Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeremySpears
    replied
    I think it might actually be $ 500 million revenue and not 500 million bottles lol. The best-selling fragrance of all time sells 10 million bottles a year apparently so yeah.

This article from 2012 says her fragrances have made $ 1.5 billion.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20220311...or-deal-judge/

And in this article from 2018 the company confirms that Britney fragrances have made over a billion dollars.
    https://www.instyle.com/celebrity/br...ollar-business

Still a massive numbers

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    The numbers don’t add up. The Vogue article quotes The Hollywood Reporter as the source of the 500M sales:

Spears, after launching Curious, which has sold more than 500 million bottles since 2004, released 10 more fragrances. Collectively, Spears’ scents take in $30 million a year.
    The article is from 2013. So over a ten year period, that’s an average of 50m sales per year, but only grossing $30m a year? It makes more sense if the 500m is a typo and it’s supposed to be 50m sales, or if the $30m is wrong. It can’t be both.

It seems every subsequent article references THR’s 500m sales claim too, often quoting the same very article as Vogue did.

I know Britney doesn’t own the perfume so doesn’t get the lion’s share, but if sales were 500m at $40 (totalling a gross of $20 billion) it doesn’t add up - we have been told she is worth $60 million.

Yes, Britney could have signed a terrible deal and been paid an pittance for the perfumes (unlikely), the $60 million might have referred only to her cash assets (unlikely), and yes, a large portion of her fortune could have been spent under the conservatorship - but even if Jamie spent $60 million (unlikely), that would still only mean Britney had made $120 million across her entire career - despite one perfume making $20 billion?

Nope, the perfume sales in my opinion are massively, massively over estimated. There’s no way Britney’s cut was so small on that deal and there’s no way Jamie spent 50% of her fortune.

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchuzu@gmail.com View Post

And bear in mind, these are 500 M sales, not 500 million IN sales, so if each bottle is $40, that is $20 Billion.
    I think when Bryan said her business made 100$ Billion it makes sensible this perfume line definitely must've.

Leave a comment:

• mitchuzu@gmail.com
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
    https://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/artic..._medium=social

500 million in its first 9 years and it's not even her most successful fragrance Just imagine how much Fantasy has sold at this point. The Queen of celebrity fragrances for a reason!
    And bear in mind, these are 500 M sales, not 500 million IN sales, so if each bottle is $40, that is $20 Billion.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Nothing is adding up here
    Matthew will find the truth. Numbers do not lie. Following the money is the best chance of bringing criminal charges against Jamie.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    … yet she’s only worth $60 million.
    Nothing is adding up here

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    … yet she’s only worth $60 million.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    In the years after its 2004 release, one bottle of Britney’s first perfume, Curious, made in partnership with Elizabeth Arden, sold every 15 seconds during pre-Christmas retail peaks – and the scent reportedly enjoyed a resurgence in sales last year following the release of the Framing Britney Spears documentary and her engagement announcement. Not that it ever truly went away. Curious’s aqua-hued gemstone bottle, with dangly pink heart charms and the tagline “Do you dare?”, amassed 500 million sales between 2004 and 2013, demonstrating serious staying power even when Spears herself had drifted out of the public eye.
    https://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/artic..._medium=social

500 million in its first 9 years and it's not even her most successful fragrance Just imagine how much Fantasy has sold at this point. The Queen of celebrity fragrances for a reason!

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    I actually wonder if Britney is pregnant again. Last time they went too public and this time maybe they are just keeping it to themselves until it’s safe to share. It would explain why she’s not posting new photographs or videos of herself.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Yesterday it was announced that Sam is starring in an upcoming movie (coincidentally titled Lioness) and the comments are filled with those weirdos telling him to go live with Britney bc in their delulu minds they think he has her locked up in their basement or whatever. A few days ago he also did a Q&A on Instagram and ppl kept asking where Britney is so I think he has finally had enough and the lives and stories were simply a response to that.

It didn’t work though bc the psycho Karens have already made up their theories that he played a recording of her voice bc he didn’t show her while also complaining about him "forcing" her to go live…you can’t satisfy those people.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    She wasn’t on the live though, was she? Why anyone would want to do a live from their bed is beyond me. He did post something with her fawning over Goldie Hawn too, and she sounded unusually whiny in that.

From my brief venture into her comments section they were all begging for an insta live so I guess he obliged in the hopes of shutting them up.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Guess she prefers to rant behind her screen instead!

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    I was randomly awake for him going live and got a notification. It was fairly awkward.

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied
    Sam went live with Britney next to him last night and she was not happy about it
    Thatīs totally fine - celebrities donīt have to share personal stuff/talk to fans 24/7.
    Britney has been quite open about her feelings and thoughts lately.

Itīs strange that Sam went live without Britneyīs consent in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Sam went live with Britney next to him last night and she was not happy about it

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    “Slumber Party” is nice but it quite bores me a bit these days. Also the solo / original version will always be the superior. I think “Do You Wanna Come Over?” Should have been the second single instead.

The music video remains stunning tho!

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    So that’s six years since we had a new Britney music video. Tough times.
    Brave New Girl would like a word

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUsk8j-...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    So that’s six years since we had a new Britney music video. Tough times.

Leave a comment:

• breatheonme
    replied
    Slumber Party was a total serve! One of my all time favorite Britney songs (and videos!).

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    "Slumber Party" was released 6 years ago today!

Deserved to be the biggest hit of 2016 smfh. Also will never shut up about how great that video is. The best low budget music video in the history of low budget music videos I think.

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    How on earth do you lose one of your fishnets?

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied
    In another picture Britney was wearing it. Idk how or why

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied

The likes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X