No announcement yet.

Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Blackout” is amazing and deserved a Grammy (nomination) at least. Oh well.

Comment

• A now streaming and download party is planed for “My Only Wish” on November 7th.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Stronger99; Fri October 30, 2020, 23:09.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• ‪It’s the fact that he still hasn’t deleted all the disgusting posts he made about her back in the day for me‬.
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• I love her so much!!!

Also she looks great.
            Last edited by JeremySpears; Mon November 2, 2020, 22:39.
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Britney has changed her profile pic on all social media platforms to a random pic from the ITZ era lol.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                  The track listing literally the one song on it They could have at least added an ‘extra festive’ remix
                  Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                    You usually have a problem with her "team" doing cash grabs, you don't have a problem with this one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

You usually have a problem with her "team" doing cash grabs, you don't have a problem with this one?
                      This is not a release by her “team” though .. This is a release by her Label RCA records.

1) Her label is not to blame for what her father or team are doing behind the scenes.

2) Neither her father or management are songwriters or people who wrote / produced this song. They will earn 0 royalties from this.
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

I didn’t say a word about whether I have a problem with this or not... And as MrLeonix said this has nothing to do with her team.

Comment

• Why is this being released now ? Seems a bit random to suddenly release a 20 year old song on Vinyl?
                          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Clearly you have no idea how the music industry works if you think her team will benefit from this. Most of the money goes straight to the record label, songwriters, producers, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                              Why is this being released now ? Seems a bit random to suddenly release a 20 year old song on Vinyl?
                              Well you said it yourself, the song is turning 20 this month, so that might be a factor. But besides that, it's about time her team pushes it a bit. 127 million streams on Spotify despite being an obscure album track from 2000 that has never been acknowledged or performed anywhere. In fact it doesn't even show up on her page. I'm glad they're realizing this has potential at becoming a legitmate Christmas classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                Clearly you have no idea how the music industry works if you think her team will benefit from this. Most of the money goes straight to the record label, songwriters, producers, etc.
                                To be honest, to think Britney even has a "team" these days is comical as she's been inactive for 4 years with no end in sight. The people aka her team will be record label employees advised to find way to make money off her name. All these products are cash grabs whether it be a Record or a Fragrance, Britney has nothing to do any of it, I don't see the difference, it's money going into Camp Brit and Jaime controls Camp Brit.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                  Why is this being released now ? Seems a bit random to suddenly release a 20 year old song on Vinyl?
                                  As Instinct pointed out it’s the song's 20th anniversary and they should’ve given it some attention ages ago. She never even mentioned this song.

Comment

To be honest, to think Britney even has a "team" these days is comical as she's been inactive for 4 years with no end in sight. The people aka her team will be record label employees advised to find way to make money off her name. All these products are cash grabs whether it be a Record or a Fragrance, Britney has nothing to do any of it, I don't see the difference, it's money going into Camp Brit and Jaime controls Camp Brit.
                                    Wrong again! Britney toured Europe just 2 years ago (2018) to great success BTW under her management company Tristar managed by Lou Taylor who negotiated her deals with Live Nation, around this time his manager Larry Rudolph was also handling logistics. This same team also created and negotiated the new Vegas show “Domination” (which was a fiasco and entirely canceled due to what happened). She had an active team up until last year (2019) and they are behind all of her public appearances, tours, Vegas shows, merchandise and anything that grosses money outside of her recordings. As of 2019 Britney decided to stop working. And her team is currently trying to pull “Britney Museums” and selling Dolls.

Her recordings and catalogue are handled by RCA records and her team has nothing to do with that.
                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Wrong again! Britney toured Europe just 2 years ago (2018) to great success BTW under her management company Tristar managed by Lou Taylor who negotiated her deals with Live Nation, around this time his manager Larry Rudolph was also handling logistics. This same team also created and negotiated the new Vegas show “Domination” (which was a fiasco and entirely canceled due to what happened). She had an active team up until last year (2019) and they are behind all of her public appearances, tours, Vegas shows, merchandise and anything that grosses money outside of her recordings. As of 2019 Britney decided to stop working. And her team is currently trying to pull “Britney Museums” and selling Dolls.

Her recordings and catalogue are handled by RCA records and her team has nothing to do with that.
                                      Yeah, I get what you are saying and I am aware of all that. I simply said what he usually has an issue with cash grabs, whether it be directly from her "team" or not, not sure why you are making this a thing.

Releasing a 20 year old song on vinyl is clearly a cash grab.

Comment

Yeah, I get what you are saying and I am aware of all that. I simply said what he usually has an issue with cash grabs, whether it be directly from her "team" or not, not sure why you are making this a thing.

Releasing a 20 year old song on vinyl is clearly a cash grab.
                                        Yes it is a total cash grab. But many labels release special editions or re-releases during important anniversaries.

