No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• « Sitting between Steven Klein and Keith Haring!! Not a bad way to start 2018! » -Madonna
    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Celeste Rodrigues is the sister of our biggest music icon Amália Rodrigues. she took her with her for NYE in the Hamptons. there's lots of videos of the two singing together.

Comment

• I hope she will come back big this year. A fan can dream:

- Insanely catchy singles with killer videos
          - Number 1 album and singles in several countries
          - Top notch live performances with amazing choreography
          - 30 mins mini tour promoting the new album all over the world
          - Super Bowl 2019
          - A movie soundtrack song(s)
          - A movie cameo in an very expensive astronomical budget
          - A professionally filmed workout training video
          - Make appearances or perform at the Grammys, MTV VMAs, Oscars, Golden Globe, American Music Awards, the BRIT Awards, Coachella, Tomorrowland, Splendour in the Grass, Rock in Rio, Donauinselfest, etc
          - A duet with Britney Spears or Ariana
          - Featured in some of the most popular magazines in the world
          - TIME person of the year 2018 or 2019
          - A world tour with highest grossing tour ever in history in 2018/2019
          - Date a very highly profiled celebrity
          - outrageous scandals

Comment

• [youtube:1tbijdyg]VPtaF3eKZkY[/youtube:1tbijdyg]

Comment

• ^ LOL I don't think not even during her greatest eras and golden years she did that much

I just want an era with 4 high-budget and well developed music videos, promotion with a better sense of fashion style (like she used to be before pre-2006 when she always looked so elegant and perfect), a performance at some major award show that shocks people in a good way, an innovative brilliant album that doesn't follow trends and marks her first reinvention in years and a more serious Tour with more rock elements involved.

Thats it.
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Her backdrop videos for the tour are always so interesting and visually stunning if only she put the same effort on her music video :-?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                  ^ LOL I don't think not even during her greatest eras and golden years she did that much

I just want an era with 4 high-budget and well developed music videos, promotion with a better sense of fashion style (like she used to be before pre-2006 when she always looked so elegant and perfect), a performance at some major award show that shocks people in a good way, an innovative brilliant album that doesn't follow trends and marks her first reinvention in years and a more serious Tour with more rock elements involved.

Thats it.
                  I would really love a re-invention for the next era - at this point, if she did then we all know it means business. The era of 4 high budget videos is long gone.

Madonna has rarely done 4 high budget videos for an album, so I do find it odd that this is a request repeated hope for each era. Hell, half the time we’re lucky to get 4 singles
                  I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop
                    Her backdrop videos for the tour are always so interesting and visually stunning if only she put the same effort on her music video :-?
                    !!!! yes.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
                      Originally posted by MrLeonix
                      ^ LOL I don't think not even during her greatest eras and golden years she did that much

Thats it.
                      I would really love a re-invention for the next era - at this point, if she did then we all know it means business. The era of 4 high budget videos is long gone.

Madonna has rarely done 4 high budget videos for an album, so I do find it odd that this is a request repeated hope for each era. Hell, half the time we’re lucky to get 4 singles
                      A guy can dream...

Comment

• Re: Madonna

Will Madonna remain in US until her Oscars party next month? Surely she won't skip that?
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Its really sad to know that last time one of her studio albums got more than 3 well produced elaborate and high budget music videos was "Ray of light" 20 years ago. Well if we count "American Pie" and "Die another day" we could also say "Music" and "American Life" got 4 nice music videos, but that was the last time.

"Confessions" got 4 music videos but only the first two were high budget.

I don't know why its so hard for her to shoot 4 music videos these days. Who cares if the album doesn't sell enough? She should release 4 music videos and its something that I wish but I know its pretty unlikely to happen at this stage.

In that case, I hope we get the usual 3 music videos but I want them all to be high budget and creative and really elaborate.
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

I hope she follows Beyoncé and release a musical film. She definitely can do it.
                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I'm not expecting anything from her anymore, if she doesn't have ambition to prove herself once again and show people how it's done then i hope she never does anything again.
                              Looking at her Instagram profile, it's ugly mess, she obviously doesn't know how to present herself. She has terrible team filled with yes people.

There's nothing she can do now to clean her image and redeem herself. And it seems like she doesn't even care to do it. And that's actually the worst thing that she ever did, because god knows how hard she worked her whole life to achieve everything without big man behind her, and now she's shitting on everything.

As a fan she really left bitter taste in my mouth, she made it embarrassing to admit that you like her. And it's only because of her, not society or ageism. It's her own fault.

Comment

• ^I quote every single word.

Musically speaking, I remember when “Candy Shop” leaked, I thought: “Is she crazy?”
                                Well, then we had Celebration, Revolver, Luvin’, Radio, that half-a-song called Living for Love and BIM. I cannot expect anything better anymore (nor I expect anything worse than Autotune Baby).
                                "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Let's be clear about something.
                                  She's the pop star with the longest career ever, filled with so much praise and success that others can only dream of. She has nothing to prove anymore to anyone. She's living her life in her own terms, like she always did. She doesn't owe nothing to anyone.
                                  Im just glad I could witness all of it.
                                  Do I want new music? Yes I do. Do I want it to be something out of the box? Yes I do. Do I want flawless eras with great videos? He'll yeah. But if she doesn't deliver want I want and instead gives me MDN A part two, at least I can rejoice that she still alive and kicking.
                                  As for her instragam, i only see Madonna being Madonna.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay
                                    ^I quote every single word.

