Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Céline Dion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by GetBack
    Originally posted by Wmosi
    I'll definitely give that album a listen tonight!!!
    If you're a fan of the 1990s pop-ballad sound, you will love it!

    Recommended tracks:
    "If You Asked Me To"
    "Beauty and the Beast" (with Peabo Bryson)
    "I Love You, Goodbye"
    "Water from the Moon"
    "With This Tear"
    "Nothing Broken But My Heart"

    Originally posted by Wmosi
    How many studio albums does Celine have in total...??
    13 French and 10 English studio albums! Gazillion compilations in between!
    Thanks GetBack!!!!
    So she has 23 albums in total??

    Where do i even start.....lol
    Photoshoot fresh... I'm about to call the paparazzi on myself.

    Comment


    • Start with Unison, which is probably her poorest album. Leave her French albums for the time being, you'll come to learn to appreciate them after you've given a couple of her English albums a listen, and you can see the difference between how she sings in the two languages

      Like a moron, I've obsessed myself once more with Water From The Moon

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Wmosi
        Originally posted by GetBack
        Originally posted by Wmosi
        I'll definitely give that album a listen tonight!!!
        If you're a fan of the 1990s pop-ballad sound, you will love it!

        Recommended tracks:
        "If You Asked Me To"
        "Beauty and the Beast" (with Peabo Bryson)
        "I Love You, Goodbye"
        "Water from the Moon"
        "With This Tear"
        "Nothing Broken But My Heart"

        Originally posted by Wmosi
        How many studio albums does Celine have in total...??
        13 French and 10 English studio albums! Gazillion compilations in between!
        Thanks GetBack!!!!
        So she has 23 albums in total??

        Where do i even start.....lol
        Wmosi, 04wayne is right. Start from Unison, until you reach Taking Chances! Let us know what you think!

        Comment


        • I will!!
          Photoshoot fresh... I'm about to call the paparazzi on myself.

          Comment


          • Wayne, listen to Water from the moon live since you love it

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLYaraIT-ho

            Comment


            • Most of her fans prefer her french material. I will say the following:

              her Dion Chante Plamondon, D'Eux and S'il suffisait d'aimer albums are masterpieces that alone outweigh the catalogs of any other major diva since Streisand. In those 3 albums she covered more genres than any diva has covered and did them with vocal brilliance and purity that i have never heard, except maybe from Miss Ella Fitzgerald.

              She sings the songs on these albums with so much conviction, passion, intensity, vulnerability, whatever each song required. Those 3 albums alone are enough to establish her as one of the best ever. The rest of the albums only cemented her position as one of the best and most probably (for me at least) the best ever

              Comment


              • Originally posted by pat200
                Wayne, listen to Water from the moon live since you love it

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLYaraIT-ho
                Always loved that performance! This year will represent my 11th year of love/fanatacism for this woman, never wavered. Water From The Moon is now possibly one of my favourite songs ever by any act, its so incredible.

                I also wholeheartedly agree with your comments about her French material, and I think that D'elles (whilst not in the same league as the three French albums you mentioned) is criminally underrated

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 04wayne
                  Originally posted by pat200
                  Wayne, listen to Water from the moon live since you love it

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLYaraIT-ho
                  Always loved that performance! This year will represent my 11th year of love/fanatacism for this woman, never wavered. Water From The Moon is now possibly one of my favourite songs ever by any act, its so incredible.

                  I also wholeheartedly agree with your comments about her French material, and I think that D'elles (whilst not in the same league as the three French albums you mentioned) is criminally underrated
                  i would had included D'elles had it not been for her terrible enunciation and nasality on many songs. most of the songs are very good, and the lyrics are very good as well, On S'est aime a cause and si j'etais quelqu'un are amazing.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by pat200
                    Most of her fans prefer her french material. I will say the following:

                    her Dion Chante Plamondon, D'Eux and S'il suffisait d'aimer albums are masterpieces that alone outweigh the catalogs of any other major diva since Streisand. In those 3 albums she covered more genres than any diva has covered and did them with vocal brilliance and purity that i have never heard
                    I absolutely adore her French work, totally agree with you!

