• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iiketheair View Post

Looking AMAZING.

Looking amazing head to toe here!
    DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

• She looks radiant. I can't wait for her to promote Courage. ( was about to type Caution lol). My queens.
      My Chart

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• She stopped by a karaoke bar that was hosting an album release party and performed Flying On My Own!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B45EkZI..._web_copy_link

Comment

• she is a queen. im so in love with that album now after a few listens. her voice is really a gift.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by pat200 View Post
                she is a queen. im so in love with that album now after a few listens. her voice is really a gift.
                I agree. She is the best. I love her so much. I am so grateful for the new album. She slayed it.
                My Chart

Comment

• The album display at Fnac Paris, France

"Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                  - Time

Comment

• She recorded her performance for Macy’s thanksgiving parade today. She sang Imperfections.

Comment

• Rolling Stone rated Courage 3.5/5

Celine Dion’s ‘Courage’ Has Her Believing in Life After Love
                      The singer’s first English-language album in six years is the sound of a woman overcoming personal loss and getting her groove back.

Celine Dion didn’t really have much need for a “comeback.” She is one of the biggest-selling artists of all time, has been hailed as one of the greatest, most versatile voices in history and for years reigned supreme over Las Vegas as its highest-paid act. Not a single wedding or karaoke bar in the world has gotten through an evening without at least one of her songs tearing down the roof, brimming with nostalgia and that signature French-Canadian accented warble.

Dion’s last English-language album, Loved Me Back to Life, was released in 2013. One month later, her husband and manager René Angélil was diagnosed with throat cancer. Two and a half years later, he died, leaving Dion without him for the first time in her career.

Even if Dion didn’t need a comeback, in the years since she re-entered the public eye following Angélil’s passing, she’s been a woman getting her groove back. She found freedom in daring fashion experimentations and relentlessly showcases how naturally, flamboyantly hilarious she is. With Courage, another foray into modern pop from a woman who could effectively sing you Twitter timelines for two hours straight and still make moms everywhere burst into tears, Dion makes you hope she’ll never need to make an actual comeback for as long as we have her.

As with Loved Me Back to Life, Dion has assembled a surprising team of producers and writers to help keep her sound fresh. Sia, Greg Kurstin, Maureen McDonald and Sam Smith are some of the obvious choices. But as we’ve seen from her public persona of late, Dion is full of surprises: EDM superstar David Guetta and Eminem collaborator DJ Khalil are among the crew that help give this album an EDM-pop edge.

Courage aptly opens with single “Flying on My Own,” the first taste of how unique this LP is for the singer. Starting off like any empowering power ballad, the song escalates into a fully wash of clubby drum fills and synths that sound primed for the the laser filled Vegas nightclubs just a stone’s throw away from her for so many years.

Across the LP, the dance-pop moments thrive best when there’s a touch of campiness, which is where Dion’s excellent performance skills shine. The gothic touch of “Lovers Never Die” allows her to sassily brood while “Imperfections” has her showcasing several Top 40 pop trends at once: snap beat, clipped vocal phrasing. On “How Did You Get Here,” she has a Motown soul moment, flexing the heartier end of her range over choir-like harmonies.

As with anything Dion does, the throaty ballads where she flexes her multi-octave mezzo-soprano are the true gems. “The Chase” feels like classic power-ballad Dion while “I Will Be Stronger” is a shining slice of tear-jerking inspiration from the queen of tear-jerking inspiration.

Consider Courage to be Dion’s version of Cher’s Believe: an album that arrived at exactly the right time and proved to a new generation that she’s worth revisiting and recognizing as a diva very capable of keeping up with the times.
                      https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...review-913155/
                      Last edited by dhenapie; Sat November 16, 2019, 01:55.
                      "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                      - Time

Comment

• My adorable fashionista😍

https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
                        https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life

Comment

• Can anyone make out the lyrics to "Soul"?

No big grenade, no bullet
                          Won't let it get under my skin, under my skin, yeah

Most [??] on earth [??]
                          Was no way I won't let them in, won't let them in

Comment

• Can anyone make out the lyrics to "Soul"?

