X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myworld
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Happy anniversary to “Piece Of Me” single.

14 years ago today, Britney addressed the media, paparazzi and pop culture on her critically acclaimed “Piece Of Me” song which served as Blackout’s second single.

The song will reach 100M streams on Spotify in a few weeks, it’s eligible to 2x Platinum in USA and was certified Gold in the UK.

It reached the Top 10 in 13 countries (including #2 in the UK chart and #1 Ireland), made it to #15 on Rolling Stone’s 100 Best Songs Of 2007 list and won Video Of The year at the MTV Video Music Awards.

——

“Piece Of Me” was such a fascinating single. ​I don’t think Britney ever got such strong back to back singles like she had with: Gimme More - Piece Of Me - Break The Ice sequence.
    Blackout singles = truly iconic and timeless

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Happy anniversary to “Piece Of Me” single.

14 years ago today, Britney addressed the media, paparazzi and pop culture on her critically acclaimed “Piece Of Me” song which served as Blackout’s second single.

The song will reach 100M streams on Spotify in a few weeks, it’s eligible to 2x Platinum in USA and was certified Gold in the UK.

It reached the Top 10 in 13 countries (including #2 in the UK chart and #1 Ireland), made it to #15 on Rolling Stone’s 100 Best Songs Of 2007 list and won Video Of The year at the MTV Video Music Awards.

——

“Piece Of Me” was such a fascinating single. ​I don’t think Britney ever got such strong back to back singles like she had with: Gimme More - Piece Of Me - Break The Ice sequence.

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    She's so iconic

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    So Iconic to frame Diana’s picture in her house

Britney probably relate to her a lot.
    She also has a picture of herself from a 2016 photoshoot in her bedroom which is even more iconic. She knows exactly what she did that year.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    So Iconic to frame Diana’s picture in her house

Britney probably relates to her a lot.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri November 26, 2021, 23:59.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

I don’t know, I think it’s a little weird - Diana was killed trying to escape a media mob, in scenes Britney very easily could have emulated back in 2007.

I know the conservatorship was abusive, but I’ll always be glad it saved her from that entire mess - because back then it really wouldn’t have shocked anyone had she died.
    Paparazzi are taking pictures of her house with helicopters and camping outside her gated community again btw. Infuriating how they have learned nothing.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

From where did you get that?
    We're besties I'm at her house all the time! in my dreams at least

No you can see it in Sam's Insta story lol

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
    Britney has a framed picture of Princess Diana in her house and I think that’s iconic. :,)
    I don’t know, I think it’s a little weird - Diana was killed trying to escape a media mob, in scenes Britney very easily could have emulated back in 2007.

I know the conservatorship was abusive, but I’ll always be glad it saved her from that entire mess - because back then it really wouldn’t have shocked anyone had she died.

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Britney has a framed picture of Princess Diana in her house and I think that’s iconic. :,)
    From where did you get that?

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Jennifer Lopez was at her peak too during that year, she even had a bigger era with J to Tha L-O! and This is Me... Then. I think the reason Madonna wanted her was because she was also tabloid fodder (Bennifer was the Brangelina then) and vocally they were more of in the same boat. It was confirmed because Christina had her own medley performance slated that evening.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied

Yeah, I read about that but personally I feel Madonna made the right choice with Xtina and Britney they were very big those days it wouldn't have made the news the way it did otherwise.
    The universe conspired to make it legendary with the right people. Anyone other than Britney and Christina just wouldn’t have been iconic in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Christina was always the spare part, sadly. Madonna wanted JLo and Pink ahead of Christina, even though Britney and Christina were the biggest female stars in 2003.
    Yeah, I read about that but personally I feel Madonna made the right choice with Xtina and Britney they were very big those days it wouldn't have made the news the way it did otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied

Christina was also there
    Christina was always the spare part, sadly. Madonna wanted JLo and Pink ahead of Christina, even though Britney and Christina were the biggest female stars in 2003.

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Madonna said that kissing Britney was one of the most memorable moments of her career. Oh wow. Oh wow!
    Christina was also there

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Madonna said that kissing Britney was one of the most memorable moments of her career. Oh wow. Oh wow!
    Madonna has had so many highlights and memorable moments, she has the greatest career among females so her to say that kissing Britney was one of her memorable moments is so welcoming to me.

The mutual admiration, good vibes and respect have always been there.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    In fairness, as a Madonna fan, that whole performance is definitely one of her career highs.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

I bet she likes that remix more than the original and that was probably the sound she wanted from will.i.am for BJ since it was supposed to be "urban". We lost. ;-;
    Britney listening and jamming to her own songs in her car (the other day was “Lonely”)

We love a self-centered bitch

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

I bet she likes that remix more than the original and that was probably the sound she wanted from will.i.am for BJ since it was supposed to be "urban". We lost. ;-;

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Britney seen shopping yesterday:

She so smol and adorable I wanna put her in my pocket

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    It’s official guys , Britney gained +1 million new Insta followers in the last 12 days

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    A big celebrity like Britney is shopping at Zara, she's so relatable

I love those boots and her skirt, Baby one more time part 2 is coming

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Britney seen shopping yesterday:

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied