Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amy Studt

Twitter:

Latest tweet- that makes the count at 5 potential new songs written and ready to record properly for the new album...

How exciting! I really love Amy!
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

I cannot wait!

Hopefully this album will give her more of the recognition she deserves!

Comment

Originally posted by Woaah
      I cannot wait!

Hopefully this album will give her more of the recognition she deserves!
      I really hope this new album does something for her too! I think she has a very strong voice (and beautiful) that can handle alot, just listen to 'Chasing The Light', 'Gonna Be Fine'.... among many! Her last album showed growth in voice and sound and her lyrics were as profound as ever if not better, I think that Avril Lavigne comparison at the beginning of career needs shaking off and FAST surely people can hear/see she is way superior to the likes of Avril!? :-?

Comment

Can't wait!

Comment

I know it's only a little burp of news but it's something so shut up!

I'm thrilled to the gills!

Up to 6 tracks now from a conversion she's been having on facebook, though doesn't seem too optimistic that the album will be any time soon. But at least the work continues and that's what matters!

Q: "So we can expect album 3 next year then I look forward to hearing it."

Amy: "at a push. takes a long time to get an album to finished product with writing, recording, production, mixing, mastering, sorting out how to fund it, artwork, registering it all, PRS, PPL, ra ra ra it goes on and on. but rest assured it is on its way. just might take a while. thanks for the support"
          [/quote]

Comment

I love how honest she is. It makes her so much likable when you see her going through so many obstacles to get her music out there for the fans.

Really loving her debut album at the moment and She Walks Beautiful from the 2nd!

Comment

Originally posted by alxx
              I love how honest she is. It makes her so much likable when you see her going through so many obstacles to get her music out there for the fans.

Really loving her debut album at the moment and She Walks Beautiful from the 2nd!
              I'm glad you like her! I personally really love the clarity of her voice and think she is very talented. I know what ya mean about the honesty, you don't realise how much is involved in making an album, her 2nd album took a while to produce and I was following her at the time and it felt like a journey to end! I'm really happy about this news and I hope for her get her success, she does deserve it in my opinion, she has the talent and perserverance! My favourite track from 'My Paper Made Men' has to be 'Walking Out' her voice is so very clear and beautiful and the whole song is gorgeous but my favourite does change there is literally not even 1 half bad song on it!

Comment

I can't wait. 'My Paper Made Men' would've been absolutely massive if she'd had one big hit single, as she has the same potential as Amy Winehouse in terms of selling with her type of music
                You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

I agree she alot of potential her material is so so great and she has the voice! I'm happy I'm not the only one anticipating it! I'll update as soon as I get any news! What's your fave song on MPMM? and I might not be able to reply because I'm very busy over he next couple of days!x

Comment

My favourite songs on My Paper Made Men would definitely have to be 'She Ran' and 'Nice Boys'. Although I do love the entire album!

Comment

Originally posted by Woaah
                      My favourite songs on My Paper Made Men would definitely have to be 'She Ran' and 'Nice Boys'. Although I do love the entire album!
                      Hey!

I agree on the last sentence for me it's one of those rare albums where literally every song is perfection! My fave 5 if that's even possible! ould be Walking Out, Chasing The Light, Paper Made Men, Here Lies Love & She Ran (All these mentioned are top class!).I do love the others pretty much equally though and her voice on She Walks Beautiful is....

Comment

From her new blog:

Back in the Studio

I recently moved back into London and am now more than happily situated in West Hampstead. My family and friends have been getting mad at me due to the disappearing I've been doing as i have dived straight, head first, back into the studio and writing my album 3!
                        i had a meeting with an old friend who I used to write with but a few moons ago, who now works at EMI publishing and told him my plans and what i was looking for. He put me in touch with some up and coming producers that he thought would be interesting for me to work with on my new project and i have been in the studio with them getting some mighty fine demos together. All great stuff! I am very proud of it all and i've had a great response from those that i've played it to. I am booking in more and more sessions and filling my diary up. More i say! More! One guy I m working with is quite electronically based so it has been interesting mixing my, mostly piano based and debatably quite classic song style of writing with his bangs, cracks and snaps. Taking interesting turns! Popcorn in the brain with a lush back sweep. Delicious! Still elements of a tribal female vocal coming through mixed with all the other textures I could possibly add using my voice. My writing seems to be very story lead at the moment, rather than writing about myself as such, which can tend to be quite narrowing at times (which isn't always a bad thing.) but this new approach has widened the possibilities for me it feels like and i am enjoying the new surge of passion I have for it!
                        So with this new direction I wanted to clear the decks of the old artwork and remaining things from the second album. I swiped clear my myspace design back to something ultra basic to start again from. Black. A classic. Although I want to learn about html to work more on it as i go along.
                        I have a few gigs here and there but i wanted to cool it on the gig front until i have a full set of the new songs and an even fuller idea of what i want to do with this new direction live.... Going to be interesting either way. Feels so good to be moving on. 2010 is going to be a very good year, I can feel it.
                        Amy x

