• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracy Chapman

A very good artists who managed to cough up some classics:

Give Me One Good Reason
    Baby, Can I Hold You?
    Fast Car

Fast Car is wonderful. My other favourites would be Telling Stories, Give Me One Reason and Talkin Bout' A Revolution.

Comment

The "Tracy Chapman" album from 1988 is simply outstanding. One of the very best singer-songwriters albums ever.
      BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & BARBRA STREISAND celebrating their 9th #1 albums this year. Still making history...

Comment

She has just recieved her 11th Grammy Nomination for last years "Our Bright Future".

http://www.tracychapman.com/

Comment

A number of her songs have re-entered the iTunes top 1000. Anyone know why?

154. The Promise - Tracy Chapman (2005)

175. Fast Car - Tracy Chapman

600. Baby Can I Hold You - Tracy Chapman

997. Talkin' Bout a Revolution - Tracy Chapman
          Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

Genuinely one of the better singer-songwriters of the last three decades. She has written some splendid songs

Comment

Swim star Sharron Davies and Pavel Aubrechtís Strictly Come Dancing [sic] routine to Tracy Chapmanís Fast Car stimulated a 408.4% increase in demand for the track, which catapults into the Top 75 (number 57, 5,074 sales) for the first time since 1988.

Comment

Last year it was at #57 - this week, it's at #58 in the UK Top 40, this time with a greater 630.8% increase in demand, and a greater sale of 5,273

Comment

After only about 3 and a half hours, too!

#8 iTunes.
                  Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

"Fast Car" is now Top 5 on iTunes :-)
                    My Hot 20 Of The Week

My Twitter

Comment

And inside the top 5 on the first UK midweeks, too

Highest position ever, if it keeps it up!

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28

KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I didn't see the 19 year old on Britain's Got Talent, but considering the show was on Saturday, stunned this is now #3 on ITunes
                          RIP The Queen Of Disco

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28

4 (58)

A shame she can never get past this one song, though. Her last album sank without trace. Even Radio 2 ignores her.

Comment

In my opinion, the chart performance of this song shows how shit music is nowadays. Any classic song performed on TV shop might score #1 this days, simply because of lack good music in the hit lists.... :-?

I'm so glad this has done so good in UK chart. I hope more classics would chart as high more often
                              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini

A shame she can never get past this one song, though. Her last album sank without trace. Even Radio 2 ignores her.
                                Indeed!

Follow-ups "Talkin 'bout A Revolution" and "Baby Can I Hold You" were huge radio hits at home in Ireland (where Fast Car topped the chart) and even if they didn't do quite as well as that first big hit on the sales chart - reaching #13 and #22 respectively - they're ingrained in my head as if they were just as big as Fast Car. No doubt helped by the fact that a "happy-clappy" style priest decided to teach us "Baby Can I Hold You" in a class retreat in late 1989 - while simultaneously slagging off Rob 'n' Raz & Leila K who had appeared on that week's Top Of The Pops!!!! No wonder then that Boyzone chose to cover "Baby" and a shame that that's the version that became a hit in the UK. It's hard to credit that neither of her follow-up singles managed to crack the Top 75 in the UK. Of course, neither is as magical as "Fast Car" - but they're not that bad that they deserved to be totally overlooked.

Comment

Tracy's music has been consistently of a really high standard since the first album.

Blondini is right, it's such a shame she isn't picked up by Radio 2. She doesn't do chat shows or anything so it's difficult for word of her new releases to get around.

2008's "Sing For You" could have been a top 40 hit.
                                  Sing For You - http://youtu.be/biHImZGkEXc

Comment

Fast Car still in the top 10 midweek chart.

Amazing.
                                    Some like to Clutch at Straws.

Comment

I heard this song after Britains Got Talent. Love it now

Comment

I love Tracy Chapman, her self-titled debut is one of my favourite albums of all time. "Talkin' Bout a Revolution" and "Fast Car" will always remain classics.

Comment

Can't stop listening to "Fast Car" and "Talkin Bout A Revolution". Fantastic songs.
                                          My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Love "Fast Car"!

Comment

Her first album is one of the greatest debuts ever... although unfortunately that album was so strong that she never quite could come near its success, even though stateside she did have a big second hit in 1996 with "Give Me One Reason"
                                              My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Originally posted by Benny
                                                Can't stop listening to "Fast Car" and "Talkin Bout A Revolution". Fantastic songs.

Comment

Her album "Our Bright Future" is really good!
                                                  My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X