No announcement yet.

Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt she’d be married without her boys, but let’s be honest - she has form for random weddings
    Never underestimate a droid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
      I doubt she’d be married without her boys, but let’s be honest - she has form for random weddings
      Let's not dig the past when she wore her wedding dress for shopping after her divorce with Kevin

Comment

• I was thinking more Vegas

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
          I was thinking more Vegas
          What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas

Comment

• Comment

• "Till the World Ends" came out 11 years ago today!

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• An anthem, It was everywhere here in clubs when it came out

Comment

• Does she even have a relationship with her kids?

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                    Does she even have a relationship with her kids?
                    Majority has been spent with Kevin but I don't think Britney will ever get married without her kids being present.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                      Does she even have a relationship with her kids?
                      She does. They have their own life and she has her own, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a relationship with them.

Comment

• I think Britney is essentially a weekend Mom. But she keeps them mostly well hidden from social media. Now the kids are older and she’s free, I hope they build a stronger bond because we all know losing primary custody destroyed her.

It really wouldn’t surprise me if this book deal is for them - a nice nest egg for when they turn 18 or 21 etc.

Comment

• Her kids are like what? 16 or 17 now? They’re not at that age of being with mom the whole time anymore. They are probably more focussed on going out with high school friends, smoking weed, having girlfriends (or boyfriends who knows) and thinking their mom is annoying like any other normal teenager.
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyonc . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                            "Till the World Ends" came out 11 years ago today!
                            No shade or anything but TTWE is low-key trash

Yes it was a big hit for her back in 2011 (the biggest hit from FF era back then actually) and strangely enough the song was critically acclaimed and placed as the #3 best song of the year on the Rolling Stone’s 2011 list.

But the song is so generic and plain. The fact that she slayed with such an edgy dance but unique lead single like “Hold It Against Me” just to follow it up with a Kesha generic basic reject was a bit of a let down.

And yes I might quite have bopped to the song in 2011 but it aged so badly like milk that it sounds tragic in 2022.
                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyonc . Rihanna

Comment

• I kinda agree but I always play TTWE during my workout, it's a great run song and to me it serves it purpose

Comment

• Tinashe looking forward for an invite for Brit's wedding

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                                  Is she hinting at having a daughter with the pink balloon? And saying he isn’t a girl, as in she has the balloon for something else?

He did say they would be “baby-making” in December. Anyways, too soon to tell, clearly, but something to think as a hint, since she drops a lot of those.

I think TTWE, has a bit of an anthemic feel Bc I always imagined her playing at the FIFA World Cup and the stadium crowd jumping up and down to the “oh oh ah ah ah ah!” Chorus part of the song.

It just feels like a song people would get into in a sports stadium. Maybe the future set list song of the Super Bowl? Time will tell.
                                  Last edited by mitchuzu@gmail.com; Sat March 5, 2022, 07:21.

Comment

• Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• “Baby One More Time” is such a strong song. I don’t know what it is but it has something classic / legendary / iconic on it when you hear it. It’s like all these famous big songs that you hear them and you just know they have a timeless quality to it. Like when you listen to Madonna’s “Like A Virgin” or Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit” you know they are classics. That’s the same vibe I always get from “Baby One More Time”.

Let’s be real, “Baby One More Time” has more Spotify streams than juggernauts like Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” and it’s the second biggest female solo song from the entire 90s decade on Spotify (only behind Mariah’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You”). The song is real deal and even historic for pre-2000 streaming number standards.

I think Britney’s vocals, the heartbreak lyrics, the melody and the simple yet emblematic production makes it. There’s this part on the song around the bridge and before the final chorus hits that the song slows down as we hear the dramatic piano … that part is stunning.

”Baby One More Time” will always be a great pop song.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                          “Baby One More Time” is such a strong song. I don’t know what it is but it has something classic / legendary / iconic on it when you hear it. It’s like all these famous big songs that you hear them and you just know they have a timeless quality to it. Like when you listen to Madonna’s “Like A Virgin” or Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit” you know they are classics. That’s the same vibe I always get from “Baby One More Time”.

