Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Honestly, I have no idea what you're trying to pull when all 4 FF singles are among her TOP 25 most streamed songs. You make it seem like they're beaten by a bunch of album tracks from other albums.
    I know you are a FF lover and defender, I like that era too and was a very popular era here in Latin America BTW. But the fact that in terms of daily streams those songs are not even among her main ones tells you that their chart positions of 2011 didn't end up translating into the current streaming scene.

I understand what you mean about the classics and older songs doing better which tends to happen to many artists and their audiences to revisit their classics more than anything, I get that. But at the same time that narrative is not preventing other POST-Britney Peak singles that she released from 5th, 6th and even 8th studio albums such as "Gimme More", "Piece Of Me", "Womanizer", "Circus" and "Work Bitch" to be doing way better than FF singles these days and despite the fact some of these mentioned songs were smaller hits on radio than FF singles or had lower peaks. Even "If U Seek Amy" is doing better than some FF singles (daily wise) ... There is a reason for that, the FF songs didn't age that well.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat October 12, 2019, 00:35.
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I think Ff singles is that they will age better someday...
      back then signature hits like oops were low too and the streams grew up when she sang oops on Pom show(first time since onyx).
      Personally I don’t get the hate for hiam (yes it’s forgotten today but everyone was going crazy when it was released and praise the song for selling over 400,000 copies first week) since 2011 they did nothing with this song( no performance on Pom, not included on bitm, even the video picture on YouTube is the same since 2011)while since 2013 she sang wb wherever she could (no shade glad to know her last solo hit is signature) I’m just think hiam didn’t get the chance to age better from Britney, her team and even the fans and that is why it making 6000 daily views this song is very underrated.
      About ttwe it is very strange that the song performed much much better then wb yet its daily views low too

Comment

• WB owes a lot of its replayability to the catchphrase though, that's for sure.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Edit
          Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat October 12, 2019, 13:50.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
            I think Ff singles is that they will age better someday...
            back then signature hits like oops were low too and the streams grew up when she sang oops on Pom show(first time since onyx).
            Personally I don’t get the hate for hiam (yes it’s forgotten today but everyone was going crazy when it was released and praise the song for selling over 400,000 copies first week) since 2011 they did nothing with this song( no performance on Pom, not included on bitm, even the video picture on YouTube is the same since 2011)while since 2013 she sang wb wherever she could (no shade glad to know her last solo hit is signature) I’m just think hiam didn’t get the chance to age better from Britney, her team and even the fans and that is why it making 6000 daily views this song is very underrated.
            About ttwe it is very strange that the song performed much much better then wb yet its daily views low too
            I'm not a big fan of the song, but "Work Bitch" has charisma and fun lyrics, despite it's simplicity the song is quite unique and doesn't cover the typical generic dancefloor topic, it's great for working out, like someone else already mentioned it has a catch phrase that sticks and the song has that same edgy attitude that other of her singles like "Gimme More", "Piece Of Me" or "Womanizer" have which her fans and pop audience like. Also Britney managed to insert that song into her audience brains by performing it as her opening number and presentation card everywhere she went for 5 years straight, in other words she literally helped to turn the song into one of her signature hits by pushing it a lot and finally I think the music video also helped a lot, her fans love it.

As for "Hold It Against Me", I love it (much more than WB) and it's massively underrated but I can also understand why it's doing so bad these days. As much as I love the song's style and production, lyrically wise it's a very empty and dull song, I don't think that many people feel connected to it these days, it features (IMO) a great / stunning music video that turns out to be weird, twisted and dark with all these symbolism and creepy cuts, while I love it I think the music video wasn't GP friendly and definitely not something that people will want to watch again in the future and finally but most importantly, Britney and her team (for some strange reason) never touched the song ever again since 2011, no performance, no mention, no reference, no usage in media, nothing. They buried the song completely and that also plays a part, it's very hard to make a song that has been neglected for 8 years memorable.

She did perform and did a lot of stuff with "Till The World Ends" though, and even tried to turn it into her encore staple for this entire decade but still that song gets lower streams than "Work Bitch" and many several of her other hits. Which is weird considering it's technically one of her biggest US hits (chart-run wise, airplay wise and sales wise). This quite indicates that the FF singles are not connecting in the same way her other hits are doing these days. Basically nearly every studio album she did has at least one song that is getting bigger daily streams than any FF single.
            Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat October 12, 2019, 13:52.