Comment

she's so talented. I love her last album!!
                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I was going to post that blog! :x

Amy is a brilliant talent, I've listened to demos 'Breathe Into Me' & 'Colour By Numbers' which are and also a 20 second clip of a song called 'Everything Must Change' which sounds incredibly beautiful I must say! VERY excited to hear she's in the studio her voice is so tender and powerful at the same time, her lyrics are always touching! She sings sad songs so beautifully and sincerely! <3

To those who haven't heard them, can download them here:

Right both links are to the same audio file which has been ripped from a recent youtube vid it includes all of the above mentioned tracks. Download both files and add to iTunes, when you do make iTunes play them from the below time frames.

Colour by Numbers
                            on iTunes start time 3:36 - stop Time 6:24
                            http://www.zshare.net/audio/73302582e991f5ca/

Breathe Into Me
                            on iTunes start Time 0:05 - stop Time 1:41
                            http://www.zshare.net/audio/73302301f563a930/

Comment

New Blog!

A start thats fresh

So. Now is the moment, people. Now is the time to close the door on the past two albums. A new dawn is arising. A new era…
                              Usually when writing a new album I would write about 50-80 songs over the course of a few years and then FINALLY pick the ones I fancy for an album. Turns out this method might not be the best idea? It seems that you end up not using a hell of a lot of material and not putting out very many records for the amount of work done... hmm. Intriguing! Totally logical and yet, I hadn’t thought about it before.

Older, wiser, and dare I say it, a little damn hotter (who says I peaked at 16!! Oh wait.. me. **** it. I’ve still got it! *does grandmothers style salsa moves*) Remembering that I have a bad hip I should stop this tom foolery and get back to my point… I am going to be completely revamping my myspace and facebook pages. New biog, brand spanking new photos and….wait for it….. one of my NEW SONGS!! I know, I know. How will you ever contain yourself knowing that this is life changing moment is drawing closer. Well, all I can recommend is to sit tight, and clench my pretties! ....Just me then.

I have a couple of photographers I am set to work with in the next week or so but I am looking for a lucky number 3. If any of you know of or ARE in fact a f8cking fantabulous photographer, and fancy doing some unpaid shots of me, then send me over your details and some examples of your work. Splendid!

Take care of yourselves. And I shall do the same for my person. Hurrah!
                              xx

I'm excited to hear the new song, I wish I could hear her sing all of those 50-80 songs! Can't can't wait! Love me abit of Amy!

Comment

Another song from Amy has surfaced!

When We Were Lovers
                                http://www.myspace.com/amystudtofficial

It is very gentle, it is...different!

Comment

Update:

Amy has been in hospital recently, she is currently resting and getting better not sure what happened?

Anyway I thought I'd round up all of the material that has surfaced since the release of her 2nd album!

All of these tracks are different but great!

. I Held Every Breath of You
                                  . Violently With Love (Acoustic)
                                  . Where We Were Lovers
                                  . Fire
                                  . Where I Stand (Acoustic)
                                  . Breathe Into Me
                                  . Colour Me By Numbers

Comment

Where I Stand (Live at Wave FM):
                                    http://www.zshare.net/audio/79351193cd773d56/

Beautiful!

Also I've added seperate links for Breathe Into Me & Colour Me By Numbers on the above post now!

Comment

If there's any Amy fans floating about I've got an amazing surprise for you:

12 NEW tracks from Amy, they are some of her old demos!

http://www.mediafire.com/?10pl074fbj7tz5l

Enjoy!