Let’s be real, “Baby One More Time” has more Spotify streams than juggernauts like Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” and it’s the second biggest female solo song from the entire 90s decade on Spotify (only behind Mariah’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You”). The song is real deal and even historic for pre-2000 streaming number standards.

I think Britney’s vocals, the heartbreak lyrics, the melody and the simple yet emblematic production makes it. There’s this part on the song around the bridge and before the final chorus hits that the song slows down as we hear the dramatic piano … that part is stunning.

”Baby One More Time” will always be a great pop song.
                                          Max Martin mentioned the rule he used was to make it instantly recognizable within the first few seconds of hearing it.

Here is him describing the actual songwriting process.

https://youtu.be/hG7tuS5sB8k

If you want the full interview you can find it on YouTube, but the fact they specifically skip all of his other hit songs and start directly with Britney’s Bc of what a worldwide smash it was and explain how he wrote that song, proves how iconic it is.

Plus she stayed up and ensured she had a raspy voice the next morning to record it, and chose the entire mv theme and that itself as a 16 year old to debut with that control is amazing - having told the record executive before she even was famous what she was going to do.

Anyways, I think it has something even Toxic doesn’t have, it just feels emotional, classic, and official.

Toxic is more entertaining to listen to, like in the middle of a playlist, but BOMT brings something heavier and makes you end with a final impression, or start a playlist with because it sets the tone. I feel like BOMT lingers after the song ends, and Toxic ends after the song ends.

I kind of get that from Oops, as well, since it has that instantly recognizable growl, and builds into the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah before she even begins the real lyrics. It just makes you get a little surprised of what’s to come next. A bit like HIAMe but more repetitive. Of course the Titanic reference is also so Britney.
                                          Last edited by mitchuzu@gmail.com; Sat March 5, 2022, 16:38.

Comment

• “Toxic” is a magnum opus. Production paradise and the perfect balance of real d*mn good quality / taste and mainstream appeal. “Toxic” is by far Britney’s most critically acclaimed music moment of her entire career.

But “Baby One More Time” is still pure timeless classic.

——

“Oops I Did It Again” completes the trinity but IMO Oops is slightly inferior to both “Toxic” and BOMT. I know most fans prefer OIDIA over BOMT but in my humble opinion “Baby” will always be the original and superior song that paved everything for Britney. Oops was more of a “Let’s create a repeat BOMT formula” that worked …. And it’s insanely catchy but BOMT’s more simple production, more universal heartbreak lyrics and vocals will always be above OIDIA in my book.

Not surprised that “Toxic” and “Baby One More Time” both made it into Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time list while “Oops I Did It Again” was left out.

Comment

“Toxic” is a magnum opus. Production paradise and the perfect balance of real d*mn good quality / taste and mainstream appeal. “Toxic” is by far Britney’s most critically acclaimed music moment of her entire career.

But “Baby One More Time” is still pure timeless classic.

——

“Oops I Did It Again” completes the trinity but IMO Oops is slightly inferior to both “Toxic” and BOMT. I know most fans prefer OIDIA over BOMT but in my humble opinion “Baby” will always be the original and superior song that paved everything for Britney. Oops was more of a “Let’s create a repeat BOMT formula” that worked …. And it’s insanely catchy but BOMT’s more simple production, more universal heartbreak lyrics and vocals will always be above OIDIA in my book.

Not surprised that “Toxic” and “Baby One More Time” both made it into Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time list while “Oops I Did It Again” was left out.
                                              Well, I like BOMT as an impact and legacy song, and it just feels more important, and BOMT sold more actual singles, and has higher Streams on YT which negates Toxic’s higher streams on Spotify.

I think when it comes to vocals, I like how you get Britney’s vocals throughout the song and it literally became the song to hear that classic signature Baby voice, just like Oops.

Toxic benefits from its instrumentals, production, and music video, but what I like about BOMT and Oops is that you focus more on how Britney sounds.

When people cover Britney to imitate her (not just a cover song), they pick BOMT and Oops, when people do cover songs on talent shows they pick BOMT, Toxic and Everytime.

