Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crazy4Brit
    I don't know why, but i'm afraid of Britney's new album and how it'll do on the charts...
    Why? BLACKOUT did 1,000,000 copies with 3 flop singles.

"Circus" did 1.7 million and had 2 of her biggest hits ever. And "3" was a monster as well. There is NOTHING to worry about. Max and Danja are coming on board to give our girl more Pop hits for 2010 and 2011.

Comment

• Yeah with the right material and promotion the album could do extremely well, but otherwise I'm not so sure. I love the list of producers though, bar one. They all look really interesting and this album could be an absolute gem.

Comment

• Originally posted by angelsadvocate
        Originally posted by Crazy4Brit
        I don't know why, but i'm afraid of Britney's new album and how it'll do on the charts...
        Why? BLACKOUT did 1,000,000 copies with 3 flop singles.

"Circus" did 1.7 million and had 2 of her biggest hits ever. And "3" was a monster as well. There is NOTHING to worry about. Max and Danja are coming on board to give our girl more Pop hits for 2010 and 2011.
        "Gimme More" and "Piece of Me" were hits. Both went Platinum!

Comment

• I wouldn't call 'Gimme More' and 'Piece of Me' flops at all. Both performed incredibly well for the amount of promotion they had (GM had the worse performance on VMA history and POM had nothing to cope with).

In fact, 'Piece of Me' was more of an international success than 'Circus'.

Comment

• Why is this guy saying that GM and POM are flops? They did great. Plus both are SO HOT, britney fans love it.
            Follow

Comment

• 'Blackout' didn't feel like a hit record cuz she was tained at the time with other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadallstar2
                Why is this guy saying that GM and POM are flops? They did great. Plus both are SO HOT, britney fans love it.
                Yeah he started saying the other day to me that "Flop of Me" is a flop. Both songs aren't flops at all, just because they didn't do amazingly on the Pop 100 they're flops? 'Piece Of Me' is her highest peaking single in the UK in six years and 'Gimme More' was her highest peak in the UK since 'Baby One More Time'. Both were quite arguably bigger than '3'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woaah
                  Originally posted by Toadallstar2
                  Why is this guy saying that GM and POM are flops? They did great. Plus both are SO HOT, britney fans love it.
                  Yeah he started saying the other day to me that "Flop of Me" is a flop. Both songs aren't flops at all, just because they didn't do amazingly on the Pop 100 they're flops? 'Piece Of Me' is her highest peaking single in the UK in six years and 'Gimme More' was her highest peak in the UK since 'Baby One More Time'. Both were quite arguably bigger than '3'.
                  Don't compare! A Higher peak doesn't mean the song is more successful, each era has its own sales and you know battles.

The only songs that were "an almost hits" in Europe of course are "Gimme More" and "Womanizer". Others did horribly.
                  Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoAngels
                    Originally posted by Woaah
                    Don't compare! Hightest doesn't mean the song is more successful, each era has its own sales and you know battles.

The only songs that were "an almost hits" in Europe of course are "Gimme More" and "Womanizer". Others did horribly.
                    Piece of Me was not a flop :-? It did pretty well. Fans loved it. People loved. People loved it so much that it won 3 MTV awards :-?
                    B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikerocha
                      Originally posted by NoAngels
                      Don't compare! Hightest doesn't mean the song is more successful, each era has its own sales and you know battles.

Piece of Me was not a flop :-? It did pretty well. Fans loved it. People loved. People loved it so much that it won 3 MTV awards :-?
                      It wasn't successful either. It was kinda flop! Can I also stress that there is a difference between loving a song, and its chart performance! It's OK to love a song, but who cares if too many love it, that doesn't mean it is successful!

Also, I'm not convinced that Britney won because the song was WOW, she won because of us, her fans who devoted our whole time voting for her to get her life back together. Please, she didn't win in her hey-days, so how do you expect her to win now?!
                      Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

• ^ I understand your point of view. It wasn't as succesful as her previous hits. But i think calling it a flop is too strong. That's just my opinion but i guess i understand what you are trying to say.
                        B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

Comment

• I seriously cannot believe people are saying 'Piece Of Me' is a flop. It was a big hit in most countries. Especially over here where it's one of the biggest songs of her career, it was absolutely everywhere here. I'd understand people saying 'Break The Ice' is a flop, but not 'Piece Of Me' :-?

Comment

• Originally posted by Woaah
                            I seriously cannot believe people are saying 'Piece Of Me' is a flop. It was a big hit in most countries. Especially over here where it's one of the biggest songs of her career, it was absolutely everywhere here. I'd understand people saying 'Break The Ice' is a flop, but not 'Piece Of Me' :-?
                            Sometimes I forget I'm on the UK board. I was talking about her success (on instead of Flop Of Me's case: failure) on Pop radio in the states.

EXAMPLE
                            In the US, "Womanizer" and "Circus" went #1 on Pop radio for weeks. However, "Piece Of Me" limped to a pathetic #28 on Pop. As you can see, THAT is why I called the tracks a flop.

