No announcement yet.

Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outrageous is a bop though. Remove Early Morning. That always makes me hit skip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
      Outrageous is a bop though. Remove Early Morning. That always makes me hit skip.
      “Early Mornin” is masterpiece, such moody experimental urban Moby produced track should never be questioned ever again in Britney’s catalogue.

”Outrageous” was produced by R.Kelly, that alone is a disgrace that needs to disappear out of Britney’s catalogue.
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

“Early Mornin” is masterpiece, such moody experimental urban Moby produced track should never be questioned ever again in Britney’s catalogue.

”Outrageous” was produced by R.Kelly, that alone is a disgrace that needs to disappear out of Britney’s catalogue.
        Toxic is a masterpiece . . . Early Mornin is awful, couldn't be more boring, always the only song I skipped on In The Zone which was an almost flawless album, Outrageous isn't great but it's better than Early Mornin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

Toxic is a masterpiece . . . Early Mornin is awful, couldn't be more boring, always the only song I skipped on In The Zone which was an almost flawless album, Outrageous isn't great but it's better than Early Mornin.
          Sure, it’s because you have bad taste
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Does britney even sing on Early Mornin? Certaintly not the chorus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
              Does britney even sing on Early Mornin? Certaintly not the chorus.
              Yes she does

Comment

• Early Mornin requires taste

LOVE the vibe of that song.

Comment

• Early Mornin is one of the best songs she's ever recorded.
                  Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• I guess EM is still too ahead of its time for certain people. One of her most underrated songs.
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• ^ Exactly “Early Mornin” requires taste indeed and it’s an essential piece on the album’s sound and experimentation.

However, even if some don’t like it, my point wasn’t going after “what is your least favorite song on the album?” …. A song shouldn’t be removed of any album just because you don’t like the song (bad for you, deal with it).

My point against “Outraegous” actually has a valid cause. The guy who produced it has been criminally charged for sex trafficking, pedophilia, sexual abuse ….. My observation was that Britney (just like Lady Gaga did) should remove the association she has with him and as a form of respect, protest and integrity remove the song (which would lead to add a new song as replacement).

Comment

• I very much doubt that Britney has any say in the matter.
                        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                          I very much doubt that Britney has any say in the matter.
                          I doubt it too … But we can make the label do it. Let’s be real, we the fans did #FreeBritney …. If we can get her out of a C-ship, then we can do anything …

But being honest. I don’t think her fans are interested, most of them think “Outrageous” is a “bop” and don’t care about who produced it.

Comment

I doubt it too … But we can make the label do it. Let’s be real, we the fans did #FreeBritney …. If we can get her out of a C-ship, then we can do anything …

But being honest. I don’t think her fans are interested, most of them think “Outrageous” is a “bop” and don’t care about who produced it.
                            The difference with Gaga (and Celine) is that their songs were duets and Outrageous isn’t. I also don’t think you can re-write history - it’s part of her catalogue and cannot be erased.

When Finding Neverland debuted a lot of people that believed it had to learn to separate the man from the work - the work hasn’t altered because we know something new about the man who created it.

I guess the same has to be done here - Outrageous still remains a great Britney song that exists on both In The Zone and My Prerogative, in the same way Billie Jean remains one the greatest songs of all time on one of the greatest albums of all time.

At least with streaming, you can opt to remove the song from your playlists, so the power is with the listener to do what’s right for them.
                            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

The difference with Gaga (and Celine) is that their songs were duets and Outrageous isn’t. I also don’t think you can re-write history - it’s part of her catalogue and cannot be erased.

When Finding Neverland debuted a lot of people that believed it had to learn to separate the man from the work - the work hasn’t altered because we know something new about the man who created it.

I guess the same has to be done here - Outrageous still remains a great Britney song that exists on both In The Zone and My Prerogative, in the same way Billie Jean remains one the greatest songs of all time on one of the greatest albums of all time.

At least with streaming, you can opt to remove the song from your playlists, so the power is with the listener to do what’s right for them.
                              How is like you’re comparing Michael Jackson (someone proven innocent at court) with R.Kelly (someone formally and criminally charged and about to rot in jail)?

……..

Anyways, having past my little rant against “Rapetrageous” ….. and speaking of “In The Zone”, I think “Brave New Girl” is such a nice tune … often and universally known as the weakest link on “In The Zone” by the fanbase, but for me it’s quite the opposite. It’s a breezy fun and superb song inspired by Madonna’s music (confirmed by Britney herself) which makes a lot of sense to me as the song always gave me this weird “Madonna meets Britney” kinda vibe …. the song is adventurous, it’s pretty much pure girl power and couldn’t be more refreshing in “In The Zone”

Comment

How is like you’re comparing Michael Jackson (someone proven innocent at court) with R.Kelly (someone formally and criminally charged and about to rot in jail)?
                                Here we go again - this is why you’re quite impossible to discuss anything with. What I’ve said was a legitimate commentary on how art and artist can be viewed as separate entities, but as usual you just push ahead with your own narrative and miss the bigger picture.

Let’s just leave it here and never interact again.
                                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Let’s just leave it here and never interact again.
                                  Cool

Comment

• Lol now I can agree Brave New Girl is a bop. Yes its the most bubblegum but nothing wrong with that.

Comment

• It changes over time, but as of 2021, today I’d say:

1. Touch Of My Hand
                                      2. Toxic
                                      3. Breathe On Me
                                      4. Everytime
                                      5. Early Mornin
                                      6. Brave New Girl
                                      7. Showdown
                                      8. The Hook Up
                                      9. Shadow
                                      10. Me Against The Music
                                      11. (I Got That) Boom Boom
                                      12. Rapetrageous

1-9 is perfection ….. 10-11 is Ok-ish
                                      Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon October 18, 2021, 14:22.

Comment

• In The Zone and (Blackout) are perfect as they are every song fit perfectly to the vibe of the era…
                                        b.t.w. Early morning is an underrated bop….not on the trinity but still good track.
                                        Toxic, Breathe and everytime will always be the highlights of this masterpiece

Comment

• Ok lemme try to rank the songs on the GAOT.

1. Breathe On Me
                                          2. Everytime
                                          3. Toxic
                                          4. Touch of My Hand
                                          5. Me Against the Music
                                          6. (I Got That) Boom Boom
                                          7. Early Mornin'
                                          8. Showdown
                                          9. Shadow
                                          10. Brave New Girl
                                          11. The Answer
                                          12. The Hook Up
                                          13. Outrageous
                                          14. Don't Hang Up

Idk this is too hard. The album is perfect and untouchable to me.

Btw without the yelling from the Ying Yang Twins Boom Boom would be even better. We need a solo version.
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• I’ve said this before but once y’all stop being pressed about the fact that there was no "real" video for "Break the Ice" and start appreciating the video for what it is you will realize that it’s a 10/10 video. Send post.

Comment

• Pop Vibe-ney on in the Zone was such a mood and trendsetter. Breathe On Me, Early Mornin', Touch of my Hand are some TUNES!!!!

Only song that could've been left off of In The Zone is Brave New Girl. ew.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                I’ve said this before but once y’all stop being pressed about the fact that there was no "real" video for "Break the Ice" and start appreciating the video for what it is you will realize that it’s a 10/10 video. Send post.

I love the Anime culture and that Pop and Anime merged for one stunning song

“Blackout” was such a great era, a White-trashy, fame tragic, dark-pop, Paparazzi-hating, electro-paradise, anti-Karen anime slut universe

Comment

• I used to be obessed with Don't hang up.
                                                  Issa whole mood!
                                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Well ;-;

Comment

Working...
                                                    X