No announcement yet.

Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britney's engagement ring isn’t named after her anymore and I think we all know whose fault that is.

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• THE 100 MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE OF 2021

BRITNEY SPEARS

By Paris Hilton

When most people think of Britney Spears, they think of Britney the superstar. She’s iconic. A legend. One of the most influential artists in pop-music history.

When I think of Britney Spears, I see the sweetest soul. A mother. A friend. A fighter. A young woman who grew up in the tabloid culture of the 2000s, when the paparazzi machine was accepted, unforgiving and cruel.

Yes, we’ve watched Britney break records and deliver to the world hit after hit. But behind the scenes, she survived more than a decade of trauma and abuse from her conservatorship. In 2021, the battle cries of #FreeBritney roared louder than ever from her global network of devoted fans and a concerned public. Our hearts broke when Britney spoke about her pain.

Despite the darkness that has surrounded her life, Britney embodies joy and shares the light of her beautiful heart, forever the superstar. So we stand by her and root for her as she turns pain into purpose, her unwavering spirit stronger than ever.

Hilton is an entrepreneur and philanthropist
      https://time.com/collection/100-most...ritney-spears/

LEGEND! Only THEE Britney Spears could make that list when she’s not even working atm oh wow.
      Last edited by JeremySpears; Wed September 15, 2021, 14:54.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Wow I’m glad she made it! … only two female musicians made the list at all (Billie Eilish and Britney Spears).
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncι . Rihanna

Comment

• If I’m not wrong this is the first time she makes the list, right? Great news!

Only the most influential pop girl of her generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
            If I’m not wrong this is the first time she makes the list, right? Great news!

Only the most influential pop girl of her generation.
            23 years into her career - during a hiatus. No one is touching her I think.

Comment

• Oh???

Comment

• Britney has two entries on Rolling Stone's newly published 500 Greatest Songs of All Time ranking:

#114 "Toxic"
                #205 "...Baby One More Time"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-time-1224767/

Comment

• ^ Love and praise for the Queen left and right. What a legend. She truly is the moment aaah. :,)

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                    Britney has two entries on Rolling Stone's newly published 500 Greatest Songs of All Time ranking:

#114 "Toxic"
                    #205 "...Baby One More Time"
                    Wait a lot of stuff going on:

- She makes TIME’s 100 most influential people of the year list for the first time in her career

- Netflix teases the documentary

- … And now Rolling Stone updates their 500 greatest songs of all time and adds “Toxic” and “Baby One More Time”.

—-

Impact!!
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncι . Rihanna

Comment

• Mother-daughter love. :,)

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Wait a lot of stuff going on:

- She makes TIME’s 100 most influential people of the year list for the first time in her career

- Netflix teases the documentary

- … And now Rolling Stone updates their 500 greatest songs of all time and adds “Toxic” and “Baby One More Time”.

—-

Impact!!
                        Indeed. I love how they put her in a separate "icon" category alongside Dolly Parton. Well deserved.

Comment

• Selena to interviewer .." Wait, can i mention my love for Miss Britney Spears ? " You always do, Ms Gomez "

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazmedia View Post
                            Selena to interviewer .." Wait, can i mention my love for Miss Britney Spears ? " You always do, Ms Gomez "
                            :,)

The Guardian has ranked Britney's 30 greatest songs:

#1 Stronger
                            #2 Piece of Me
                            #3 …Baby One More Time
                            #4 Toxic
                            #5 Overprotected
                            #6 I'm a Slave 4 U
                            #7 Gimme More
                            #8 Everytime
                            #9 Touch of My Hand
                            #10 Oops!…I Did It Again
                            #11 Born to Make You Happy
                            #12 (You Drive Me) Crazy [The Stop! Remix]
                            #13 Man on the Moon
                            #14 How I Roll
                            #15 Womanizer
                            #16 Work Bitch
                            #17 Unusual You
                            #18 Break the Ice
                            #19 Breathe On Me
                            #20 And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix)
                            #21 Slumber Party
                            #22 Lucky
                            #23 3
                            #24 Get Naked (I Got a Plan)
                            #25 Make Me…
                            #26 Quicksand
                            #27 Me Against the Music
                            #28 Till the World Ends
                            #29 Radar
                            #30 Hold It Against Me

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...t-songs-ranked

Thoughts?

Comment

• ^ I like the “Stronger” recognition. It’s a great pop song.

Comment

• ^ Yesss Top 5 in her discography imo. I also like that "And Then We Kiss" is getting the love it deserves. I was surprised that "Quicksand" made the list. "Circus", "If U Seek Amy" and "My Prerogative" are definitely missing for me.
                                Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu September 16, 2021, 19:22.