                    Comment


                    • I need to get back to my Queen. Been overdosing on Mylene for a few months now, so I think its time I get back and start off playing On S'est Aime a Cause. Gosh, that song just leaves me teary eye every time I listen to it[/i]
                      Dans ce convoi de larmes
                      Je te dédie ma mort
                      Et je saigne, saigne encore...

                      Comment


                      • huge fan of Céline checking in.

                        lately, I've been listening to 'Terre' and 'Skies of L.A.' non-stop.

                        my top ten favourites songs of hers are:

                        (10) Une colombe
                        (9) Eyes On Me
                        (8) Un garçon pas comme les autres (Ziggy)
                        (7) Because You Loved Me
                        (6) River Deep, Mountain High
                        (5) Vole
                        (4) If You Asked Me To
                        (3) the slow version of A New Day Has Come
                        (2) My Heart Will Go On
                        (1) Reveal

                        Comment


                        • God, how little discussion can one act garner, in one of the most publicised comebacks of the year?

                          Anyway, in Vegas she proved a lot of people wrong. WHAT.A.VOICE.

                          Comment


                          • ^
                            What do you mean, Wayney?
                            Dans ce convoi de larmes
                            Je te dédie ma mort
                            Et je saigne, saigne encore...

                            Comment


                            • Nothing Broken But My Heart is my jam right now!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by lundpop
                                ^
                                What do you mean, Wayney?
                                That she's still got a great voice!

                                And Nothing Broken But My Heart is a fantastic record, the clarity in her voice back then was brilliant

                                Comment


                                • Wayne....finally!! I've missed you + your posts!!!!
                                  Photoshoot fresh... I'm about to call the paparazzi on myself.

                                  Comment


                                  • I've heard about the lipping at the show but I'll not say much about it; I think it's expected.

                                    What I wanted to say was how glad I am that she FINALLY ditched her old set list. I'm not sure what I think about all the covers though, especially Open Arms (strange choice). I suppose it gives her the opportunity of releasing a new live album that doesn't have all the usual songs on it.

                                    Comment


                                    • Yeah, you have to not read too much into the lipping though; there is much less than last time, and this time the majority of songs are live, just certain big notes - there's a nice write up about it at CDF.

                                      For e.g. her All By Myself performance from March 16th contains the same pre-recorded E5 she used on her Taking Chances tour. However, during that very same performance, she hit [and held] an incredible Eb5 at the end, her best such note since the 90's! Watch here - the Eb5 is at 4:58 ish

                                      Comment


                                      • It's a pretty good Eb5. I don't agree with people who say she's maintained her voice though. It sounds a lot more nasal than it did in the 90s.

                                        Comment


                                        • ^ I totally agree! It was already very nasally, but after her first Vegas run, its been too evident and even now, after the certain 'voice lessons' that she's been taking, its still present. Sure, she can still sing most of her songs and still hit (and miss) the same notes, but at what cost? The texture and the clarity is missing. It pains me a lot to see how she's handled her voice in lieu of monetary gains for her husband's greed.

                                          Her discipline's lost and I doubt it would ever come back. I would be banned/warned on CDF for saying this, but good that this is UKMIX and I can't rant my heart out how greedy a man can be, especially at this age. I don't know when Rene would have had enough of wasting and sucking the talent out of Celine for his greed. I don't like him at all. Sure Celine loves him, but that doesn't make me like him at all. I think its time to put grandpa Angelil to rest and someone else to manage her. He can stay at home and take care of the twins or lock himself up in the casino, but just get him away from the career decisions of Celine :evil:
                                          Dans ce convoi de larmes
                                          Je te dédie ma mort
                                          Et je saigne, saigne encore...

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by lundpop
                                            ^ I totally agree! It was already very nasally, but after her first Vegas run, its been too evident and even now, after the certain 'voice lessons' that she's been taking, its still present. Sure, she can still sing most of her songs and still hit (and miss) the same notes, but at what cost? The texture and the clarity is missing. It pains me a lot to see how she's handled her voice in lieu of monetary gains for her husband's greed.

