No announcement yet.

Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• britneylinda thank you for such a writeup for OIDIA, somewhere I feel this album got lost perhaps because we never got a chance to hear how Britney feels about her old music, I remember Shakira did a Vogue interview or something for her iconic music videos I wish maybe one day we can also get something like that with Brit! I'm sure she's not very much attached to her older work but these two teen albums made Britney an icon she is today imo.

I lived this era in real time, a massive era posters everyehere and i had a bagpack of her face on it, it was quite cool as a lot of girls had it in my school. This album had some waiting in our CD stores, I didn't get the album the minute it came out but got it in like 3-4 days after waiting in line and then remember playing it in my dad's car

Comment

• Originally posted by Eugine View Post
      britneylinda thank you for such a writeup for OIDIA, somewhere I feel this album got lost perhaps because we never got a chance to hear how Britney feels about her old music, I remember Shakira did a Vogue interview or something for her iconic music videos I wish maybe one day we can also get something like that with Brit! I'm sure she's not very much attached to her older work but these two teen albums made Britney an icon she is today imo.

I lived this era in real time, a massive era posters everyehere and i had a bagpack of her face on it, it was quite cool as a lot of girls had it in my school. This album had some waiting in our CD stores, I didn't get the album the minute it came out but got it in like 3-4 days after waiting in line and then remember playing it in my dad's car
      Britney’s label hasn’t started turning her catalogue into a legacy machine just yet, so we’ll see what Britney does once her album start turning 25.
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• I don’t think she dislikes her first two albums but I don’t think she loves them or is crazy about them.

She does hate “Sometimes”, said it herself. And I suspect she doesn’t like FTBOMBH that much as it never made it into any of her compilations (not even the Remix albums).

She has said she’s tired of “Baby One More Time” and “Oops I Did It Again” songs but more than a personal dislike it’s something that happens quite often with most artists and their classic songs (they get sick of them).

Britney herself said (her own words) the only part of her career that she enjoyed were her first 3 eras .. so I know her first two albums bring her good memories from an experience point of view.

Music-wise she seems to be more into the “In The Zone”, “Blackout” and “Britney” albums though.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Her relationship with her label is odd, I mean we just don't know how her career for her old work will turn out. They missed out on 20th anniversary of 'Britney' album (perhaps she was still under conservatorship) but I don't have any expectations for Blackout turning 15 this year same for her 25th anniversary next year

Her old work holds a lot of place in my heart, I grew up to those albums so you know Britney talking about how was her experience what she liked doing what she didn't, what creative inputs she had what she just went along etc etc that's what at some point I do would love to know from her perhaps in her book we will.

I doubt Britney has a lot of love to her first 2 album music tho, era sure she did confirm as well, she considers herself as an performer first so it makes sense but something just released to her dancing - choreography- music - costumes. Only her experience for her music, I would really love to know her thoughts which we never got.

She makes Sam listen to her music, so I'm sure she's proud of it. It would be a very good experience for a longtime fan like me to know what she thinks of it.

Comment

• Guys .. Her label has been milking her old albums a lot lately with multiple vinyl releases for their 20th anniversaries, in 2020 not only they re-issued “Oops I Did It Again” album with a vintage cassete release ideal for collectors but they also released a B-sides and remixes vinyl album from the “Oops I Did It Again” era that even charted on the Billboard 200. Her label has also been working with some 90s and early 00s Spotify playlists and the usage of her music (mostly old one) in movies, ads and media has increased like 300% more compared from 00s decade to now in the 20s.

Artists normally only celebrate catalogues 3 times (10th anniversary, 20th anniversary and 25th anniversary and that’s it). She ain’t be celebrating every year.

Her label celebrated big time her 10th anniversary with a boxset of all of her singles that included original artworks and B-sides. The 20th anniversary was more discreet but most artists and labels prefer to make a bigger thing for the 25th anniversary anyways.
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I hope we do see something like a boxset - vinyls etc for 25th anniversary. Regarding her playlisting on spotify it's a different story but still I'll be looking forward for physicals releases for 25th.

Blackout just never saw any light from Britney, so 15th anniversary imo would be perfect to do somethisomething one cool editions of vinyls would suffice in that case Britney won't have to be involved but she loves this body of work, perhaps one day we could see some acknowledgment from her

Comment

• Blackout anniversary celebration would be very interesting, blackout just got lost admist of all conservatorship circus and we know she loves Blackout, someday maybe we shall see something.

Comment

• 15th anniversaries are rarely celebrated by labels or artists. It’s unusual. Most wait for 20th or 25th anniversaries.

