Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SCHoli View Post
    Mmmh... when was her last Hit?
    Just because she hasn’t had a hit in a while that doesn’t mean that she has to retire lol. She can make music and perform as long as she wants to

    Comment


    • In 2016 USA & Canada top 20 certified single named “make me”
      Since then she released another song with zero promotion and yet it entered the chart in us

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ivica View Post
        bop

        such a shame never got proper push
        I remember hearing it a few times on Italian radios actually

        Comment


        • Double post

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SCHoli View Post
            Mmmh... when was her last Hit?
            6 Years ago

            sadly She only released one album since 2013
            Last FM <3
            Instagram

            Comment


            • We are not going to act like "Make Me..." wasn’t a hit. Thank you.
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                We are not going to act like "Make Me..." wasn’t a hit. Thank you.
                Since when is a single that stayed 2 weeks in the top 20 a hit?

                Her last hit was "S&S" and her last solo Top 10 was "I Wanna Go" in 2011.
                Sure she can make concerts work because she has her fabulous 1999-2011 catalog but if she stays in Vegas, I just can't see her having success with new material. It will not work. It never has.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SCHoli View Post
                  Since when is a single that stayed 2 weeks in the top 20 a hit?

                  Her last hit was "S&S" and her last solo Top 10 was "I Wanna Go" in 2011.
                  Sure she can make concerts work because she has her fabulous 1999-2011 catalog but if she stays in Vegas, I just can't see her having success with new material. It will not work. It never has.
                  Did I say that MM is the biggest song of the decade or sumn? No. Lots of her peers are struggling to enter the Top 40 or can’t even chart on the Hot 100, meanwhile she spent two weeks in the Top 20, the song was certified platinum and has over 100 million streams on Spotify.

                  "Work B**ch" peaked at #12, is certified platinum (and probably eligible for more) and charted within the Top 10 in 14 countries. It has over 150 million streams on Spotify and more than 300 million views on YouTube.

                  Puhlease
                  Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu October 10, 2019, 14:51.
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                  Comment


                  • 18 years into her Career she made top 20 single in her home country (along with others) the song surpassed the 100 million mark on Spotify, the song is certified in USA and Canada, without the video fiasco the song would chart even higher maybe even top 10.
                    No shade but some of her peers barely enter the charts, even some of those who doubted 10 years after her barely enter the top 50(just reminder that after 10 years of her career she made huge comeback).

                    Comment


                    • I honestly fail to see a correlation between not having a hit and retiring specially when she has never missed the Hot 100 with a lead single and in fact every album she did has scored a Top 20 single on the Hot 100 (except for "Britney" 2001).

                      She has peers and there are other artists that can't even chart on the Hot 100 at all anymore and they are not retiring because of that.

                      and honestly "Work Bitch", one of her more recent songs (considering it was released under her last two albums and last 5 singles) is way more remembered these days than several of her older hit songs. It's one of her signature songs and people prefer it and has better recurrent streaming stats than every Blackout, Circus (except Womanizer) and FF single.
                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                      Comment


                      • ^Blackout, Circus and FF tracks were released during the height of digital sales and own a lot of their chart success to pure sales. They weren't HUGE radio hits (they did good though) or generation defining songs that marked an era nor are they meme-able like Work Bitch for today's younger crowd that prefers streaming and likes their meme and catchy words in a song.

                        I feel like it's not fair to compare those albums and tracks for ones that were released when streaming took hold and started to beat sales. Those eras seem to be stuck in a transitional limbo.

                        Eras previous to those had a much bigger impact on pop landscape and are some of the most remembered tracks from late 90's, 00's (BOM, OIDIA, Toxic, IAS4U...) which helped those eras to kickstart the streaming for them.

                        And she has been using Work Bitch constantly since she released it, so that helps too.
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                        .

                        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                        Comment


                        • There's no doubt that she has the strongest first four album eras than any other female pop star other than Madonna. She may not have had the string of Hot 100 #1 hits like Mariah, Katy, Janet or Rihanna but she has a lot of remembered hits to date. What's ironic is the fact that her recent higher charting hits (as chronicled by Billboard) aren't her actual big hits. To be fair, her impact not defined by chart peaks or award wins.

