Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123
    Why is Celine a goat though?
    Goat? Céline's a horse, Shakira is the goat..
    -Mathias

"It's the moment you think you can't, you'll discover that you can" - Céline

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
      [tweet:9ak5pydo]https://twitter.com/celineisthegoat/status/1016345062127652864[/tweet:9ak5pydo]

She does have the greatest career tbh. So not surprised they’re using it as a point of study.
      Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Montreal, Line Grenier is the first academic to study the Celine Dion phenomenon as part of her research on fame, and then on aging in popular music.
      She discussed the results of her research with La Presse.

"Gradually, critics, even the most virulent, have recognized the length of her career, which is very important, especially in pop. It has also been difficult not to salute her work ethic. The first making-of documentaries appeared and, in the case of Céline, we could measure the degree of success of the Quebec team", says Line Grenier listing the elements that have allowed Céline to rise to the rank of "national hero".

"A magazine like L'actualité that places her in the rank of national hero like Maurice Richard, it does not evacuate all critical discourse that has been worn in the past, but it says it can be seen from another angle."

"She did not leave anyone indifferent. We hated her or loved her, including people who were not interested in her music. This is where the phenomenon took its full extent and put forward a mode of celebrity that was not strictly related to the fact of pop" says the professor.
      More here (in french) http://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/201 ... e-dion.php

Comment

• Originally posted by CSCfan
        Originally posted by menime123
        Celine is the GOAT though.

GOAT = Greatest Of All Time.

Comment

• So good.

Comment

• Idolator: The 30 Best Music Videos Of 2018 (So Far)

2. “Ashes” – Celine Dion
            Celine’s Deadpool contribution is a soaring ballad, and the accompanying video provided a rare moment of levity in an action-packed year. Watching her perform the evocative anthem as the superhero dances across the stage is absurdly powerful, hysterical and brilliant.
            http://www.idolator.com/7682377/best-mu ... -half-2018

Comment

• Celine has made me laugh again with her jokes she's so funny)
              P.S: she should sing Maria Maria Carlos Santana's song
              P.S2: I'm Alive still sounds not good. But speaking about the concert in a whole, Celine is still on fire.
              [youtube:goh783en]aGGWDSt49gQ[/youtube:goh783en]
              https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
              https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life

Comment

Originally posted by CSCfan
                Celine is the GOAT though.

GOAT = Greatest Of All Time.

So my original question still stands
                Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Re: Céline Dion

[tweet:mzemrs7d]https://twitter.com/LesRedHeads/status/1017145620170203136[/tweet:mzemrs7d]

Comment

Sigh...lol #bigheads
                    -Mathias

"It's the moment you think you can't, you'll discover that you can" - Céline

Comment

• [tweetwm0pq9l]https://twitter.com/makicelinelove/status/1017268730059939840[/tweetwm0pq9l]

Stunning!

Comment

It is. Indeed

Lol wayne finally found a way to keep his dion thread alive. Constantly Posting links like our nippian.
                        YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

• [youtube:2sdz2iyv]WeVAQaEPW4U[/youtube:2sdz2iyv]

My GOD - she was untouchable as far as vocals go.

Simply, one of the most amazing live vocals you will ever hear - she outdoes even the studio version, which is just ridiculous in itself.

Comment

[youtube:36krdra4]WeVAQaEPW4U[/youtube:36krdra4]

My GOD - she was untouchable as far as vocals go.

Simply, one of the most amazing live vocals you will ever hear - she outdoes even the studio version, which is just ridiculous in itself.
                            That’s mimed - she makes a few mistakes in the last minute. But ever since seeing her live this has become one of my all time fav Celine songs.

Comment

That isn't mimed - that's just the VCR/quality.

It's all live.

Another PERFECT performance of The Reason, in its original key (along with BLYM):

[youtube:3o0k7rnq]Uc2Gdf4jxXI[/youtube:3o0k7rnq]

Comment

That isn't mimed - that's just the VCR/quality.

It's all live.

Another PERFECT performance of The Reason, in its original key (along with BLYM):

[youtube:1l9fjyez]Uc2Gdf4jxXI[/youtube:1l9fjyez]

I agree this is live. I’m still convinced the other one - where she’s dressed like she’s popping down Tesco or something - is mimed. Mimed to a pre-recording, but mimed nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by CSCfan
                                  Floped and localed

Comment

the reason performance at the lottery show was all live! and amazing!!!

Comment

• Stunning

Comment

[youtube:2206twrm]Uc2Gdf4jxXI[/youtube:2206twrm]
                                        Perfection. FIY and LTAL are my favourite Celine eras. They are her equivalent to Music Box/Daydream or Whitney Debut-Bodyguard eras, when she could do anything. The Reason is one of her hardest songs to sing, as after a gruelling belting final chorus, she has to end with an explosive G5 belt. I am always amazed at how she can effortlessly remember to sing the reduced/edited version of this song - it is edited so weirdly that the natural build-up of the song verse and middle 8 is destroyed and I would always be afraid of forgetting which parts were cut and end up singing the wrong lyric....

Comment

• I just saw the Applebee's commercial using Celine's "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" on tv

[youtube:1qsrfmeu]KRFBvVlpNcs[/youtube:1qsrfmeu]
                                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• ^ poor fried baby
                                            https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
                                            https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life

Comment

• [youtube:2zvccn8s]sudDwlf5SaI[/youtube:2zvccn8s]

Last 3 minutes - from her concert last night in Taiwan.

Love it <3

Comment

So good.
                                                LMAO wtf

Comment

[youtube:30yxey3y]sudDwlf5SaI[/youtube:30yxey3y]

Last 3 minutes - from her concert last night in Taiwan.

Love it <3
                                                  Quoted for the next page.

Comment

• She sounds amazing I don't know how she does it, with all the shows she has done in the last 15 years, with the hear issue and still able to sound like that. I'm sorry but no other come even close.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X