Comment

• Piece of me chat positions

Chart (2007-08) Peak
                              Position
                              Australian ARIA Singles Chart[22] 2
                              Austrian Singles Chart[30] 6
                              Belgian Singles Chart (Flanders)[30] 36
                              Belgian Singles Chart (Wallonia)[30] 36
                              Brazil Billboard Hot 100] 41
                              Canadian Hot 100[18] 5
                              Danish Singles Chart[30] 4
                              Dutch Singles Chart[30] 41
                              European Hot 100 Singles[18] 6
                              Finnish Singles Chart[30] 8
                              Irish Singles Chart[29] 1
                              Italian FIMI Singles Chart[30] 11
                              New Zealand RIANZ Singles Chart[30] 4
                              Swedish Singles Chart[30] 9
                              Swiss Singles Chart[30] 19
                              UK Singles Chart[27] 2
                              US Billboard Hot 100[18] 18
                              US Billboard Hot Dance Club Play[18] 1

Comment

I seriously cannot believe people are saying 'Piece Of Me' is a flop. It was a big hit in most countries. Especially over here where it's one of the biggest songs of her career, it was absolutely everywhere here. I'd understand people saying 'Break The Ice' is a flop, but not 'Piece Of Me' :-?
                                Sometimes I forget I'm on the UK board. I was talking about her success (on instead of Flop Of Me's case: failure) on Pop radio in the states.

EXAMPLE
                                In the US, "Womanizer" and "Circus" went #1 on Pop radio for weeks. However, "Piece Of Me" limped to a pathetic #28 on Pop. As you can see, THAT is why I called the tracks a flop.
                                Calling it 'Flop Of Me' is a little immature, no?

And the US is not the only country as I said. It didn't do amazing over there but in many other countries it was a massive hit. A flop is a single that fails in most regions of the world, which is most definitely not the case for 'Piece Of Me'. For example Christina's 'Dirrty' underperformed in the US, but was massive in the rest of the world. It is quite arguably one of the most iconic and succsful songs of the last decade. Just because a song does not do well in the US does not mean it's a flop. If that was the case huge stars such as Girls Aloud, Kylie and so on would all be "flops".

Comment

EXAMPLE
                                  grow up

Comment

• In America, Girls Aloud and Kylie are flops. But to say that are international superstars is not quite right either as the US is the biggest music market. Many UK artists don't appeal to American listeners as most of them only make music with that UK-sound which equals up being cheesy-90s-techno-dance to us. Sorry.

Comment

• Yes they are not successful in the US, but as I said that does not make them flops. I never said they were international superstars, but are they flops? far from it. Just because a single does not do well in the US it does not make it a flop. And did I say that UK music appeals to US people? No I didn't. What I'm saying is many people have not had massive hits in the US but they are not flops. Sorry

Comment

• yeah angelsadvocate I think you need to read what people say and also look into what a 'flop' actually is. I mean Miley Cyrus is big in the US but doesn't perform very well in the UK, does that make her a flop? No.

Comment

EXAMPLE
                                          Pfft, POM & GM werent exactly flops, if they were then god help the songs that actually do flop hard! IMO I think (as much as Gimme More is my #1 Britney anthem) Piece Of Me was the standout SINGLE from Blackout and is still played often today. You have to remember what was going on with Britney at that time alot of people lost faith in her and comparing these singles to previous efforts is daft. Womanizer & Circus of course performed better as she was promoting the singles and was back on top form.
                                          Thats my view anyway!
                                          Beyhive #5491

Comment

• NoAngels you cannot say POM was a FLOP in Europe while you're from Lybia. It didn't do so well in charts, but for the 1st time in so many years i could say: "I'm listening to a Britney Spears song" and people used to say to me:

"oh yeah, Piece Of Me is so cool, is played on the clubs a lot!" and i didn't use to be ashamed anymore 'cause Britney started to be a Cool singer again and was definitely out of that awful period.

People started to listen to her again since that single. In Italy for example, Blackout singles did WAY better than Circus' ones!

They've been successful. That's all.
                                            Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad

Comment

• Same in the UK, the Blackout singles were much more successful than the Circus singles. Her singles after X Factor in the UK all did pretty dire.

Comment

In America, Girls Aloud and Kylie are flops. But to say that are international superstars is not quite right either as the US is the biggest music market. Many UK artists don't appeal to American listeners as most of them only make music with that UK-sound which equals up being cheesy-90s-techno-dance to us. Sorry.
                                                I'm from America but that made no sense to me.

The reason IMO that some UK don't appeal to US and vice versa is because musically as a whole both listen to and for different things in a song. Ex.

David Guetta's Sexy Chick(lol) IS WAY more popular in US than his mega hit When Love Takes Over.

It makes me wonder what song topics in general play overseas.
                                                Music should make you feel something, not just have you in awe of their singing abilities.[/

Comment

EXAMPLE
                                                  i think it's fair to say your argument has been shot down and pissed all over. several times.

Comment

• I just cant understand you guys,
                                                    i ******* dont even give a shyt about
                                                    who tells me that britneys singles are flops
                                                    to me theyre NOT!!!
                                                    Otherwise it wouldnt even chart anywhere
                                                    anywayssss
                                                    im really lookin forward to hear new great ass material from Britney
                                                    Frank Ocean

Comment

Working...
                                                    X