Comment

• Awesome #1! It's so great to see the recognition for Unusual You, one of her finest ever songs as the 4th highest ranked album track.

On the other hand Work Bitch is way too high and should not have made the list at all. Swap it for Mood Ring or Swimming In The Stars!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

:,)

The Guardian has ranked Britney's 30 greatest songs:

#3 …Baby One More Time
                                    #4 Toxic
                                    #7 Gimme More
                                    #19 Breathe On Me
                                    #20 And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix)
                                    #24 Get Naked (I Got a Plan)

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...t-songs-ranked

Thoughts?
                                    Hate that baby is over toxic, toxic is her best song ever..
                                    Hate that slave is over gimme more, it’s her second best ever…
                                    love love love the fact they put and then we kiss on the list ,her third best song ever
                                    Sadly no sometimes on the list.. still iconic…
                                    love the recognition of get naked and breathe on me (my fave non singles of her) I’m still waiting for BOM to be one of her classics…
                                    she needs a non single that should be known to the world as a classic and it has to be BOM from the wonderful ITZ.
                                    Last edited by And then we kiss; Fri September 17, 2021, 12:35.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The Queen was spotted yesterday, I repeat, the Queen was spotted yesterday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rcedes-LA.html

Comment

• According to Rolling Stone’s new updated listo of 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time … Britney now has 2 songs among the Top 50 greatest female songs of all time:
                                          1. Aretha Franklin - Respect (#1)
                                          2. Missy Elliott - Get Ur Freak On (#8)
                                          3. Beyoncι - Crazy In Love (#16)
                                          4. Robyn - Dancing On My Own (#20)
                                          5. Bilie Holiday - Strange Fruit (#21)
                                          6. The Ronettes - Be My Baby (#22)
                                          7. Joni Mitchell - A Case Of You (#26)
                                          8. Lorde - Royals (#30)
                                          9. M.I.A - Paper Planes (#46)
                                          10. Lauryn Hill - Doo Woop (That Thing) (#49)
                                          11. Dionne Warwick - Walk On By (#51)
                                          12. Donna Summer - I Feel Love (#52)
                                          13. Madonna - Like A Prayer (#55)
                                          14. Missy Elliott - Work It (#56)
                                          15. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (#60)
                                          16. Dolly Parton - Jolene (#63)
                                          17. Taylor Swift - All Too Well (#69)
                                          18. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car (#71)
                                          19. Beyoncι - Formation (#73)
                                          20. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black (#79)
                                          21. Adele - Rolling In The Deep (#82)
                                          22. Aretha Franklin - You Make Me Feel (Like A Natural Woman) (#90)
                                          23. Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone (#93)
                                          24. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (#94)
                                          25. Patti Smith - Gloria (#97)
                                          26. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps (#101)
                                          27. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (#103)
                                          28. Britney Spears - Toxic (#114)
                                          29. Etta James - At Last (#115)
                                          30. Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer (#117)
                                          31. TLC - Waterfalls (#127)
                                          32. Martha And The Vandellas - Dancing In The Streets (#130)
                                          33. Tina Turner - What’s Love Got To Do With It (#134)
                                          34. Ariana Grande - Thank U Next (#137)
                                          35. Blondie - Heart Of Glass (#138)
                                          36. Madonna - Vogue (#139)
                                          37. The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow (#151)
                                          38. Madonna - Into The Groove (#161)
                                          39. Dusty Springfield - Son Of A Preacher Man (#168)
                                          40. Nina Simone - Mississippi Goddam (#172)
                                          41. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#178)
                                          42. Sinnead O’Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U (#184)
                                          43. PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me (#194)
                                          44. Patsy Cline - Crazy (#195)
                                          45. Anna Peebles - I Can’t Stand The Rain (#197)
                                          46. Britney Spears - Baby One More Time (#205)
                                          47. Hole - Doll Parts (#208)
                                          48. Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen (#217)
                                          49. Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now (#225)
                                          50. Beyoncι - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) (#228)

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• When she gets a Lifetime Achievement Academy Award for this for its 20th anniversary >>>>
                                              Last edited by JeremySpears; Sat September 18, 2021, 23:59.