BOMT has it all, music videos, iconic VMA performance, her only Grammy performance, only World Music Award performance, opened the 1st ever Teen Choice Awards, and is known for its signature voice, on top of its production, and instruments. Toxic is great, and I think it has a strong appeal to non-Britney fans more than most of her work, but BOMT just feels more like Britney, and isn’t just a great Britney song.

I couldn’t imagine TLC, BSB doing BOMT in an iconic way as a group older and done with school in ‘98, as it was originally offered to them first, but when I heard Toxic was originally offered to Kylie Minogue I could imagine her doing it with her light voice.

Maybe it wouldn’t be as iconic as Britney, obviously, but it doesn’t feel like only Britney could do Toxic, the way it feels like only Britney can do BOMT and Oops.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitchuzu@gmail.com View Post
                                                Well, I like BOMT as an impact and legacy song, and it just feels more important, and BOMT sold more actual singles, and has higher Streams on YT which negates Toxics higher streams on Spotify.
                                                Spotify + Youtube combined:

Toxic = 1,3 Billion (song + music video + auto generated audio)

BOMT = 1,2 Billion (song + music video + auto generated audio)

——

“Toxic” is bigger on streaming platforms overall. And honestly the fact that Toxic has more streams on Spotify than on Youtube means that people are more invested on listening to the song itself. Which is a great sign.

BOMT has more video views than actual streams on Spotify. Meaning that the music video is probably bigger than the actual song itself.

Both songs are huge and stunning though. But by 2022 “Toxic” is pretty much Britney’s leading single.

Comment

Spotify + Youtube combined:

Toxic = 1,3 Billion (song + music video + auto generated audio)

BOMT = 1,2 Billion (song + music video + auto generated audio)

——

“Toxic” is bigger on streaming platforms overall. And honestly the fact that Toxic has more streams on Spotify than on Youtube means that people are more invested on listening to the song itself. Which is a great sign.

BOMT has more video views than actual streams on Spotify. Meaning that the music video is probably bigger than the actual song itself.

Both songs are huge and stunning though. But by 2022 “Toxic” is pretty much Britney’s leading single.
                                                  You mean just based on those 2 platforms… as it is close, and we just don’t have other numbers like Apple Music to measure it all.

I think the difference is that BOMT has more meaning to its song: it’s her debut, set the tone for both her and Max Martin, has more of her signature voice which isn’t as auto-tuned, and focuses on a more coherent storyline in the lyrics, while Toxic’s storyline is basically the music video.

The fact BOMT is on its way to be the very first song to hit 1 B views on her own channel (S&Shout is on Will.I.Ams), and has about 1/3 of a M views daily while S&S is second daily with about 220K a day, means BOMT is one it’s way to surpass it as her long term biggest music video.

Toxic for a huge boost from Toxic Pony, and that is helping it on Spotify, while if BOMT has a new viral hit that actually becomes a single off the remix, I am sure it will surpass Toxic. The fact the BOMT is more than double Toxic’s daily Yt views, even after the remix, while Toxic isn’t double BOMT’s Spotify streams even after the remix says a lot.

One had a huge boost and became a Halloween Spotify boosted song, while BOMT pulls ahead of all YT views and is set to achieve her most viewed single.

The fact it also became named at the TRL final countdown as the most iconic MV of all of their 10 year history and continues to be her signature music video and song for her outfit, baby voice, and actually went #1 in countless countries, became her biggest song on par with Scream & Shout just tells me which one is the stand out between them.

Comment

• My Top 10 Britney singles as of today would be:

1. Toxic
                                                    2. Gimme More
                                                    3. Baby One More Time
                                                    4. Everytime
                                                    5. Piece Of Me
                                                    6. Overprotected
                                                    7. Break The Ice
                                                    8. Stronger
                                                    9. Oops I Did It Again
                                                    10. Hold It Against Me

* I wasn’t guiding by succes or impact or anything like that. Just picked 10 songs I felt strong and solid.

* “Toxic” and “Gimme More” are constantly switching places on my list. Sometimes “Gimme More” is my #1 depending on my mood. Today I’m feeling “Toxic” more. But those two whether they switch or not are always my Top 2.

* “I’m A Slave 4 U”, “Circus”, “Criminal”, “Do Somethin” and “Born To Make You Happy” would complete my Top 15.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X