                          Some may not be satisfied that she never reached the critical acclaim or utilized her full potential and "growth" as compared to that of Beyoncé, Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift, but she defined a generation. That's pretty rare, there are tons of other songs of female stars in the 2000s who have had long runs at #1 that are forgotten and barely remembered now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                            ^Blackout, Circus and FF tracks were released during the height of digital sales and own a lot of their chart success to pure sales. They weren't HUGE radio hits (they did good though) or generation defining songs that marked an era nor are they meme-able like Work Bitch for today's younger crowd that prefers streaming and likes their meme and catchy words in a song.

                            I feel like it's not fair to compare those albums and tracks for ones that were released when streaming took hold and started to beat sales. Those eras seem to be stuck in a transitional limbo.

                            Eras previous to those had a much bigger impact on pop landscape and are some of the most remembered tracks from late 90's, 00's (BOM, OIDIA, Toxic, IAS4U...) which helped those eras to kickstart the streaming for them.

                            And she has been using Work Bitch constantly since she released it, so that helps too.
                            It's easy to say that now but back then in 2013 there wasn't an indication that would lead people to believe that "Work Bitch" was going to turn into one of Britney's signature songs, I think what most of us expected was that once the song left the chart it was going to end up forgotten.

                            I wasn't really trying to shade her Blackout-Circus-FF singles (Womanizer is doing great and just because the others are doing lower than WB doesn't mean they are doing bad, a couple more others are actually still doing very decently). What I really meant is that this notion that Britney was only viable for the 1998-2011 period is an old tired narrative, it is more accurate to say 1998-2013 as I think "Work Bitch" definitely deserves to be included. That is a solo song , no featurings that turns out to be one of her recent / last 5 singles and which turned out to be one of her most memorble ones, IMO that's her real last impacting song and not the 2011 ones.

                            As for "Blackout" singles they all did bad on radio but benefited from the digital era, however "Gimme More" is definitely still one of her remembered songs, still used or referenced in media from time to time and with decent and growing recurrent stats.

                            "Circus" singles did good on radio, in fact that was her radio comeback, "Womanizer" is now one of her Top 4 recurrent songs on streaming platforms and a Britney classic and "Circus" is pulling decent updates.

                            "Femme Fatale" singles were all radio hits, 3 consecutive Top 5 airplay hits, IWG pulled over 1000million audience on radio which was good for Britney. The reason they're not doing better these days is because they were generic dance songs that didn't transcend the elecrtopop wave, they sound and are dated and don't translate well into music's current climate scene.
                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                              The reason they're not doing better these days is because they were generic dance songs that didn't transcend the elecrtopop wave, they sound and are dated and don't translate well into music's current climate scene.
                              You might have had a point if the same style of songs from Kesha and Gaga weren't doing better - the difference being those were their breakout hits and when people want "classic" songs from those artists they go back to them. It's arguable but TFM and A+C sound just as "dated" as FF. FF just isn't what people or fans will go to when they look for a Britney fix as those songs aren't her defining hits. That's the only "problem" with FF. For what it is and for when it came out it's a good album (full of bops) and it's doing good on streaming TBH. You're making it seems like it's forgotten when the album has 302m streams (of which about 242m are from the 4 singles which is good IMHO).
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                              .

                              Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                              Comment




                              • Just ordered mine! It looks so gorgeous.

                                Comment


                                • "B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2" was released 8 years ago today.



                                  I need Vol. 3 in my life after B10.
                                  Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri October 11, 2019, 17:03.
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                    You might have had a point if the same style of songs from Kesha and Gaga weren't doing better - the difference being those were their breakout hits and when people want "classic" songs from those artists they go back to them. It's arguable but TFM and A+C sound just as "dated" as FF. FF just isn't what people or fans will go to when they look for a Britney fix as those songs aren't her defining hits. That's the only "problem" with FF. For what it is and for when it came out it's a good album (full of bops) and it's doing good on streaming TBH. You're making it seems like it's forgotten when the album has 302m streams (of which about 242m are from the 4 singles which is good IMHO).
                                    I don't really perceive Gaga's "The Fame" era to be from "Femme Fatale's same wave or generation. TF was a late 00s era more direct to "Circus" (which BTW features "Womanizer" which happens to be doing good and solid at the moment) I feel like the late 00s pop hits stood quite well over time in general.

