Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    "Femme Fatale" was very popular among her fanbase here in Latin America and the singles were her biggest radio hits since "In The Zone" over here.

The album is indeed very solid and cohesive from start to finish but it was IMO a manipulated contract filler album aimed to capitalize on the "Circus" comeback success, it was just pure business. I loved the music videos from this era tho, they were all high-budget, very story-driven, with concepts and variety with "Hold It Against Me" being a particular highlight in her videography.

The critical reception was positive with Rolling Stone and NME giving very good scores to it, while her fans deal with this album in different ways, generally the US fans are more critical to this than her international fans who seem to appreciate the album these days, I personally think it's a good album and don't mind to enjoy it whenever I'm looking for bops. Nonetheless this was her last commercially successful era as a whole.
    When was the last time you rewatched videos?

I re-watched them recently and I was shocked how bad they were, especially last 3.

HIAM had great concept but it was obvious Britney's brain wasn't in the video, her dead eyes and terrible robotic moves are making video going from 8/10 to 4/10.

TTWE is boring non-event, she's just underground and jumping around, again, terrible moves.

IWG has too many cheap effects, it's not cool like I thought it was back in the day. It was actually a bit cringe to me now when I rewatched it.

Criminal is ugly mes, idea is terrible, plus editing and those cheap Instagram effects make it look even cheaper.

Alum on the other side, no matter how robotic and soulless it is, is actually great.

Comment

• The thing with the Femme Fatale videos is that despite having good concepts and a decent budget, she looked ugly and fat in all of them (except Criminal), so that ruined them for me. It's a shame because Hold It Against Me had potential to be one of the greatest videos of her career, but unfortunately she was dead. Criminal is the only one I like.

Comment

• Here's a snippet of Britney's cover of Otis Redding - I’ve Been Loving You Too Long

Last FM <3
        Instagram

Comment

• Sounds bubblegum - so first 2 eras maybe?
          Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• I don't hear bubblegum in this
            it's from 2006
            Last FM <3
            Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
              What a trash album.
              Someone’s bitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                Someone’s bitter.
                Over what exactly?

Comment

• I always liked "Criminal", I think it is the more "normal" pop-sounding single from FF, the other 3 were too heavily dance.
                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Omg I've stumbled upon this video on youtube, I totally forgot that Crazy was covered here back in 2001, it was massive - and probably the main reason Crazy is one of Britney's signature songs here. She was our hottest singer ever

Comment

• Criminal was always my favourite from the album.
                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Yeah, "Crazy" was also big over here back in the day. It's a fun song.
                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

The thing with the Femme Fatale videos is that despite having good concepts and a decent budget, she looked ugly and fat in all of them (except Criminal), so that ruined them for me.
                          Wtf?
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                            Wtf?
                            Yes?

Originally posted by Westen View Post
                            Omg I've stumbled upon this video on youtube, I totally forgot that Crazy was covered here back in 2001, it was massive - and probably the main reason Crazy is one of Britney's signature songs here. She was our hottest singer ever

Thanks for posting this. I love knowing these stuff. I'm actually bopping.

Comment

Yes?

Thanks for posting this. I love knowing these stuff. I'm actually bopping.
                              You're welcome.
                              It's 9 years since she was killed so this video popped up on yt and the second I read Lezi I remembered how hard I bopped to this - before hearing Britney's song

Comment

• FF got old very quickly. I absolutely love Hold It Against Me, (Drop Dead) Beautiful, I Wanna Go, Big Fat Bass and Criminal. It’s not a bad album, it’s just not my ‘go to’ album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                  You're welcome.
                                  It's 9 years since she was killed so this video popped up on yt and the second I read Lezi I remembered how hard I bopped to this - before hearing Britney's song
                                  She had a habit of reworking US songs (unlike most of other Serbian girls who go for Greek/Turkish ones), right? I know Ksenija did That Don't Impress Me Much by Shania too.
                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• "Oops!...I Did It Again" was released 19 years ago today!

"Oops!... I Did It Again" is a song by American singer Britney Spears, from her second album of the same name. It was released on March 27, 2000, by Jive Records as the lead single from the album. The song was written and produced by Max Martin and Rami Yacoub. "Oops!... I Did It Again" is a song that lyrically speaks of a female who views love as a game, and she decides to use that to her advantage by playing with her lover's emotions. Its bridge features a dialogue which references the blockbuster film Titanic (1997).
                                    #1: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Europe, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK
                                    Top 5: Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland
                                    Top 10: USA

#1 in 15 countries
                                    Top 5 in 20 countries
                                    Top 10 everywhere it charted
                                    Third biggest hit of 2000
                                    190,000,000 Spotify streams
                                    220,000,000+ YouTube views
                                    Most streamed female song from 2000 (Spotify + YouTube)
                                    Nominated for "Best Female Pop Vocal Performance" at the 2001 Grammy Awards

Happy 19th anniversary to this classic!

Last edited by Instinct; Wed March 27, 2019, 22:26.

Comment

• I bought the single. She looks so young on the cover!

Comment

• I remember when the "Oops" single came out it felt like a huge event, there was so much hype about her after the BOMT era and she pretty much slayed big time when this came out, I know the music video looks super dated now but back in 2000 this was a seen as a brilliant presentation for her second studio album, EVERYONE was obsessed with her and everyone was like: "she definitely did it again".

"Oops" is easily the biggest and most remembered female classic from the 2000 year these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                          I remember when the "Oops" single came out it felt like a huge event, there was so much hype about her after the BOMT era and she pretty much slayed big time when this came out, I know the music video looks super dated now but back in 2000 this was a seen as a brilliant presentation for her second studio album, EVERYONE was obsessed with her and everyone was like: "she definitely did it again".

"Oops" is easily the biggest and most remembered female classic from the 2000 year these days.
                                          I think Music or Spinning Around could give it a run for its money, but it’s definitely at the top end.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                            I think Music or Spinning Around could give it a run for its money, but it’s definitely at the top end.
                                            "Oops I Did It Again" has over 400million streams on Spotify+Youtube (the most streamed female song from 2000), people still play it and celebrate it until this day like no other female song from that same year.

Comment

• That’s just because it’s in more playlists. It’s not entirely because people going out of their way to listen to it.

Comment

That’s just because it’s in more playlists. It’s not entirely because people going out of their way to listen to it.
                                                . . . Then there's gotta be a good reason for it to be in more playlists, maybe the song is considered cool and relevant enough to be included in more playlists in 2019?

"Oops I Did It Again" has turned into an iconic pop song.

Comment

That’s just because it’s in more playlists. It’s not entirely because people going out of their way to listen to it.
                                                  But in the end does it really matter how or why? It obviously stays on playlists because people don't skip it. Otherwise it would've been long removed. And the fact the song is doing that well despite Britney being in a generation that's currently struggling to find footing in streaming, just speaks that younger generations are much more fond of Ooops than the songs you've mentioned.
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• The playlist thing could maybe make sense if the gap between Oops and those two songs wasn't 160-180 million. And this is just on Spotify alone.

No shade at all. I LOVE Music and Spinning Around, but they didn't define the early 00s like Oops did.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X