No announcement yet.

Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS was maybe her best show from FF Tour ... You see the fire ... look at the S&M performance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDdENFeIAe8
    Britney 4 EVER.

Comment

• Guys even the freaking NASA tweeting not once but twice about the “Oops I Did It Again” album 20th anniversary, and even quoted part of “Oops” song lyrics

that’s insane.
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• The Rolling Stone has named "...Baby One More Time" the greatest debut single of all time.

One of those pop manifestos that announces a new sound, a new era, a new century. But most of all, a new star. Planet Earth, meet Britney Jean Spears, the 17-year-old pride of Kentwood, Louisiana. “…Baby One More Time” is an apocalyptic thunder-clap of a song, with Max Martin’s mega-boom production: The only detail he screwed up was the incredibly annoying ellipsis in the title. As Britney told Rolling Stone in 2000, she stayed up late the night before listening to Soft Cell’s “Tainted Love” (“What a sexy song”) to get the growl she wanted. “I wanted my voice to be kind of rusty.”

In the great tradition of debut singles, it was a divisive statement that drew a line between past and future. “So much attitude in that song,” Spears said. “I was so happy because there’s a lot of good songs out there, but it’s rare when you can take a song and really put your name all over it and put your personality into it.” With “…Baby One More Time,” this girl changed the sound of pop forever: It’s Britney, bitch. Nothing was ever the same. R.S
        https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...time-2-990475/

Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue May 19th, 2020, 21:45.
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• “Baby One More Time” is one of the most iconic pop songs of all time. I still remember when it came out and I’m glad that I lived those times.

That song is definitely a 90s and Pop symbol.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Britney speaking about her legendary single OOPS, which cememted her career and established her in the industry.
            "It's definitely more me" - Britney Spears.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              Britney speaking about her legendary single OOPS, which cememted her career and established her in the industry.
              "It's definitely more me" - Britney Spears.

... And here she was 16 years later saying she prefers “Baby One More Time” over “Oops I Did It Again”

Obviously back in 2000 she was really excited about “Oops” ... but it’s pretty obvious which song stood the test of time better over the years.
              Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed May 20th, 2020, 06:47.

Comment

• Btw this was the Top 10 on the RollingStone’s 100 Greatest Debut Singles Of All Time:
                1. Britney Spears, “…Baby One More Time”
                2. The Jackson 5, “I Want You Back”
                3. The Sex Pistols, “Anarchy in the U.K.”
                4. Run-DMC, “Sucker M.C.’s/It’s Like That”
                5. Chuck Berry, “Maybellene”
                6. R.E.M., “Radio Free Europe”
                7. Led Zeppelin, “Good Times Bad Times”
                8. Elvis Presley, “That’s All Right”
                9. The Ramones, “Blitzkrieg Bop”
                10. The Smiths, “Hand in Glove”
                Only woman in the Top 10

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I personally prefer Oops over Baby. But they’re both iconic of course.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• iiiiiiiiiiiii
                        Last edited by Meeran Qureshi; Thu May 21st, 2020, 16:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meeran Qureshi View Post
                          Britney Spears ended Christina and Avril didn't she?
                          Please don’t make comments like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Please don’t make comments like this.
                            Didn't mean it,chill.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                              Shania Twain has always been so supportive and nice towards Britney since the very first day. She has said several times that she’s a Britney fan and that she loves her. She follows Britney on every social media and has attended to her concerts (Vegas included).

She’s really cool with Britney (same for Mariah, Madonna, Kylie, Alanis, Mary J Blige and Janet)

Comment

Shania Twain has always been so supportive and nice towards Britney since the very first day. She has said several times she’s a Britney fan and that she loves her. She follows Britney on every social media and has attended to her concerts (Vegas included).

She’s really cool with Britney (same for Mariah, Madonna, Kylie, Alanis, Mary J Blige and Janet)
                                Even Avril attended a Britney concert in 2014.