Comment

cool, which tracks are they?
                                        and what's the password please?
                                        "a man that can give himself a hug every day, truly has the arms of a gibbon"
                                        http://phylismedia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by phil133
                                          cool, which tracks are they?
                                          and what's the password please?
                                          oops sorry about that!

the password is studt

These are the tracks:

- Fly With Me (Demo and altered version of Carry Me Away)
                                          - One of These Days
                                          - Nothing Matters (EPIC!)
                                          - Who I Am (Interlude)
                                          - Heart of Stone
                                          - Bye Bye Baby
                                          - Intelligent
                                          - Knocking On My Door
                                          - Don't You Worry
                                          - And Again
                                          - Invisible Girl
                                          - Just Say No
                                          - Welcome To Our House

Comment

For those who wish to listen to the demo's before downloading, I've uploaded them:

o Nothing Matters
                                            o Knocking on My Door
                                            o Invisible Girl
                                            o Heart of Stone
                                            o Bye, Bye Baby
                                            o Don't You Worry
                                            o Intelligent
                                            o And Again
                                            o Fly With Me
                                            o One of These Days
                                            o Welcome To Our House
                                            o Just Say No
                                            o Who I Am (Interlude)

Listen to the bittersweet Amy! My favourites are the top 6!

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Originally posted by JustForMe
                                                Great news!
                                                They are old demos of hers, tell me what you think!

Comment

She is such a talented singer. Not released alot of material and still one of my favourite artists ever. There's so much raw emotion in her voice.
                                                  These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger
                                                    She is such a talented singer. Not released alot of material and still one of my favourite artists ever. There's so much raw emotion in her voice.
                                                    Hi Tiger, yes it is amazing how she's only released 2 albums (although I've got tonnes of demos and B-Sides ) and she is already one of my ultimate favourites! I'm so happy you said about the raw emotion her voice, it realy feels like she means it when she sings, I do love her so!

I'm so excited for her 3rd album, have you heard all of the material on the above posts check them all out!

Comment

NEW SONG!

SOMEBODY

It's beautiful! Amy always touches me, there are plans to maybe release this song in Germany apparently, bit random but hey!

Comment

To anybody who has downloaded the Amy demo's I previously posted! Read-->>

Originally posted by Amy Studt
                                                        Hello,
                                                        yes, this is Amy Studt.. : ) I'm not mad about you uploading the demos so don't worry about that.x I really appreciate your support and am very flattered that you like my music enough to post it up. unfortunately, I would however request that you remove them for various reasons, some including copyright, legalities from my old management and record company and the other writers involved that I co-wrote with, but also on a personal note, I don't feel comfortable having any work of mine that i am not 100% happy with being out for people to hear. I am planning on putting together an album at some point of the best of my old demos that i would be happy for people to hear but even these I would need to make changes to and tweak so as to be totally happy. I hope you understand. I am so glad that you have enjoyed them and i have no problem with you having them in your secret music stash, so long as you do not post them onto any large scale mediums. i.e YouTube and the rest. if you know the other people who also have these demos, it would be a great favor to me if you could pass this message on and kindly request that they don't put them out to the public.
                                                        I am currently writing the third album and potentially starting a new band project, more will be revealed in time i'm sure.
                                                        Thank you for asking me directly. I really appreciate it.
                                                        all my best wishes
                                                        Amy
                                                        x
                                                        Amy replied to me personally on Youtube!!! I felt so star struck! Anyone who has the demo's please do not spread them about on Youtube etc...Thanks! I can't wait for the demo collection aswell as the new album/band project!!

Comment

Hey I cant believe Amy Studt talked to you and I love allllllllll of the demos you have posted!!! Do you know if theres anywere I could get the lyrics for them?? I have been typing they out hehe!!!
                                                          An Amy Studt, Marina and The Diamonds, Alanis Morissette, Bat for Lashs and Avril Lavigne colaberation would be amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Coolcara501
                                                            Hey I cant believe Amy Studt talked to you and I love allllllllll of the demos you have posted!!! Do you know if theres anywere I could get the lyrics for them?? I have been typing they out hehe!!!
                                                            Hi, nice just to see another fan, Amy's fanbase on here seems dead! Yes I was shocked she replied to me it was a lovely feeling! I love her, glad you love the demos they are amazing, I can't wait to hear more from her!

Comment

Working...
                                                            X