Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's nice that people are "defending" Britney but obsessed fans can be so annoying in attacking other artists. Britney even dances to Justin's songs (in Instagram) once in a while and she's been quoted to like his solo stuff in radio interviews. They even had a mild interaction on Instagram as well. In all fairness to Britney, she never became a Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera who planted vengeful shade on everyone and utilized their fans in shading other artists that did them dirty. Britney was always professional.

    Comment


    • Bebo Norman was ahead of his time. Beautiful song.

      Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

      Comment


      • "Do Somethin'" was released as a single 16 years ago today.



        Banger. All three new songs on GHMP were 10/10 material. I love the story behind the single release that she fought with Jive for the song to be released as a single and then went on to direct, style and choreograph the video herself. Queen.

        Is it my favorite video? No but she looks great in it and she looks like she had a lot of fun making it. Also that "Mona Lisa" tag in the beginning is lowkey iconic. RIP Original Doll we will never forget you.
        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

        Comment


        • Do Something has always been a favourite. The video is so trashy and cheap but that’s what makes it great.
          I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
          And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

          Kate Bush - Lily

          Comment


          • If Britney can get over this Conservatorship mess and re-focuses back on the music.....she could well have one of the biggest comebacks since Mariah's TEOM.

            There's so much goodwill for her and that can translate well into interest and streams. She's been gone for years now but people are still talking about her.

            Everyone wants to see the return of a mega pop-star, the original teen pop star.....she is still young enough to do some major damage.

            This is shaping up to be another wave for her....i.e. the way Womanizer and Circus re-launched her back onto the top.

            Comment


            • Hi guys,
              Question: how can someone who lives in Canada watch the documentary?
              It's not on crave, and Hulu is blocked
              IG Account:
              https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Colombia71345 View Post
                Hi guys,
                Question: how can someone who lives in Canada watch the documentary?
                It's not on crave, and Hulu is blocked
                Try this:
                https://britney-online.net/download-...nch-subtitles/

                It also appears on YouTube every now and then but they always take it down very quickly.
                Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

                Comment


                • Britney is not working on a documentary according to People.
                  Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                    If Britney can get over this Conservatorship mess and re-focuses back on the music.....she could well have one of the biggest comebacks since Mariah's TEOM.

                    There's so much goodwill for her and that can translate well into interest and streams. She's been gone for years now but people are still talking about her.

                    Everyone wants to see the return of a mega pop-star, the original teen pop star.....she is still young enough to do some major damage.

                    This is shaping up to be another wave for her....i.e. the way Womanizer and Circus re-launched her back onto the top.

                    I agree that a huge comeback is possible, however I think she would have to be on board to promote it and show the world she's "back", but with Britney it could end up with no promo and be rather anticlimactic.

                    Dissolving the conservatorship is 100 percent the first thing that needs to happen. Then I could see:

                    - make a wicked album with moderate commercial success and possibly a comeback hit
                    - perhaps release a For the Record 2 that focuses on her winning back her freedom and clears up some of the mysteries surrounding the conservatorship
                    -world tour
                    -perhaps Vegas again (using the choreo from the world tour lol)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ksg22 View Post


                      I agree that a huge comeback is possible, however I think she would have to be on board to promote it and show the world she's "back", but with Britney it could end up with no promo and be rather anticlimactic.

                      Dissolving the conservatorship is 100 percent the first thing that needs to happen. Then I could see:

                      - make a wicked album with moderate commercial success and possibly a comeback hit
                      - perhaps release a For the Record 2 that focuses on her winning back her freedom and clears up some of the mysteries surrounding the conservatorship
                      -world tour
                      -perhaps Vegas again (using the choreo from the world tour lol)
                      She needs to have a huge interview with a respected host.....that will whip everything into fever pitch ready for a new single drop soon after.

                      Comment


                      • I think the window of opportunity for Britney to have a huge comeback has passed, although I would love to be wrong.
                        The chance was there with Glory but it didn't really happen and she is well into the "nostalgic act" phase of her career at this stage.
                        The industry has changed so much since she dominated and she just does not have the streaming power needed for a huge comeback single.

                        Comment


                        • Britney will be at least 40 when her next album comes out and I can’t see her ever putting enough effort in to make it a hit. Her last two albums either flopped or underperformed, it’s been 10
                          years since her last hit album, Britney was transformed into a legacy act now and it would be hard for her to reverse that, even with the G.P feeling sorry for her right now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                            Do Something has always been a favourite. The video is so trashy and cheap but that’s what makes it great.
                            I agree. Song and video are great!
                            It was a big hit here in The Netherlands as well.
                            "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                              Do Something has always been a favourite. The video is so trashy and cheap but that’s what makes it great.
                              I love the video for what it is


                              The song reminds me of being young!
                              Rolling back the rivers in time...

                              Comment


                              • Comment


                                • Her Emancipation of Mimi kind of comeback already happened with Circus. It may not have had that many big hits or was 5x platinum but touring-wise it put her back on the map and she was able to redeem herself from "has been fallen from grace pop star" status. To be fair, the 2008 comeback spilled over until 2012 when she became a strong force digitally worldwide as well. There was indeed a Britney high from that period that got her more #1s and top ten singles more than her peak years. It also generated the residency which was way more successful than Mariah's residency.
                                  Last edited by GetBack; Mon February 15, 2021, 04:02.