Musically speaking, I remember when “Candy Shop” leaked, I thought: “Is she crazy?”
                                    Well, then we had Celebration, Revolver, Luvin’, Radio, that half-a-song called Living for Love and BIM. I cannot expect anything better anymore (nor I expect anything worse than Autotune Baby).
                                    Oh c' mon there so much to dig in on Rebel Heart other than BIM.
                                    LFL is not that great, but not even that bad as u paint it, it wasn't first single material, that was the big mistake for me....... same goes for GAYL.
                                    I agree with u about Celebration and Revolver.

And wait...... Candyshop is such a bop..,. End of!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481
                                      I hope she follows Beyoncé and release a musical film. She definitely can do it.
                                      That was my dream for years, that she would release a visual album! Being her the Queen of visuals it was something I always expected her to do.
                                      Now that beyonce has done it, twice and beautifully done, I think it's more and more distant that possibility!

Comment

• I would have loved an entire visual album back in the day when she was at her prime and looked her best. A visual album in the 90s or even early 00s would have been one of the greatest visual works ever in music.

Nowadays I don't think a visual album would be the same, her recent videos don't have that much creativity and her face looks weird now , I would be fine with 4 good music videos and thats it.

Originally posted by Westen
                                        I'm not expecting anything from her anymore, if she doesn't have ambition to prove herself once again and show people how it's done then i hope she never does anything again.
                                        Looking at her Instagram profile, it's ugly mess, she obviously doesn't know how to present herself. She has terrible team filled with yes people.

There's nothing she can do now to clean her image and redeem herself. And it seems like she doesn't even care to do it. And that's actually the worst thing that she ever did, because god knows how hard she worked her whole life to achieve everything without big man behind her, and now she's shitting on everything.

As a fan she really left bitter taste in my mouth, she made it embarrassing to admit that you like her. And it's only because of her, not society or ageism. It's her own fault.
                                        You could be a bit depressing, extreme and radical at times :-?

Comment

The only album I think that would have worked as a visual album would have been Bedtime Stories. A visual album for Erotica would have been too much and a visual album for ROL imo could never live up to the music.
                                          I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

The only album I think that would have worked as a visual album would have been Bedtime Stories. A visual album for Erotica would have been too much and a visual album for ROL imo could never live up to the music.
                                            "Ray of light" would have needed really artistic, cinematic and refined music videos to work as a visual album, something Lana del Rey meets some high budget Hollywood Director. The guy who directed the acclaimed "American Beauty" film would have made a hell of a visual album out of "Ray of light".

On the other hand I agree ROL would have failed to live up to the music as a visual album with basic concepts behind its videos.

And All "Bedtime stories", "Music", "American life" and "Confessions on a dancefloor" could have been amazing visual albums

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                              That's because she reached my breaking point. I think I am now one of those fans that only love classic Madonna, i can totally live without new album, new song, new video. I know that she won't ever deliver something good, she is totally different person now. It's all about money. To think that she is one of the richest artists ever who literally can afford to release everything she wants, film videos just for the sake of it, and she is not doing that. Instead we're looking at cheap videos, and only 3 videos per album this whole century, and apparently she is visual artist. She also started bitching about certain songs not being released, coming from a woman who canceled era when her choice for single wasn't approved. Why? Because she only cares about money now.
                                              Not to mention that she thinks she's edgy because she wears grills and sings about sex. That's probably because her kids called her basic.

Now look at my other fave Tove Lo, she released song called Disco Tits, payed for amazing video, she released visuals for every single song from her last album (Lady Wood), she payed for it without label's support (and they are barely even getting views outside her fans), she's touring as opening act and writing for others because she has to bring money (since she's working for Max Martin, probably as a ghostwriter too), but in return she gets to release music that she wants to without pressure of making it big. Blue Lips (Lady Wood Phase II) didn't even have physical release, but she released 2nd part of the album (Lady Wood), like she wanted to. Her music is not even being sent to radios, she's writing it all by herself and producing it with the help of her friends. It's raw and passionate.

Comment

• Hmm, she has a visual album... there are videos from every song off "Evita".
                                                jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• Originally posted by jio
                                                  Hmm, she has a visual album... there are videos from every song off "Evita".

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
                                                    Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                                    That's because she reached my breaking point. I think I am now one of those fans that only love classic Madonna, i can totally live without new album, new song, new video. I know that she won't ever deliver something good, she is totally different person now. It's all about money. To think that she is one of the richest artists ever who literally can afford to release everything she wants, film videos just for the sake of it, and she is not doing that. Instead we're looking at cheap videos, and only 3 videos per album this whole century, and apparently she is visual artist. She also started bitching about certain songs not being released, coming from a woman who canceled era when her choice for single wasn't approved. Why? Because she only cares about money now.
                                                    Not to mention that she thinks she's edgy because she wears grills and sings about sex. That's probably because her kids called her basic.

AGREE.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X