”Blackout” was re-issued in Vinyl once in 2019 and then it was re-issued 3 times more in 2020 (two on Vinyl and one as a cassette) though. That would make a total of 4 re-issues (most recent one less than 2 years ago). Her entire Vegas show was called “Piece Of Me” in honor of her single, the “It’s Britney Bitch” line has been authorized for multiple samples. And by the time she did the “Circus Tour” the setlist was filled with “Blackout” tracks to the point that it seemed a Blackout Tour instead

You guys act as if “Blackout” was released and never addressed again LOL

Comment

• It never was, Britney never got to talk about it and we never had a chance to re-live it. I get it there were re issues I even bought 3 variants of Blackout vinyl, but nothing from side of Britney. Blackout can be very interesting with some B sides maybe in near future

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                      It never was, Britney never got to talk about it and we never had a chance to re-live it. I get it there were re issues I even bought 3 variants of Blackout vinyl, but nothing from side of Britney. Blackout can be very interesting with some B sides maybe in near future
                      Britney rarely talks about any of her albums directly though. It’s not just a “Blackout” thing. She literally never talks about any of her albums.

Actions are more powerful than words though. She has supported songs from “Britney”, “In The Zone” and “Blackout” on her social media recently.

It would be cool if she did talk about it but doesn’t seem to be her style, she has always liked the music to speak for itself instead. The best thing that I aspire for “Blackout” is another re-issue for the 20th anniversary of the album in 2027

As for her 25th anniversary overall I think her label might release another boxset or something like that and that’s it. Don’t expect Britney to sit on a couch to talk about her albums.
                      Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon May 16, 2022, 22:20.

Comment

• Britney loves Blackout, what are you guys on about?

The Circus Tour had more Blackout than it did Circus, and she’s been performing Freakshow (an album track) from it ever since.

Comment

• ^ Exactly. And she recently posted an insta clip with “Get Naked”.

Britney also seems to love singles “Gimme More” and “Piece Of Me”, and she does have an obsession with “Freakshow”. She loves the album.

Her other album I know she loves is “In The Zone”, she seems to respect and she seems proud about the 3 first singles (“Me Against The Music”, “Toxic” and “Everytime”), it’s no sercet she has an obsession with album tracks “Breathe On Me” and “Touch Of My Hand” and she recently posted about “Brave New Girl” and gave insight of the track. So yep, seems like ITZ is a favorite from her.

Comment

• I am not saying she doesn't love it, what I am trying to say is Blackout can get some B sides with vinyl re issues or some new remixes

Comment

• I’m sure Blackout will be expanded at some point but it’s worth remembering a lot of the leftovers leaked. I think I’d be more interested in seeing the producers come together to finish the demos and release Blackout 2.0 with a full studio album of leftovers.

Comment

• I hope that too, State of Grace is one of my faves and I think these leaks are only fans contained so even if they get some good polishing for B sides it would make sense imo. I know it would never happen but lots of artist re record their stuff for anniversaries, dreaming is always free

Comment

• I would have loved “State Of Grace” to be included on “Blackout” but I think it didn’t make the cut because it was perceived as not suiting enough for the album rebelious and electro style.

“State Of Grace” is perfect for a Rarities collection though. I know the song was sold to some French singer eventually but Britney still has her version.

For her 25th anniversary, instead of doing another boxset or some cr*p like that or another Greatest Hits album for the hundred time … I would rather prefer celebrating with a Rarities collection instead. A compilation of the greatest unreleased tracks she has through her +2 decade career.

Comment

• Didn’t Britney do an interview and say State of Grace was her favourite song on Blackout, or am I making that up? I think she was papped listening to the song in her car after the album came out too

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                      Didn’t Britney do an interview and say State of Grace was her favourite song on Blackout, or am I making that up? I think she was papped listening to the song in her car after the album came out too
                                      Yeah you’re making it up. It was “Heaven On Earth”.

Comment

• …paparazzi video from 2006, Britney is seen playing the song in her car.
                                        Lord so Britney basically ‘leaked’ her own song pre-release

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Lord so Britney basically ‘leaked’ her own song pre-release
                                          Between 2004 and 2006 it was very usual she leaked songs intentionally.

She herself presented (unannounced and as a total surprise visit) to a Radio station in December, 2004 to premiere “Mona Lisa” on Radio. She literally went a leaked an unreleased song to radio intentionally.

Through her website she would also leak either songs’s snippets or full songs like “Rebellion” and “Just Yesterday”. Or she would play songs in front of the Paparazzis.

It was normal for Britney to do that.

Comment

• BTW .. I already remembered that paparazzi video. I mean, there’s one where she was playing “Heaven On Earth” and she also said that song was her favorite from the record at the time.

And there’s another paprazzi video of her from 2006 (“Blackout” wasn’t even close to be released at that time) and she was playing demos, it wasn’t just “State Of Grace”, she also played “Rebellion” and “To Love Let Go” but she never commented anything on the songs and never answered the paparazzis back.

Comment

• Comment

• I'm a Slave 4 U? More like Imma Slaaaayyy 4 U!

Call me biased Idgas but this IS the best song of all time. Light years ahead of its time Istg.
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Can someone contact her label and tell them to remove the convicted rapist, predator and abuser penned track “Outrageous” and replace it for this ITZ unreleased masterpiece ? :

Comment

• Strangest love is literally one of my all time favorite songs, from Britney era to blackout britney was really on a creative height

Comment

Working...
                                                    X