                                  Comment


                                  • Erin Lee Carr, the woman who’s allegedly producing that Netflix documentary, has followed Britney, Sam, Jamie Lynn, Felicia and Lisa MacCarley on Instagram. Amanda Bynes too who’s also in an abusive conservatorship. I guess it’s true then?
                                    Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                      Erin Lee Carr, the woman who’s allegedly producing that Netflix documentary, has followed Britney, Sam, Jamie Lynn, Felicia and Lisa MacCarley on Instagram. Amanda Bynes too who’s also in an abusive conservatorship. I guess it’s true then?
                                      Have you seen Amanda Byrnes recently? The girl who recently got a love heart tattoo on her cheek? What makes you think she’s in an abusive conservatorship???

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by barney1814 View Post

                                        Have you seen Amanda Byrnes recently? The girl who recently got a love heart tattoo on her cheek? What makes you think she’s in an abusive conservatorship???
                                        Are we still judging people based on superficial shit like that? Even after everything that went down and is still going down with Britney? Sad.




                                        Amanda's mother seems to be just like Jamie: a money hungry asshole whose daughter is only a cash cow for her. Amanda was actually secretly seeking legal emancipation from her parents with the help of a lawyer, her manager and her agent when she was 17. When her parents found out about that they fired all those people so she couldn’t do that. She has always had problems with her parents and apparently they have been taking money from her since she started her career.

                                        I'm not saying that Amanda doesn’t have issues (even though mental health issues don’t necessarily justify a conservatorship), we all don’t know whether she’s sick or not but just like Britney she should at least be allowed to have someone else who she can trust take over that conservatorship.
                                        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                          I think the window of opportunity for Britney to have a huge comeback has passed, although I would love to be wrong.
                                          The chance was there with Glory but it didn't really happen and she is well into the "nostalgic act" phase of her career at this stage.
                                          The industry has changed so much since she dominated and she just does not have the streaming power needed for a huge comeback single.
                                          I think streaming is untested for Britney, her last album was 2016 just before streaming took over. Also her release of Glory 2016 seemed like an afterthought.....it seemed like a conitnuation of Britney Jean.

                                          There's alot of goodwill for her this time around which helps.....she hasn't released music in so long so the first single is bound to go high.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                                            I think streaming is untested for Britney, her last album was 2016 just before streaming took over. Also her release of Glory 2016 seemed like an afterthought.....it seemed like a conitnuation of Britney Jean.

                                            There's alot of goodwill for her this time around which helps.....she hasn't released music in so long so the first single is bound to go high.
                                            Completely disagree about Glory being an afterthought or a continuation of Britney Jean lol
                                            ​​​it absolutely was not.

                                            Comment


                                            • “Framing Britney Spears” had 265,000 viewers on FX channel. Not sure how good these numbers are.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                                Completely disagree about Glory being an afterthought or a continuation of Britney Jean lol
                                                ​​​it absolutely was not.

                                                It was to me, both had a very similar sound and there were a lack of truly Britney-peak level pop domination. Most of the songs were just OK.

                                                I didn't like Work Bitch when it was released, sounded very formulaic.

                                                The only songs I still listen to from those albums are Make Me and even then it's no where near the leads on Femme Fatale.

                                                I loved her during the Toxi era though my interest reduced drastically after Femme Fatale. Even Femme Fatale was kinda meh, i mean the lead single Hold It Against Me / Till the World Ends has this very harsh electro prodution that just sounds very tiring listening to.









                                                Last edited by skylynx; Mon February 15, 2021, 22:53.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by skylynx View Post


                                                  I didn't like Work Bitch when it was released, sounded very formulaic.
                                                  I remember a lot of fans being disappointed. I suppose it is/was her weakest lead single, but only because her catalogue is that strong.

                                                  The funny thing is though Work Bitch is absolutely up there for a lot of fans now. She really worked that song to the bone and this far away from 2013 I love it more than ever.
                                                  I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                                                  And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                                                  Kate Bush - Lily

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by skylynx View Post


                                                    It was to me, both had a very similar sound and there were a lack of truly Britney-peak level pop domination. Most of the songs were just OK.

                                                    I didn't like Work Bitch when it was released, sounded very formulaic.

                                                    The only songs I still listen to from those albums are Make Me and even then it's no where near the leads on Femme Fatale.

                                                    I loved her during the Toxi era though my interest reduced drastically after Femme Fatale. Even Femme Fatale was kinda meh, i mean the lead single Hold It Against Me / Till the World Ends has this very harsh electro prodution that just sounds very tiring listening to.
                                                    I dont like WB at all, think its a terrible boring song tbh but I do like a lot of Glory. Make Me wasn't a good lead single, the chorus of that is so weak. I agree she needed something far stronger to come back with but overall in terms of quality there is no comparison between BJ ( where she hardly sung on some of the songs) and Glory, as an album.

                                                    HIAM and TTWE were very of their time. I mean I wouldnt really listen to the FF album now.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X