Comment

Even Avril attended a Britney concert in 2014.
                                  Yeah, at first (during her debut album) Avril kinda shaded Britney but it was just a lie, pure marketing because she had to play with the label game role she had of this whole Anti-Britney era but Avril always liked Britney, as soon as she moved on from that era and didn’t have to play that role anymore she just declared her support to Britney, she praised “Blackout” and “Gimme More”, she talks great things about Britney and yeah she attended her concert a few years ago and posted nice things about it.

Avril is cool with Britney as basically all of her peers like J.Lo, Beyoncé, Alicia, Nelly, P!nk, etc are.

Comment

Yeah, at first (during her debut album) Avril kinda shaded Britney but it was just a lie, pure marketing because she had to play with the label game role she had of this whole Anti-Britney era but Avril always liked Britney, as soon as she moved on from that era and didn’t have to play that role anymore she just declared her support to Britney, she praised “Blackout” and “Gimme More”, she talks great things about Britney and yeah she attended her concert a few years ago and posted nice things about it.

Avril is cool with Britney as basically all of her peers like J.Lo, Beyoncé, Alicia, Nelly, P!nk, etc are.
                                    Yes absolutely.Britney is such a massive artist so Avril had to just praise her(she's bigger than Avril obviously) and I'm an Avril fan saying that.Britney's influence is massive even though Avril is very influential in her genre.Good to see the respect on both sides.

Comment

Yes absolutely.Britney is such a massive artist so Avril had to just praise her(she's bigger than Avril obviously) and I'm an Avril fan saying that.Britney's influence is massive even though Avril is very influential in her genre.Good to see the respect on both sides.
                                      Yeah definitely. She follows Britney on social media too.

And yeah it’s crazy to see how strong her legacy become. Even “Blackout” (which was her weakest 2000s album commercially) ended up gaining a strong cult following, retrospective praise from prestigious publications, it was added to the Rock And Roll hall Of Fame archives & Library, Rolling Stone named it the most influential pop albums of recent years, etc.

She’s so iconic.

Comment

Yeah definitely. She follows Britney on social media too.

And yeah it’s crazy to see how strong her legacy become. Even “Blackout” (which was her weakest 2000s album commercially) ended up gaining a strong cult following, retrospective praise from prestigious publications, it was added to the Rock And Roll hall Of Fame archives & Library, Rolling Stone named it the most influential pop albums of recent years, etc.

She’s so iconic.
                                        Yes.Great to see both have their legacy today. But wonder if Avril didn't feud with Britney,what could have happened?

Comment

Yes.Great to see both have their legacy today. But wonder if Avril didn't feud with Britney,what could have happened?
                                          What do yo mean?

Comment

What do yo mean?
                                            Maybe Avril wouldn't have got too much attention and might have faded away and not become big.

Comment

Maybe Avril wouldn't have got too much attention and might have faded away and not become big.
                                              I don’t know. I think Avril was a label response to the Britney mania.

Britney was the sexy barbie pop girl and executives knew there was a market for the Anti-Britney strategy, like what about a teen girl idol who is the antithesis of Britney and instead she writes her own songs, is one of the boys, sings punk-pop music and dresses in punk fashion? , there was a potential market for that to be filled. And that’s how the whole Anti-Britney girl era movement started which kinda was a thing around 2002-2004 and Avril was the most prominent figure of that movement.

Avril had a lot of marketing and a role to play, if Britney danced and was sexy, Avril would be punk and skateboarding, if Britney would come across as a dumb blonde Avril would be portrayed as the clever girl, if Britney was a bombshell Avril would play the “relatable” girl. Etc, like a Ying & Yang thing.

Avril obviously had to play the game so she had to shade Britney during her early career (instructed by her label). But deep inside Avril was freaking cool with Britney and even liked her music. It was just business and label strategies.

Avril was so well done based on this strategy that IMO she was literally the “Punk Britney”.
                                              Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu May 21st, 2020, 17:59.

Comment

I don’t know. I think Avril was a label response to Britney.