.. Anyways .. Britney would have 2 Christmas songs by now. She declined a duet with Robbie Williams for his last christmas album (2019).

It’s been impossible to make Britney record or work (as her current protest to the corrupted system). According to the legal documents filed by Ingham Britney will gladly record and work again if she sees changes with her C-ship deal and her father gets removed of that position.

Comment

• Yeah I know, I am actually looking forward to new Britney, I am sure there are writers out there with songs ready for her if and when she is ready to record.

Comment

It’s been impossible to make Britney record or work (as her current protest to the corrupted system). According to the legal documents filed by Ingham Britney will gladly record and work again if she sees changes with her C-ship deal and her father gets removed of that position.
                                            Exactly. If she gets her way and Jamie is removed as the sole conservator of her state, I'm sure she'll go back to the studio soon enough.

By the way, I don't think Britney is against people buying and streaming her music. A few months ago she recorded a video thanking fans for taking Glory to #1 on iTunes. She realizes her music isn't really profitable to her team. I'm saying this because there are fans attempting to "boycott" her, which is dumb af.

Comment

2) Neither her father or management are songwriters or people who wrote / produced this song. They will earn 0 royalties from this.
                                              Somewhat unrelated to the topic, but on the topic of royalties, recording artists like Britney do get royalties for songs/hits they didn't write or produce (sound recording royalties):

"Take, for example, the song I Will Always Love You" from the 1992 soundtrack for “The Bodyguard.” That version of the song was performed by Whitney Houston, the recording of which is owned Sony Music Entertainment division Arista Records. However the song was written by Dolly Parton, who owns the composition, including the lyrics and melody.

Spotify would have to pay Sony to license the recording, who would then give Houston’s estate a percentage of the stream. It would also have to pay the music publisher and songwriter. In this case, Parton is both."
                                              https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/28/how-...d%20publisher.

"But for the music business, every individual song is split into two separate copyrights: composition (lyrics, melody) and sound recording (literally, the audio recording of the song)...

Those parties may have nothing to do with the people who write the lyrics and melody of the song and thus own the composition copyright. Sometimes they’re one and the same, in which case that lucky party gets double the cash flow. If they’re separate — as is the case with most pop songs and chart-topping hits — the sound recording copyright is split between artists and record labels, while the composition copyright is split between whatever songwriters and publishers are involved. In the case of Counting Crows’ “Big Yellow Taxi,” for example, the band takes sound recording royalties but Joni Mitchell, the song’s original writer, gets composition royalties.
                                              https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/how-musicians-make-money-or-dont-at-all-in-2018-706745/​​​​​​​

"So how do the royalties make their way down from Spotify to the artist? When royalties are generated from a stream, Spotify pays the money to the entity it signed the contract with for the right to stream the Sound Recording. That entity may take a percentage of the Spotify money, as outlined in its distribution contract with the record label, called a “distribution fee.” Some DIY distributors like DistroKid take none of the Spotify Sound Recording royalties and pass all of them on to the artists. Others, like CD Baby take a percentage of the Spotify money before they pay the artist. If the artist is signed to a record label, and that record label uses a distributor to get the Sound Recordings into Spotify, then Spotify pays the distributor. The distributor takes a cut of the Spotify money and then pays the record label. The record label then pays the artist under the legal terms that exist between the record label and the recording artist."
                                              https://vi.be/files/research/the-def...ff-price-3.pdf

Artists obviously also get paid for views on their vevo channel as well.

Of course, royalties are are typically split between managers etc... But if you have big, enduring hit songs, the numbers definitely accumulate.

Comment

• ^ Yes I know ... of course Britney earns royalties as a recording artist and even more so with songs like “My Only Wish” which she co-wrote in fact (and more royalties than usual this year considering the song appears in Meghan Trainor’s new Christmas album’s tracklist as a cover)

Does this mean Larry Rudolph and Lou Taylor will get money from this or that they can control how RCA handles their releases and catalogue? Very unlikely. Money mostly go to the label and then to songwriters, producers, recording artists, etc .... neither Larry or Lou will benefit from songs.

BTW .. Lou Taylor has resigned as her business manager position today so we don’t have to worry about the money, stealing and cash grabs anymore with that woman (the mastermind of everything) 100% OUT of the picture now

Comment

• So they really are re-releasing "My Only Wish (This Year)"! It’s already out in Australia.

Comment

• 19 years ago today, Britney released her iconic third studio album "Britney".

Let's talk about the fact that "I'm a Slave 4 U" is the best song of all time and that "I Run Away" is an underrated masterpiece and one of her best ballads that deserved to be much more than a bonus track. I also want to talk about how we don’t talk enough about "Cinderella", "Lonely" and "What It's Like to Be Me" so let’s have that conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X