No announcement yet.

Céline Dion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this live version. I can't remember what it was, but I bought a CD single of a Celine song and this was one of the bonus tracks. It was the first time I really focused on Celine singing live (or dubbed live...whatever) - I had seen her sing live on TV before of course, but always had a prejudice that she was just a Whitney/Mariah wannabe, so it was impossible for her to impress me beyond being a "good singer but nothing REALLY special". But I listened to this live version and her little runs and adlibs and variations really wowed me. Also, the band was phenomenal on this song. After this, I really started taking note of Celine as a real musician and not "just" a vanilla singer.

Comment

• Probably the best live of this song. This song is like a second breath to me
      P.S: I love her look here. This dress looks so good on her.
      https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
      https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
        Love this live version. I can't remember what it was, but I bought a CD single of a Celine song and this was one of the bonus tracks. It was the first time I really focused on Celine singing live (or dubbed live...whatever) - I had seen her sing live on TV before of course, but always had a prejudice that she was just a Whitney/Mariah wannabe, so it was impossible for her to impress me beyond being a "good singer but nothing REALLY special". But I listened to this live version and her little runs and adlibs and variations really wowed me. Also, the band was phenomenal on this song. After this, I really started taking note of Celine as a real musician and not "just" a vanilla singer.
        Where Does My Heart Beat Now was added on some versions of the "celine dion" album. I don't know to which cd-single it was added as a bonus track. When did you first hear Celine Dion?
        Because she was around longer than Mariah and Whitney. As for her English work, she started in the same year as Mariah. So she couldn't have been a Whitney/Mariah wannabe...
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I know - isn't it weird? I followed the US radio chart countdowns, so I would have been introduced to Mariah in June 1990 and Celine in Oct/Nov 1990. Yet in my mind, Mariah was an instant equal to Whitney, while Celine wasn't. I think perhaps it was due to Mariah's first 5 songs all reaching US#1, while Celine didn't have the early big chart #1s, so in my teenage mind, she was "a lesser". Also, Mariah and Whitney's richer RnB voices sounded fatter than Celine's steely ice vocals (which are equally as brilliant - but just not what I wanted to hear back then). Plus Celine didn't do the extreme vocal pyrotechnics of the other two.

So even though they were introduced to the English market at the same year, it always seemed like Celine was trailing. It also didn't help that I remember a Rick Dees Top 40 countdown where she gave an interview or something and said she couldn't believe WDMHBN hadn't been snapped up by Whitney or Mariah, so she was very glad to record the song on her own album. That reinforced in my mind that she was singing the rejects from Nippy and Meemz...

For some reason, it was only during the Colour of My Love that she started beginning to register to my mind as a Ultra-prime vocalist and then during Falling Into You, when she hit lots of G5s (I think - or at least started singing lots of higher notes and doing more runs) that she became top tier in my mind. Then LTAL cemented her in my mind as a member of the Vocal Trinity.

Comment

• What’s she teasing? Looks like a giant pinball machine - she going to be a game show host now?
            I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

• A new Vegas show most definitely

Comment

• Well, we know she's definitely going back to Vegas so probably that.

Comment

• When I first saw it I thought she was doing The Voice Hopefully it's not Vegas!
                  http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                    What’s she teasing? Looks like a giant pinball machine - she going to be a game show host now?
                    Honestly that would be much interesting! The Celine Dion Show. I would stan.
                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Is there any TTWII live from early show 2002 in HQ?

Comment

• Carrie Underwood and Zedd also released teaser vids.

apparently they are playing at this Resort World in Las Vegas

https://www.rwlasvegas.com/entertainment/

Comment

• Just read Jim Steinman died.

Only a week after Celine released the making of It's All Coming Back To Me Now.