Most [??] on earth [??]

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                              Reminded me here christmas tree lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Christinamuse View Post
                                My adorable fashionista��

These first 2 are cringe, but the rest is nice

Comment

• So, album is actually out. Let's talk about your opinions!

Comment

• She looks amazing in all of those photos but the leather pants outfit looks stunning!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by quilmrt View Post
                                        Can anyone make out the lyrics to "Soul"?

Most [??] on earth [??]
                                        -Mathias

"It's the moment you think you can't, you'll discover that you can" - Céline

Comment

• Comment

• ^ What a freaking MOMENT!

Comment

• AllMusic gave a 4/5 rating for Courage.

Her first English-language effort following a pair of mid-decade personal tragedies, Celine Dion's 12th set Courage is a transformative, cathartic release for the powerhouse vocalist that carries listeners through her process of healing and moving on. While the deaths of her husband and brother inform much of the album, they do not completely define it. Rather, Dion's phoenix-from-the-ashes power shines and reveals a confident rebirth as she rebuilds life and reclaims herself. Paired with its intentionally uplifting French-language predecessor, 2016's Encore un Soir, Courage continues to track Dion's grief, just with a contemporary pop angle. While the comforting Encore was suffused with traditional pop-guitar backing, Courage grasps the spirit of the late 2010s with vigor, recruiting a team of co-writers including David Guetta and Skylar Grey. Producers LAUV, DallasK, Greg Kurstin, and the Stereotypes also liven up the affair by injecting the album with throwback R&B ("How Did You Get Here"), soulful gospel ("I Will Be Stronger"), electronic dance ("Flying on My Own"), and even country-pop ("The Chase"). Sia, in particular, makes an indelible impact. The last time they worked together was on the title track from 2013's Loved Me Back to Life. Here, she stamps her brand onto a pair of highlights (a third is found on the deluxe edition) and their spirits entwine to such an extent that even on tracks where they are separated (like "Lovers Never Die" and "Change My Mind"), Dion affects Sia's vocal stylings and makes them her own. Indeed, Dion's vocal acrobatics remain in fine form and, no matter who is sharing the credits, every moment belongs to Dion.

Courage is buffered by a heavy dose of mid-tempo bloodletting that serves as therapeutic processing for herself (and as vulnerable confessionals to her fans). That inimitable voice soars throughout, but it reaches an album peak on the shiver-inducing title track. Sung directly to her late husband, René Angélil, the sweeping ballad is the heart of the set, a vulnerable and emotionally resonant conversation that is both a tearjerker and a showstopper. Similarly heartbreaking moments appear elsewhere, which Dion is sure to balance with moving, up-tempo anthems centered on rebirth and moving on with life. After over 20 years of marriage, Dion is suddenly free and single, finding new love and embracing middle age with confidence and maturity. These heartwarming moments are fascinating to hear, especially from someone who has been in the limelight since the late '70s. Dion opens herself to new things on "Say Yes," works on her self-confidence with "Imperfections," and bravely allows someone new into her heart with "Falling in Love Again." With unprecedented access and insight into Dion's world following such a life-changing few years, Courage is a triumph of spirit and resolve.
                                              https://www.allmusic.com/album/courage-mw0003320790
                                              - Time

Comment

• Originally posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post
                                                So, album is actually out. Let's talk about your opinions!

Honestly, on first listen I was underwhelmed but I'm on my third spin and it is growing on me. 20 tracks is too much and some songs are absolute fillers (*cough* Sia needs to go *cough*).
                                                MARIAH

Comment

• Originally posted by heartlocked View Post
                                                  some songs are absolute fillers (*cough* Sia needs to go *cough*).
                                                  Yes! The Sia tracks are not good. Heart of Glass is the only one I’d keep if I cut the filler but it’s still pretty basic.

Comment

• Originally posted by heartlocked View Post
                                                    Honestly, on first listen I was underwhelmed but I'm on my third spin and it is growing on me. 20 tracks is too much and some songs are absolute fillers (*cough* Sia needs to go *cough*).
                                                    The Sia tracks are rehashes of rehashes at this stage.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X