                                    "Femme Fatale" was released in 2011 and Gaga's direct era to it was "Born This Way" not "The Fame". The thing is that 2011 was a very competitive year full of divas and pop hits so in order to be memorable you had to offer something really special .. you had Gaga putting substancial and meaningful messages with BTW that lyrically connect with people, you had J.Lo nailing a fresh rhytmic exotic latin tune or Beyoncé releasing a beautiful album that aged like pure fine wine with stunning vocal performances and interesting instruments ... Britney on the other hand released processed auto-tuned dance songs about bodies and dancefloors, there was a lot of style but not much soul or substance there and that IMO made the songs a bit disposable in the sense that they were made to be good hits for the moment and that specific year but not the type that would transcend years later. A song like "Love On Top", "The Edge Of Glory" or "On The Floor" aged way better than FF's singles which sound dated and stuck back in that 2011 genericness dance final wave.

                                    Not saying the FF singles are entirely forgotten, as you say, they aren't. But they are not doing better because those songs won't connect with many people in 2019, there isn't a real big reason to return and listen to those type of generic bops / songs.

                                    "Womanizer" for exmaple was also electropop, but for some reason it sounds more charismatic and fun today than the FF singles and that's why people prefer it overall, it has the hooks, the synths and sirens and despite being a very simple song lyrically-wise it kinda speaks to girls out there like a girly or girl power tune. There's something there to connect with and that IMO is what FF singles lack in general.
                                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                    Comment


                                    • Honestly, I have no idea what you're trying to pull when all 4 FF singles are among her TOP 25 most streamed songs. You make it seem like they're beaten by a bunch of album tracks from other albums.
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                      .

                                      Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                      Comment


                                      • 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                        Comment


                                        • Edit
                                          Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri October 11, 2019, 22:14.
                                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                            Honestly, I have no idea what you're trying to pull when all 4 FF singles are among her TOP 25 most streamed songs. You make it seem like they're beaten by a bunch of album tracks from other albums.
                                            I know you are a FF lover and defender, I like that era too and was a very popular era here in Latin America BTW. But the fact that in terms of daily streams those songs are not even among her main ones tells you that their chart positions of 2011 didn't end up translating into the current streaming scene.

                                            I understand what you mean about the classics and older songs doing better which tends to happen to many artists and their audiences to revisit their classics more than anything, I get that. But at the same time that narrative is not preventing other POST-Britney Peak singles that she released from 5th, 6th and even 8th studio albums such as "Gimme More", "Piece Of Me", "Womanizer", "Circus" and "Work Bitch" to be doing way better than FF singles these days and despite the fact some of these mentioned songs were smaller hits on radio than FF singles or had lower peaks. Even "If U Seek Amy" is doing better than some FF singles (daily wise) ... There is a reason for that, the FF songs didn't age that well.
                                            Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat October 12, 2019, 00:35.
                                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                            Comment


                                            • I think Ff singles is that they will age better someday...
                                              back then signature hits like oops were low too and the streams grew up when she sang oops on Pom show(first time since onyx).
                                              Personally I don’t get the hate for hiam (yes it’s forgotten today but everyone was going crazy when it was released and praise the song for selling over 400,000 copies first week) since 2011 they did nothing with this song( no performance on Pom, not included on bitm, even the video picture on YouTube is the same since 2011)while since 2013 she sang wb wherever she could (no shade glad to know her last solo hit is signature) I’m just think hiam didn’t get the chance to age better from Britney, her team and even the fans and that is why it making 6000 daily views this song is very underrated.
                                              About ttwe it is very strange that the song performed much much better then wb yet its daily views low too

                                              Comment


                                              • WB owes a lot of its replayability to the catchphrase though, that's for sure.
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                                .