Comment

• Exactly so Ironic that the most popular song (in streaming terms) was the “flop” in comparison to the 3 others.
              Still have hope she’ll comeback(when she will be ready) and revive this song.
              IMO they should do justice to this song that actually just can help for her legacy(with this song she earn 3 billboard topper in 3 decades) and its probably eligible to certifications in a lot of countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                "B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2" was released 8 years ago today.

I need Vol. 3 in my life after B10.
                I need to know if Britney is that person behind OIDIT: TBO BS album release

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post

Just ordered mine! It looks so gorgeous.
                  OMG OMG OMG!!!

It looks so gorgeous indeed.
                  Ordered mine as well!!
                  "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

• Maybe GMA snapped. I cried a little watching this.
                    Last edited by JeremySpears; Sat October 12, 2019, 16:51.
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Maybe GMA snapped. I cried a little watching this.
                      This was quite bad, they didn't mention the "In The Zone" era AT ALL, then they took a time to clarify and mention that "Work Bitch" peaked at #12 but didn't even mention that she got a #1 hit and 3 Top 10 hits with "Femme Fatale"? How weird ... Then they selected the 2016 VMAs performance as her return to TV instead of mentioning the superior 2016 BBMAs performance which was the real deal and where she received the Millenium Award ... And they ended the video with her manager quote that she would not perform again (something that was confirmed as a lie).

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                          This was quite bad, they didn't mention the "In The Zone" era AT ALL, then they took a time to clarify and mention that "Work Bitch" peaked at #12 but didn't even mention that she got a #1 hit and 3 Top 10 hits with "Femme Fatale"? How weird ... Then they selected the 2016 VMAs performance as her return to TV instead of mentioning the superior 2016 BBMAs performance which was the real deal and where she received the Millenium Award ... And they ended the video with her manager quote that she would not perform again (something that was confirmed as a lie).
                          Yeah agreed, that was such a trash "documentary".

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                            Yeah agreed, that was such a trash "documentary".
                            I wouldn't say trash as there were some nice moments here and there but they ignored many key information and clearly struggled big time to organize the events, so yeah it was a bit bad. I don't think they had bad intentions though.. They just had no idea how to tell her story.

Comment

• Drugs come in all forms .... Mine just happens to be you!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lety View Post
                                Oh wow I love this choreo and I love the fact that the last group are her and Britney's actual back up dancers.
                                The choreo for the last chorus would actually be great choreo for Britney. If she would ever bring back HIAM to one of her setlists.

Comment

• Loved watching that choreo. The last one, the chorus choreo is actually doable for Britney. But I doubt she's that motivated to learn such a complex choreography for a song she doesn't seem to like.

Comment

• 16 years ago today, Britney and Madonna released the most iconic collaboration of all time.

Last edited by JeremySpears; Mon October 14, 2019, 16:15.
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• This is such a polarizing single. Some people hate it and some love it. I personally like it and I think the music video is classic Britney and part of her golden period.

What I like about it is that it wasn’t a generic single, it’s edgier than what most people give credit to, it’s a funky dance song packed with lots of guitars which served as a nice, discreet introduction to a great album and era.

Comment

• I looove that song. I don’t know why people hate it. Literally one of the most danceable songs ever.

Also shoutout to the iconic choreo

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                          Loved watching that choreo. The last one, the chorus choreo is actually doable for Britney. But I doubt she's that motivated to learn such a complex choreography for a song she doesn't seem to like.
                                          Yeah I agree!

Comment

• I LOVE the song and video. I also love the remix version. The bollywood type song
                                            Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                                            'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

I looove that song. I don’t know why people hate it.
                                              It's just psychological and matter of perception. Had it been a Britney solo song then I think people would be more warm or open towards it.

The issue is that when you say Britney & Madonna expectations inmediately skyrocket to the moon, the mind would trick many people to think that it has to be the most epic and perfect pop song ever, the standards of having Britney at her peak and Madonna as a bonafide legend in one song blow up to out of proportions so when you find a fun yet normal and average song instead it ends up making it seem like the song is much worse than it actually really is, the perception of it gets damaged hence many people get literally blocked and can't appreciate it for what it is.

Hype and crazy high expectations is what ruined this undeservedly hated song. Without the pressure of meeting up the standards of what audiences idealize about how a Britney & Madonna collab should sound like the song would've had a better and non-biased reception.

Comment

• I wonder why "Me Against the Music" never got a VMA nomination, it's actually a better video than "Toxic".

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Her body looks amazing! I'm so happy I could cry. She's lost so much weight.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X