Britney was the sexy barbie pop girl and executives knew there was a market for the Anti-Britney strategy, like what about a teen girl idol who is the antithesis of Britney and instead she writes her own songs, is one of the boys, sings punk-pop music and dresses in punk fashion? , there was a potential market for that to be filled. And that’s how the whole Anti-Britney girl era movement started which kinda was a thing around 2002-2004 and Avril was the most prominent figure of that movement.

Avril had a lot of marketing and a role to play, if Britney danced and was sexy, Avril would be punk and skateboarding, if Britney would come across as a dumb blonde Avril would be portrayed as the clever girl, if Britney was a bombshell Avril would play the “relatable” girl. Etc, like a Ying & Yang thing.

Avril obviously had to play the game so she had to shade Britney during her early career (instructed by yer label). But deep inside Avril was freaking cool with Britney and even liked her music. It was just business and label strategies.

Avril was so well done based on this strategy that IMO she was literally the “Punk Britney”.
                                                Yes Avril influenced artists like Hey Monday,Ed Sheeran,Paramore,Selena Gomez,Demi Lovato,Billie Eilish later on and lots more! Btw Avril has a song called Dumb Blonde on her latest album Head Above Water(2019)

What is Britney Spears most successful album/era?

Comment

What is Britney Spears most successful album/era?
                                                  “Baby One More Time” is her best selling album BUT overall as a whole era (combining touring + sales + critical success, etc) I’d say “Oops I Did It Again” era was her biggest musical moment.

As a celebrity or fame-wise the “Britney Era” might’ve been her biggest though as around that time she was everywhere (Award shows, releasing album and singles, doing commercials and deals with brands, releasing movies, doing cameos, Pepsi deals, the perfect relationship with Justin Timberlake on the media, doing tours and releasing video games and all kind of merchandise) to the point that in 2002 she ended up being named as “The Most Powerful Celebrity In The World” by Forbes so that might be her fame peak.
                                                  Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu May 21st, 2020, 18:12.

Comment

“Baby One More Time” is her best selling album BUT overall as a whole era (combining touring + sales + critical success, etc) I’d say “Oops I Did It Again” era was her biggest musical moment.

As a celebrity or fame-wise the “Britney Era” might’ve been her biggest though as around that time she was everywhere (Award shows, releasing album and singles, doing commercials and deals with brands, releasing movies, doing cameos, Pepsi deals, the perfect relationship with Justin Timberlake on the media, doing tours and releasing video games and all kind of merchandise) to the point that in 2002 she ended up being named as “The Most Powerful Celebrity In The World” so that might be her fame peak.
                                                    Great.Awesome.Thanks for the info.You have any other site I can add you if its okay?

Comment

Great.Awesome.Thanks for the info.
                                                      Yeah and it didn’t end there ... after doing that with those albums she then had her artistic peak when she released “In The Zone” and “Toxic”, then she released “Blackout” which became her “career album” or her most appreciated material , then with “Circus” she had a comeback (after having personal problems and controversial scandals) and did the biggest tour of her career, then “Femme Fatale” was her best performing Radio era on the Billboard charts .... she was just achieving and doing new things with each album. After that she stopped selling records but she had huge success with her “Piece Of Me” Show (which served as both a Vegas Residency and a global Tour).

Originally posted by Meeran Qureshi View Post
                                                      You have any other site I can add you if its okay?
                                                      I only use this site.

Comment

• I've been listening to In the zone all day. Makes me feel 16 again. Probably my fav Britney album
                                                        Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                                          I've been listening to In the zone all day. Makes me feel 16 again. Probably my fav Britney album
                                                          Even songs that didn’t make the cut for “In The Zone” are gems.

One of my favorites is “Instant Deja Vu”:

Comment

Yesssss!! This era was just fantastic for her. Until the knee surgery of course. Plus the tour was fantastic. Other than her butchering everytime live
                                                            Love you like a love song!

Comment

Wow, never heard this song before. Reminds me of "Autumn Goodbye", it sounds like her earlier albums.
                                                              http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Working...
                                                              X