                                            Her discipline's lost and I doubt it would ever come back. I would be banned/warned on CDF for saying this, but good that this is UKMIX and I can't rant my heart out how greedy a man can be, especially at this age. I don't know when Rene would have had enough of wasting and sucking the talent out of Celine for his greed. I don't like him at all. Sure Celine loves him, but that doesn't make me like him at all. I think its time to put grandpa Angelil to rest and someone else to manage her. He can stay at home and take care of the twins or lock himself up in the casino, but just get him away from the career decisions of Celine :evil:
                                            haha u wont get banned at cdf u would be surprised many agree with u. the clarity is gone there is no denying it. she lost some of her texture but her voice has matured and gained some richness to it. nasality is something she always had with her, again french is a very nasal language. during her first vegas shows, it got to a point it was unbearable. her tc tour was also very nasal, and even though she still is nasal here it is much less than the last two tours. i think though that after a few months it will get back there hahaha

                                            having said that, she still is the best damn voice in the music business and can sing all genres like no other can.

                                            Comment


                                            • PJ, I totally agree with you, which is why it annoys and also, hurts me to see where she is heading. At one point, she was where very few artists could've touched her. And then suddenly, she (or Rene or her management or Lord alone knows who) killed her once sparkling career. The only thing still keeping me as her lifelong fan is her humility and grace which I doubt any other female legend could be compared with.

                                              But its just me, a frustrated fan, who is just waiting for her to bring the magic of her francophone career to the banality of her anglophone one.

                                              As for CDF, I'm not sure whether or not you know of the politics that's shrouding it. It definitely is THE place to be to get any info on Celine, but the members (especially the new ones) are being creepier day by day. I don't even want to express how I feel about certain someones there :x
                                              Dans ce convoi de larmes
                                              Je te dédie ma mort
                                              Et je saigne, saigne encore...

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by lundpop
                                                PJ, I totally agree with you, which is why it annoys and also, hurts me to see where she is heading. At one point, she was where very few artists could've touched her. And then suddenly, she (or Rene or her management or Lord alone knows who) killed her once sparkling career. The only thing still keeping me as her lifelong fan is her humility and grace which I doubt any other female legend could be compared with.

                                                But its just me, a frustrated fan, who is just waiting for her to bring the magic of her francophone career to the banality of her anglophone one.

                                                As for CDF, I'm not sure whether or not you know of the politics that's shrouding it. It definitely is THE place to be to get any info on Celine, but the members (especially the new ones) are being creepier day by day. I don't even want to express how I feel about certain someones there :x
                                                i am on cdf (one of the very old members there since 05 i think). and i dont think you would get banned for saying ur mind as long as it is done in a polite way, which so far u have been doing
                                                i think celine is just tired of the whole business. if it were up to her i guess she would record albums and that is it. spend her time enjoying her life and maybe give a concert here and there. while those vegas residencies consolidate her megasuperstar status, they are certainly taking their toll on her voice. she has nothing left to prove. i mean she is the second best selling female of all time, one of the top ten best selling artists of all time and one of the top grossing touring artist of all time. that show was really useless, even though i love the royal welcome she is getting there from vegas and the world as well

                                                p.s. what is PJ? haha

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by RightToDream
                                                  It's a pretty good Eb5. I don't agree with people who say she's maintained her voice though. It sounds a lot more nasal than it did in the 90s.
                                                  It is nasaly but I think as people get older their voice changes regardless of how well you look after it. She sounds amazing and can still hit the high notes as good as always. Tone, range are perfect. Who cares about lipping. She's proved herself time after time.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I agree with what you said, and yes, I'm a member on CDF as well and that, too since 2005 and a regular poster there

                                                    Originally posted by pat200
                                                    p.s. what is PJ? haha
                                                    I'm sorry. I totally mistook you for another Patrick
                                                    Dans ce convoi de larmes
                                                    Je te dédie ma mort
                                                    Et je saigne, saigne encore...

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X