                                                Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                                Comment


                                                • Edit
                                                  Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat October 12, 2019, 13:50.
                                                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
                                                    I think Ff singles is that they will age better someday...
                                                    back then signature hits like oops were low too and the streams grew up when she sang oops on Pom show(first time since onyx).
                                                    Personally I don’t get the hate for hiam (yes it’s forgotten today but everyone was going crazy when it was released and praise the song for selling over 400,000 copies first week) since 2011 they did nothing with this song( no performance on Pom, not included on bitm, even the video picture on YouTube is the same since 2011)while since 2013 she sang wb wherever she could (no shade glad to know her last solo hit is signature) I’m just think hiam didn’t get the chance to age better from Britney, her team and even the fans and that is why it making 6000 daily views this song is very underrated.
                                                    About ttwe it is very strange that the song performed much much better then wb yet its daily views low too
                                                    I'm not a big fan of the song, but "Work Bitch" has charisma and fun lyrics, despite it's simplicity the song is quite unique and doesn't cover the typical generic dancefloor topic, it's great for working out, like someone else already mentioned it has a catch phrase that sticks and the song has that same edgy attitude that other of her singles like "Gimme More", "Piece Of Me" or "Womanizer" have which her fans and pop audience like. Also Britney managed to insert that song into her audience brains by performing it as her opening number and presentation card everywhere she went for 5 years straight, in other words she literally helped to turn the song into one of her signature hits by pushing it a lot and finally I think the music video also helped a lot, her fans love it.

                                                    As for "Hold It Against Me", I love it (much more than WB) and it's massively underrated but I can also understand why it's doing so bad these days. As much as I love the song's style and production, lyrically wise it's a very empty and dull song, I don't think that many people feel connected to it these days, it features (IMO) a great / stunning music video that turns out to be weird, twisted and dark with all these symbolism and creepy cuts, while I love it I think the music video wasn't GP friendly and definitely not something that people will want to watch again in the future and finally but most importantly, Britney and her team (for some strange reason) never touched the song ever again since 2011, no performance, no mention, no reference, no usage in media, nothing. They buried the song completely and that also plays a part, it's very hard to make a song that has been neglected for 8 years memorable.

                                                    She did perform and did a lot of stuff with "Till The World Ends" though, and even tried to turn it into her encore staple for this entire decade but still that song gets lower streams than "Work Bitch" and many several of her other hits. Which is weird considering it's technically one of her biggest US hits (chart-run wise, airplay wise and sales wise). This quite indicates that the FF singles are not connecting in the same way her other hits are doing these days. Basically nearly every studio album she did has at least one song that is getting bigger daily streams than any FF single.
                                                    Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat October 12, 2019, 13:52.
                                                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Exactly so Ironic that the most popular song (in streaming terms) was the “flop” in comparison to the 3 others.
                                                      Still have hope she’ll comeback(when she will be ready) and revive this song.
                                                      IMO they should do justice to this song that actually just can help for her legacy(with this song she earn 3 billboard topper in 3 decades) and its probably eligible to certifications in a lot of countries.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                        "B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2" was released 8 years ago today.



                                                        I need Vol. 3 in my life after B10.
                                                        I need to know if Britney is that person behind OIDIT: TBO BS album release

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by Instinct View Post


                                                          Just ordered mine! It looks so gorgeous.
                                                          OMG OMG OMG!!!

                                                          It looks so gorgeous indeed.
                                                          Ordered mine as well!!
                                                          "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

                                                          Comment




                                                          • Maybe GMA snapped. I cried a little watching this.
                                                            Last edited by JeremySpears; Sat October 12, 2019, 16:51.
                                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                              Maybe GMA snapped. I cried a little watching this.
                                                              This was quite bad, they didn't mention the "In The Zone" era AT ALL, then they took a time to clarify and mention that "Work Bitch" peaked at #12 but didn't even mention that she got a #1 hit and 3 Top 10 hits with "Femme Fatale"? How weird ... Then they selected the 2016 VMAs performance as her return to TV instead of mentioning the superior 2016 BBMAs performance which was the real deal and where she received the Millenium Award ... And they ended the video with her manager quote that she would not perform again (something that was confirmed as a lie).
                                                              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X