Comment

• RIP. He truly created a timeless masterpiece. And I'm happy that this masterpiece had a huge success thanks to Celine's magical voice. (P.S: I've just listened to Pandora's Box version and it sounds absolutely horrible to me)
                            https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
                            https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                              I know - isn't it weird? I followed the US radio chart countdowns, so I would have been introduced to Mariah in June 1990 and Celine in Oct/Nov 1990. Yet in my mind, Mariah was an instant equal to Whitney, while Celine wasn't. I think perhaps it was due to Mariah's first 5 songs all reaching US#1, while Celine didn't have the early big chart #1s, so in my teenage mind, she was "a lesser". Also, Mariah and Whitney's richer RnB voices sounded fatter than Celine's steely ice vocals (which are equally as brilliant - but just not what I wanted to hear back then). Plus Celine didn't do the extreme vocal pyrotechnics of the other two.

So even though they were introduced to the English market at the same year, it always seemed like Celine was trailing. It also didn't help that I remember a Rick Dees Top 40 countdown where she gave an interview or something and said she couldn't believe WDMHBN hadn't been snapped up by Whitney or Mariah, so she was very glad to record the song on her own album. That reinforced in my mind that she was singing the rejects from Nippy and Meemz...

For some reason, it was only during the Colour of My Love that she started beginning to register to my mind as a Ultra-prime vocalist and then during Falling Into You, when she hit lots of G5s (I think - or at least started singing lots of higher notes and doing more runs) that she became top tier in my mind. Then LTAL cemented her in my mind as a member of the Vocal Trinity.
                              Thank you for your post. I've always found interesting to lean more about how and when Celine really started to connect with the American audience. I'm from Québec, so obviously, Céline has always been around. Witney was and is still very popular and has always been seen as the one that paved the way for Celine (and all the 90s divas) in the USA and even worldwide. Mariah, for some reason, had hit singles but I think never really connected with the Canadian market at the same level as the American's.

Céline and René explained many times how it hard it has been to actually penetrate the American's market (a market that is not really known to be open to non-anglophone). They really took the baby-step approach. In my mind, Beauty in the Beast put her on the map but it's really The Power of Love that really helped her becoming a household name and ultimately, Falling Into You put her in a league on her own.

Her career is so fascinating because she had some many breakthrough moments depending on the market (D'eux for the French market, Think Twice for the UK, To Love You More for Japan). This anti-overnight success really played out in her favor.

Comment

• As expected, the surprise related to Vegas...

Comment

• She looks amazing!

Comment

• She looks great, but I expected more

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                      She looks great, but I expected more
                                      A teeny bit of me also did, but then it is Céline - she's not known for her surprises.

She's going to smash Vegas when she goes back though - I am both frustrated and excited for her $$$.

She's already the highest-grossing female artist of ALL-TIME and she needs to push that $$$ up as Taylor Swift is coming for her.

I really want her to get to $2 billion in the next few years from tours/residencies.

Comment

• Is that Katy Perry in the commercial?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

A teeny bit of me also did, but then it is Céline - she's not known for her surprises.

She's going to smash Vegas when she goes back though - I am both frustrated and excited for her $$$.

She's already the highest-grossing female artist of ALL-TIME and she needs to push that $$$ up as Taylor Swift is coming for her.

I really want her to get to $2 billion in the next few years from tours/residencies.
                                          I thought she was happy to finally have escaped from Vegas ? And she is going straight back ?
                                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I thought she was happy to finally have escaped from Vegas ? And she is going straight back ?
                                            She couldn't wait to get back, she loves Vegas.

Comment

She couldn't wait to get back, she loves Vegas.
                                              What ?! She made a speech about how she had been chained to Vegas for the last twenty years and how she finally got out of the desert before every show on her tour that I saw

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                Is that Katy Perry in the commercial?
                                                Yes she also has a residency coming up.
                                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

What ?! She made a speech about how she had been chained to Vegas for the last twenty years and how she finally got out of the desert before every show on her tour that I saw
                                                  That was just to promote the tour, she absolutely loves what Vegas gives her and her family - it's stability, regular money and little effort.

Comment

That was just to promote the tour, she absolutely loves what Vegas gives her and her family - it's stability, regular money and little effort.
                                                    Oh, i totally bought it lol

Comment

Working...
                                                    X