X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yaaasssss Britney Jean!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
      I wonder why "Me Against the Music" never got a VMA nomination, it's actually a better video than "Toxic".
      Said no one ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
        Said no one ever.
        LOL! Anyone can do a "Toxic" kind of video treatment, but the choreography given to Britney in "Me Against the Music" is still unmatched.

Comment

• One year ago today, Britney announced "Domination".

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Toxic was ahead of its time and looks timeless like it was released yesterday plus (from what I remember) the buzz that “Britney diamond bodysuit scene in her video” and the song is just amazingly beautiful. Matm has good dance iconic video (something good you can say about every 1998-2005 Britney’s video, Plus its include another legend...but I think toxic overshadowed it since then

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
              LOL! Anyone can do a "Toxic" kind of video treatment, but the choreography given to Britney in "Me Against the Music" is still unmatched.
              Britney does a dance break during the middle of Toxic including a back flip. Not everyone can do that.

i actually like the song MATM better then Toxic but dont act like Toxic could be made by anyone.

Comment

• One year since Britney‘s last performance.

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                  One year since Britney‘s last performance.

The day music died.
                  Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                  'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• 21 years of this legendary bop!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

21 years of this legendary bop!
                      Still one of the best pop hits ever made.

Comment

• So Britney‘s team just uploaded audio videos for "Til It’s Gone", "Chillin' With You" and "Passenger" to her YouTube channel. Random.

Update: They have now uploaded "Alien", "Don’t Cry", "Body Ache" and "Tik Tik Boom" as well.
                        Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri October 25, 2019, 08:40.

Comment

• 'Britney Spears is a genius': Max Martin, the powerhouse of pure pop

PoP died of cancer in August 1998, two months before the release of what may be Martin’s most famous creation. ... Baby One More Time, which he wrote singlehandedly, got to No 1 in just about every country it was released. But it almost came to nothing. The demo, Martin remembers, sat lying around for “maybe six months, a year” and attempts were made to pitch it to “really established artists”. Eventually the Backstreet Boys’ label, Jive, offered it to their new signing, Spears. “When I heard her singing, I just knew instantly,” he says. “The way she recorded that song, she added another dimension.”

mong the artists who turned it down were TLC, assuming that the line “Hit me baby one more time” advocated domestic violence. Martin and his fellow Swedes at Cheiron had meant it simply as slang for “call me”. Other Martin lyrics of the era also presented problems for West Read when he was weaving them into & Juliet. “It’s really kind of confusing,” he says of the Backstreet Boys’ I Want it That Way, a song that seems to undermine itself at every turn.

Martin’s early hit rate largely depended on Spears. A handful of their collaborations forms the backbone of & Juliet, tracing a narrative arc that runs from ... Baby One More Time’s “my loneliness is killing me” to Stronger’s assertive declaration of the opposite (“My loneliness ain’t killing me no more”). Did you allow yourself a little high five in the studio when you linked those two songs? “Er … maybe,” he laughs, self-effacing as ever.

He is keen, too, to give the artists he has worked with credit, even when, as he puts it delicately, “someone isn’t a songwriter per se”. Britney Spears, for instance. “She’s a genius,” he says, popping a fresh snus. “So much had happened to her in that [early period] and she had to grow up quickly. We had conversations with her about what she wanted to do and what she wanted to say.”

A lot of Martin’s biggest hits have been with female artists: not just Spears, Swift and Perry but also British stars such as Adele, Ellie Goulding and Jessie J. He has seen at close proximity what can happen when unimaginable fame takes hold, not least Spears’s distressing, and hugely publicised, breakdown in 2007. “I think we all should be grateful [to the artists],” he says, growing animated for the first time. “It’s easy for us to say that they become these rich, spoilt divas – and I’m not talking about Britney specifically, just in general – but we forget that these artists go out into the world and work and tour and become super-famous for our enjoyment. And then we watch their lives fall apart in front of our eyes for doing something amazing.
                          https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...se-of-pure-pop

Did he lie???

Comment

• Toxic is timeless
                            Last edited by Bazmedia; Sat October 26, 2019, 01:28.

Comment

• Last edited by JeremySpears; Sun October 27, 2019, 13:57.

Comment

• Madonna stanning Britney. That’s it’s. That’s the post.

Comment

• "I Feel So Free With You" leaked.

Comment

• She’s glowing and looks so happy

Comment

• I quite like I feel so free with you. I think it could have been a moderate hit

Comment

• I think it would chart for 1 week only.
                                        Last FM <3
                                        Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivica View Post
                                          I think it would chart for 1 week only.
                                          Better than 0 weeks tbf

Comment

• The fact that after all the mm video and this song leaked its Give me hope that someday I will hear rebellion...
                                            Amen

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The legendary, groundbreaking Bible of Pop "Blackout" turns 12 today.

I won’t say much. I‘ll just quote these:

"With complete creative control ‘Blackout’ showed us that Britney is more than just a pop singer, she has an ear for trends and it always one step ahead of her peers and instead of following trends she sets them.” - ColourOffensive (2013)

“When she dropped Blackout in 2007, the music industry scoffed, but then proceeded to spend the next few years imitating it to death, to the point where everything on pop radio sounded like Blackout.” - Rolling Stone (2016)

The other thing that makes Blackout so incredible is the music, which was remarkably ahead of its time.” - Cosmopolitan (2016)

“A Blackout turns 10, it stands as a masterpiece of her extraordinarily resilient career, a perfect piece of pop art of its time as well as a trend-setting record that brought EDM elements into the mainstream, where they still permeate today.” - Billboard (2017)

“Happy tenth birthday to Blackout, which is not only the greatest of all Britney Spears albums, but one of the most innovative and influential pop albums of the past decade.” - Rolling Stone (2017)
                                                Last edited by JeremySpears; Wed October 30, 2019, 04:25.

Comment

• Can‘t believe it‘s been already 12 years. Happy anniversary

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                                    Better than 0 weeks tbf
                                                    Ah, lads come on its awful!. She has about 3 lines and the ooohoooh bit at the end is cringe worthy. Whoever made the decision to pull the plug on releasing this made the right decision.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X