• Show
Clear All

• AndiIversen
    replied
    thoughts on this Wayne ?

Leave a comment:

• Christinamuse
    replied
    Iconic performance. Everything is so perfect here, her powerful voice, her grace, her elegance and these raging emotions...
    One love❤

Leave a comment:

• AlmondBreeze
    replied
    Fun. The key was obviously really too low for her, but she had space in the bridge/instrumental to really come alive with her riffs.

Leave a comment:

• GaGarazzi
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I thought all my friends deserved to have this CD and so I gave it to everyone as a present when they threw a party.
    Haha I used to do the same thing as a child when going to a friend's birthday party. My mother would ask what to get them as a present and I would always insist on gifting them my favourite albums. I remember she even questioned me once on if it was really what they wanted and I remember feeling disgusted as I was not necessarily providing them with what they 'wanted' but what I felt they 'needed'.

As for the self titled album, I've only ever listened to the singles of which I love Nothing Broken But My Heart. Given the warm reception from the page, I think I have to give it a listen in full.

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied
    ^ The two songs you love, LCMM and IYCSMN, are two of my least favorite haha. I Love You GoodBye is ok but not one of my faves and With This Tear is ok as well. Water From the Moon is great and that performance where she has long hair and her midriff is showing is one of her best.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Angeman View Post
    So i listened to the album tracks on the Celine Dion album for the first time ever today.
    I might have to say that "If I Were You" could possible become one of my favorite Celine songs. I cant believe i put off listening to the album for so long. Halfway to Heaven and a Little But of Love were nice as well.
    It was the first Celine album I bought and I was so impressed, I started to buy everything I could find and have been a fan ever since. It's her best album IMO.

If I Were You is great, but If You Could See Me Now is sung with so much emotion and Love Can Move Mountains is one of my most favorite up tempo's with that choir. I Love You Goodbye is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard along with With This Tear (even more heartbreaking than Nothing Compares 2U). And the pain in her voice when she sings Water From The Moon gets me every time. So many great songs on this album.

I loved this album so much, that back in the day I bought several copies (the guy at the shop said to me: "You do know it's the same album?" ). I thought all my friends deserved to have this CD and so I gave it to everyone as a present when they threw a party.

Leave a comment:

• Celine
    replied
    Tribute to Celine Dion on brazilian TV, program Huck's Sunday on TV Globo, 2021/09/12.

Singer - Wanessa
    Song - The Power Of Love
    Last edited by Celine; Mon September 13, 2021, 20:17.

Leave a comment:

• Celine
    replied

Uau
    Last edited by Celine; Tue September 14, 2021, 06:39.

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied
    Yes it gets lost in the shuffle of her blockbuster albums and even I succumbed to that thinking. Wish we could get a tour video from that era.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Angeman View Post
    So i listened to the album tracks on the Celine Dion album for the first time ever today.
    I might have to say that "If I Were You" could possible become one of my favorite Celine songs. I cant believe i put off listening to the album for so long. Halfway to Heaven and a Little But of Love were nice as well.
    Oh that is such an underrated record and such a mature record as well considering it was her second English language release.

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Iiketheair
    replied

And this one too. The emotion, the power.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

20 years since that iconic performance, and it's been remastered - one of her best vocals of all-time.

Leave a comment:

• sYair
    replied
    Lol, actually I didn't listen much to Courage. Even as a die hard fan, I couldn't connect at all with those songs. They all sounded the same to me.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Christinamuse View Post

Actually the same sounding. Her voice didn't change. The same nasal singing.
    I think the same. These vocals are very evident on loads of songs on Courage also.

Leave a comment:

• Christinamuse
    replied
    Originally posted by sYair View Post
    Her vocals sound better than during the Courage album thougjh.
    Actually the same sounding. Her voice didn't change. The same nasal singing.

Leave a comment:

• Christinamuse
    replied
    I wished to hear more powerful and catchy song. It's so much Sia, but not at her best) the only moment I love in this song is: 'I'm only human x2, made out of flesh and blood', this episode sounds lovely to my ears.

Leave a comment:

• sYair
    replied
    Her vocals sound better than during the Courage album thougjh.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by sYair View Post
    It ain't that bad lol
    It is quite dreadful.

Leave a comment:

• sYair
    replied
    It ain't that bad lol

Leave a comment:

• quilmrt
    replied
    For the best LOL

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by quilmrt View Post
    New Celine song was released today on Diane Warren's album.
    It's called "Superwoman"
    Lyrics here: https://genius.com/Diane-warren-superwoman-lyrics
    Shhh, I think we’re pretending it doesn’t exist.

Leave a comment:

• quilmrt
    replied
    New Celine song was released today on Diane Warren's album.
    It's called "Superwoman"
    Lyrics here: https://genius.com/Diane-warren-superwoman-lyrics

Leave a comment:

• celinebible
    replied
    Hi. So I tried listing all the possible eligible certifications of Céline Dion in the United States (RIAA):

(Some may be a bit off, some may be missing, let me know):

• Albums:
    11× Platinum — Lets Talk About Love (1m)
    ​​​​​10× Platinum — All The Way... ADOS (3m)
    7× Platinum — The Colour of My Love (1m)
    6× Platinum — These Are Special Times (1m)
    4× Platinum — A New Day Has Come (1m)
    3× Platinum — One Heart (1m)
    2× Platinum — Taking Chances (1m)
    Platinum — The Collector's Series V1 (0.5m)
    Gold — My Love: Essential Collection (0.5m)
    Gold — Loved Me Back To Life (0.5m)

•Singles:
    7× Platinum — My Heart Will Go On (6.5m)
    2× Platinum — The Power of Love (1m)
    2× Platinum — I'm Your Angel (1m)
    Platinum — All By Myself (0.5m)
    ​​​​​​Platinum — Beauty And The Beast (0.5m)

*Gold*
    Taking Chances
    O Holy Night
    Ashes
    ​​​​I'm Alive
    I Drove All Night
    Happy Xmas
    The Prayer
    Tell Him
    That's The Way It Is (Platinum maybe)
    A New Day Has Come (Platinum maybe)
    If You Asked Me To
    Where Does My Heartbeat Now

•Video long form (incomplete):
    Live In Las Vegas: A New Day — 10× Platinum (300k)
    All The Way... A Decade of Song and Video — 3× Platinum (200k)

TOTAL: 88 million (est.)

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Absolutely phenomenal record - so much variety but all centred on the theme of love.
    One of my favorite Celine albums, but "celine dion" is even better on the love theme:

Love can move mountains: the power love has

I love you, goodbye: loving someone, still giving him up

Water from the moon: willing to do anything to have someone fall in love with you

With this tear: seeing the one you love die

Halfway to heaven: the start of love

If you could see me now: about the pain love gives when it's over

Beauty and the Beast: opposites attract

The ultimate love album IMO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X