Delta Goodrem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brad
    This is even more ridiculous when you look at it in context now we know the real Kerry Katona. Annoying chav.
    I never liked her from Day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airwrecka
      Originally posted by Brad
      This is even more ridiculous when you look at it in context now we know the real Kerry Katona. Annoying chav.
      I never liked her from Day 1.
      You're not alone!

Comment

I think there's several problems. Firstly, the Brian McFadden thing. He was married to Kerry Katona, who was once seen as the nation's sweetheart, and Delta kind of got painted as the evil husband snatcher (not true at all). I remember celeb mags at the time didn't do her many favours in the UK. Completely ridiculous, but it's clearly a factor in her disappearance from the UK. Then you have Australia. I gather that she was really loved over there and pretty much the golden girl. The media love to build people up to bring them down. Since she found success, I guess it's "cool" to hate on her now. Some of the stuff people say about her is disgusting.

She really is a fantastic talent IMO. It astonishes me that she is a soapstar turned singer, because I think she's in a totally different league vocally to the many others who followed similar career paths. I genuinely think Delta was born to sing, and I'd love it if she could find a way to reconnect with people again and have international success once more. There is definitely a market for her as an adult contemporary singer-songwriter, and she could easily give the likes of Emeli Sand a run for her money with the right material.

Her Anniversary Edition of Innocent Eyes was a cute idea, but she completely overcooked it and ended up ruining some really great songs. The original was successful for a reason - it was a great record. I'd love her to go back to doing stuff like that again. Heart Hypnotic was nice, but I think she should evolve her Innocent Eyes / Mistaken Identity sound to fit where she is at in her life right now. That's the direction I'd go in if I was her.

This is rather unfair, i remember when she was dealing with Cancer she was literally embraced, then after the Mcfadden incident she turned into an evil by the tabloids.

Judging by artistic talents and her appearance she indeed seems to be genuine soul and good person, thus i dont think she deserved this much hate specially in UK.
        Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• Still wishing for a b-sides album.

Comment

• Is there any news on a new album or anything? It all fizzled out after Wings. :(

I'm just listening to Innocent Eyes, and it's so beautiful. Her voice is too good to waste.

Comment

Is there any news on a new album or anything? It all fizzled out after Wings. :(

I'm just listening to Innocent Eyes, and it's so beautiful. Her voice is too good to waste.
              What is wrong with her management
              My Music Blog - PopStonesHeroes.com

My Facebook

Comment

Is there any news on a new album or anything? It all fizzled out after Wings. :(

Nothing really, Sony Australia is a mess.

She basically stopped after Wings because she is touring as Grizzabella in Cats across the country, it just wrapped up recently. She has been in the studio though.
                Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Re: Delta Goodrem

According to her Instagram shes in the recording studio again, Im hoping for something on par with the amazing Wings Of The Wild.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan
                    According to her Instagram shes in the recording studio again, Im hoping for something on par with the amazing Wings Of The Wild.
                    Good news! I'm always here for new Delta.
                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• [youtube:14p1zw90]5NDxK3V0OPU[/youtube:14p1zw90]
                      Whitney Houston

Comment

• Re: Delta Goodrem

Incredible duet. Their voices go so well together.

Comment

• When will this woman release her next album already? I loved "Wings of the Wild".
                          Atleast she takes her time with her albums I guess.

Comment

• I feel like she might release one soon.

Weird how her and Kelly have not collaborated on an epic ballad even if it's only an Aus single
                            Forever Young

Comment

• Wings of the Wild is so underrated - I don't think there's a bad track on that album. I need a new album please.

Comment

• 3 years since Wings Of The Wild was released today. Damn It's hard being a Delta fan with all these long breaks between albums!

Comment

• she should drop an album soon
                                  Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                                    3 years since Wings Of The Wild was released today. Damn It's hard being a Delta fan with all these long breaks between albums!
                                    However every album she released so far has been brilliant or "above average" atleast. COTU was a bit messy, but not bad by any means. The rest of her albums are all superb. I can handle long breaks if it means quality products.

Comment

• ^
                                      :O COTU is amazing! How dare you
                                      My Music Blog - PopStonesHeroes.com

My Facebook

Comment

• COTU was definitely her worst album but, by no means, was it terrible.

Comment

• COTU is probably her weakest album, but it's still a decent effort. Took me a couple of years to get into it, but there are a few gems. Ridiculous that No Communication was only included as an iTunes bonus track instead of being part of the standard track listing. It's the best song from the project by far!

Comment

• I could count bad Delta songs on one hand but that's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                                              COTU is probably her weakest album, but it's still a decent effort. Took me a couple of years to get into it, but there are a few gems. Ridiculous that No Communication was only included as an iTunes bonus track instead of being part of the standard track listing. It's the best song from the project by far!
                                              Oh wow yes, "No Communication" was great indeed. I love "Alcohol" too.
                                              The album feels like it's not really a body of work but more like a great individual song collection. There's no cohesion like on her first 2 albums or WOTW.
                                              I also prefered some of the stripped down versions on the second disc, particularly "I wish you were here"
                                              "Delta", I have a love hate relationship with but I think it's an incredibly interesting album.

My least favorite song is actually on COTU and it's the only bad song on there, "Save to believe" *shudders*.
                                              Last edited by Hejira; Tue July 2nd, 2019, 16:20.

Comment

• i honestly thought she would have announced a new song by now
                                                Forever Young

Comment

• I love this live performance. She tends to oversing and lose vocal control a bit sometimes when singing live, but when she get's it right she's surely one of the best voices of her generation.

starting around 2:40.

Comment

• Yeah it seems like she's letting Guy have the Voice promotion slot this year, She only did a ONJ tribute (from that telemovie she did last year) from what I had read about the Logies as well.

Think About You was promising, but I think it got released quite randomly, she had the Commonwealth Games song as well, but then any talk of an upcoming album got shafted for the Olivia Movie + Album.

Maybe she could've let all that sit for a few months THEN dropped Think About You in October or November to launch another era with either an album soon to follow or delayed to this year like She did with Wings, Dear Life and then Wings of the Wild in 2015-16.

COTU had a kindof delayed release as well (which a few Sony Aussie artists had around that time also, Guy had the same thing with the Armageddon album in 2012). Anyways.
                                                    UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• think bout you was a bop though
                                                      Forever Young

Comment

• Think About You was lacklustre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                                          Think About You was lacklustre.
                                                          I swear a sexy video could have sold it to you
                                                          Forever Young

Comment

• I prefer a wholesome Delta to a sexy Delta tbh but the song was just not my cup of tea.

Comment

• That is fair enough... Such a missed opportunity not perfoming during the finalie
                                                              Forever Young

Comment

Working...
                                                              X