Comment

• CNN Special Report – Toxic: Britney Spears’ Battle For Freedom

Britney Spears’ legal battle over a contentious conservatorship has garnered attention around the world, from the diehard fans leading the #FreeBritney movement to lawmakers on Capitol Hill. In TOXIC: BRITNEY SPEARS’ BATTLE FOR FREEDOM, a compelling one-hour special airing Sunday, September 26 at 8pm ET, CNN’s Alisyn Camerota andChloe Melas explore the explosive revelations that emerged out of the pop icon’s tireless fight to end her 13-year conservatorship. The report also examines critical conversations around tabloid culture, mental health, and the treatment of women in media sparked by Spears’ battle.

Airing days before the court hearing that will decide the fate of Spears’ conservatorship, TOXIC: BRITNEY SPEARS’ BATTLE FOR FREEDOM, features an array of voices, from lawmakers proposing protections for those under conservatorships and actors familiar with the scrutiny of Hollywood, to expert attorneys and the staff closest to Spears over the years. The special includes interviews with actors Mischa Barton and Rosie O’Donnell; House Representatives Charlie Crist (D-FL) and Nancy Mace (R-SC); the founders of the #FreeBritney movement; conservator expert attorney Lisa MacCarley; award-winning journalists Ronan Farrow and Jia Tolentino; and several team members who were close to Spears from the beginning of her career through the start of her conservatorship.

TOXIC: BRITNEY SPEARS’ BATTLE FOR FREEDOM will stream live for subscribers via CNNgo (CNN.com/go and via CNNgo apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV and Android TV) and on the CNN mobile apps for iOS and Android. TOXIC: BRITNEY SPEARS’ BATTLE FOR FREEDOM will be available on demand beginning Monday, September 27 via cable/satellite systems, CNNgo platforms and CNN mobile apps.

The specialwill re-air on Sunday, October 3 at 9pm ET.
                                                https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2...e-for-freedom/

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                  According to Rolling Stone’s new updated listo of 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time … Britney now has 2 songs among the Top 50 greatest female songs of all time:
                                                  1. Aretha Franklin - Respect (#1)
                                                  2. Missy Elliott - Get Ur Freak On (#8)
                                                  3. Beyoncι - Crazy In Love (#16)
                                                  4. Robyn - Dancing On My Own (#20)
                                                  5. Bilie Holiday - Strange Fruit (#21)
                                                  6. The Ronettes - Be My Baby (#22)
                                                  7. Joni Mitchell - A Case Of You (#26)
                                                  8. Lorde - Royals (#30)
                                                  9. M.I.A - Paper Planes (#46)
                                                  10. Lauryn Hill - Doo Woop (That Thing) (#49)
                                                  11. Dionne Warwick - Walk On By (#51)
                                                  12. Donna Summer - I Feel Love (#52)
                                                  13. Madonna - Like A Prayer (#55)
                                                  14. Missy Elliott - Work It (#56)
                                                  15. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (#60)
                                                  16. Dolly Parton - Jolene (#63)
                                                  17. Taylor Swift - All Too Well (#69)
                                                  18. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car (#71)
                                                  19. Beyoncι - Formation (#73)
                                                  20. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black (#79)
                                                  21. Adele - Rolling In The Deep (#82)
                                                  22. Aretha Franklin - You Make Me Feel (Like A Natural Woman) (#90)
                                                  23. Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone (#93)
                                                  24. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (#94)
                                                  25. Patti Smith - Gloria (#97)
                                                  26. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps (#101)
                                                  27. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (#103)
                                                  28. Britney Spears - Toxic (#114)
                                                  29. Etta James - At Last (#115)
                                                  30. Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer (#117)
                                                  31. TLC - Waterfalls (#127)
                                                  32. Martha And The Vandellas - Dancing In The Streets (#130)
                                                  33. Tina Turner - What’s Love Got To Do With It (#134)
                                                  34. Ariana Grande - Thank U Next (#137)
                                                  35. Blondie - Heart Of Glass (#138)
                                                  36. Madonna - Vogue (#139)
                                                  37. The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow (#151)
                                                  38. Madonna - Into The Groove (#161)
                                                  39. Dusty Springfield - Son Of A Preacher Man (#168)
                                                  40. Nina Simone - Mississippi Goddam (#172)
                                                  41. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#178)
                                                  42. Sinnead O’Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U (#184)
                                                  43. PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me (#194)
                                                  44. Patsy Cline - Crazy (#195)
                                                  45. Anna Peebles - I Can’t Stand The Rain (#197)
                                                  46. Britney Spears - Baby One More Time (#205)
                                                  47. Hole - Doll Parts (#208)
                                                  48. Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen (#217)
                                                  49. Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now (#225)
                                                  50. Beyoncι - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) (#228)

How is "Get Ur Freak On" that high up?

Comment

• She’s back on Instagram.
                                                    I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                    X