has a nice flow.
                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• It’s no different from a Heidi Montag or Paris Hilton record - generic, faceless, and lacks any talent whatsoever.

Comment

• IMO “Femme Fatale” is a solid album and she and her team choosed the right songs as a single. “I Wanna Go” was a great radio hit in America and had a good music video.

In the end, every album from her is better than “Britney Jean”

Comment

It’s no different from a Heidi Montag or Paris Hilton record - generic, faceless, and lacks any talent whatsoever.
                                                Didn’t know her other albums were alternative music with deep, philosophical lyrics lmfao

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                  Didn’t know her other albums were alternative music with deep, philosophical lyrics lmfao
                                                  Compared to Crap Fatale...yes, they are.

Comment

What a trash album.
                                                    I have to agree. Lyrics and vocals were not great on this album at all but I'm glad that we got Criminal, He About To Lose Me and Trip To Your Heart.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X