Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by RayRay
    ^ Disappointed when she returned to being Diva Queen for Music?
    LOL nope. She was not a Diva Queen during the "Music" era AT ALL. She explored a lot with folk and acoustic music during that era and mixed it with electronica, I lived and stanned hard for that cowboy girl reinvention and we got marvellous creative songs that I loved such as "Don't tell me", "I deserve it", "Gone", "Nobody's perfect", "What it feels like for a girl". The album was super introspective, her fashion of the time was casual like wearing jeans and hats, and the Tour was way more experimental and mature than her previous ones.

She was not at all this campy drag-queen-ish Diva during "Music".
    I think the cowboy style look was very campy drag-queen-ish Diva. Especially how she portraited herself in the Music video.
    I guess, just another thing we disagree on.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay
      I think the cowboy style look was very campy drag-queen-ish Diva. Especially how she portraited herself in the Music video.
      I guess, just another thing we disagree on.
      I don't think it was. And if it was then it looked more simple, fresh and modern at least, for sure more toned down. It wasn't Reminiscent of that theatrical "Express yourself" / "Vogue" / "Blond Ambition" Madonna ta all.
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Rolling Stone magazine named Madonna's upcoming album as one of the most anticipated albums of 2018!
        "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Re: Madonna

You know, I’ve never realised how much she promoted the hell out of Frozen! Surely her most promoted single?
          Words are useless, especially sentences.
          they don’t stand for anything.
          How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale
            Rolling Stone magazine named Madonna's upcoming album as one of the most anticipated albums of 2018!
            I’m hopeful but when it comes to Madonna I think the world is in the same boat as us - hopeful

Comment

• I would die of happiness if she ever went back to promoting and singing like this:

[youtube:2n2hnmjy]J6jyB4VXYK0[/youtube:2n2hnmjy]

That look into the camera tells you everything you need to know: she’s ******* Queen of the universe and she knows it

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
                I would die of happiness if she ever went back to promoting and singing like this:

[youtube:dimpdtsh]J6jyB4VXYK0[/youtube:dimpdtsh]

That look into the camera tells you everything you need to know: she’s **** Queen of the universe and she knows it
                I'd kill for something like that again!

BTW these are my 5 favorite M reinventions:

1. The spiritual woman ("Ray of light")
                2. The Cowboy girl ("Music")
                3. The Sexual freak ("Erotica")
                4. The Political woman ("American Life")
                5. The Disco diva ("Confessions on a Dancefloor")
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• [youtube:2ig2m5cr]3lNZM-7Z02s[/youtube:2ig2m5cr]

Such an under rated performance and song. Queen

Comment

Instead of the clown shows, this us what she should be working on if she wants to do small, intimate shows - Madonna, a small band and no planned choreography.

She was everything in 2003: perfect hair, perfect face, perfect vocals, perfect bra, perfect promo... everything was 100% except for the press and the sales.

When I think of whoo ‘My Madonna’ is, its always AL Madonna. It might be her midlife crisis album, but what a crisis

Comment

You know what I like he most about madonna?!?! It’s like an international event every time she releases a new album.

Comment

• [youtube:3l985awv]ITaO13ulbA0[/youtube:3l985awv]

Kelly is hilarious and basically every single one of us

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy
                          You know what I like he most about madonna?!?! It’s like an international event every time she releases a new album.

That’s true - when she releases something the world loves, the bloody love it. But when she releases something they don’t... they really don’t. The worst thing about the 2 albums for me is how muted the response has actually been. I dislike the indifference towards her new music and I think that should be her biggest motivator to coming back with something amazing. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix

Instead of the clown shows, this us what she should be working on if she wants to do small, intimate shows - Madonna, a small band and no planned choreography.

She was everything in 2003: perfect hair, perfect face, perfect vocals, perfect bra, perfect promo... everything was 100% except for the press and the sales.

When I think of whoo ‘My Madonna’ is, its always AL Madonna. It might be her midlife crisis album, but what a crisis
                            Yeah, instead of "Bitch, I'm Madonna" This is what she really needs to do. Bring that Madonna back!.

Comment

You know, I’ve never realised how much she promoted the hell out of Frozen! Surely her most promoted single?
                              It's actually a tie with Hung Up.
                              Oh Boy,she did promote A HELL LOT of Hung Up. Ugh ! Awesome days !

Comment

Not a big fan of Ray Of Light album, lots of fillers, but Skin is amazing. Imo, Music is much better than ROL as an album.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I think you're right. Still, to me she looked very much the glittering diva in Frozen (video and coversleeve) as well as on the coversleeve of the Ray of Light album. So I especially loved the start of the era when it comes to looks.
                                  RayRay,please,for God's sake,how on Earth can you think she looks like a glittering diva on the Frozen video ????
                                  I beg you to please answer me that
                                  I know you are a looooong time fan so you probably read a lot of her interviews from those days (and oh boy,she did a lot of interviews . )
                                  As her look on the video and on her interviews was really shocking and capturing everyone's attention ,she said she took inspiration from an artistic movement called 'Pre-Raphaelite ' which *obviously* was something i had never heard of back then
                                  You can read more about it here : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-...te_Brotherhood

As you can see ,it does have a lot in common with what she portrayed and ,as always,she took inspirations from other areas as well. But what I mean is that even what/who inspired her are the total opposite of anything 'diva'
                                  Especially for the Frozen video

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop
                                    Originally posted by RayRay

I think you're right. Still, to me she looked very much the glittering diva in Frozen (video and coversleeve) as well as on the coversleeve of the Ray of Light album. So I especially loved the start of the era when it comes to looks.
                                    RayRay,please,for God's sake,how on Earth can you think she looks like a glittering diva on the Frozen video ????
                                    I beg you to please answer me that
                                    I know you are a looooong time fan so you probably read a lot of her interviews from those days (and oh boy,she did a lot of interviews . )
                                    As her look on the video and on her interviews was really shocking and capturing everyone's attention ,she said she took inspiration from an artistic movement called 'Pre-Raphaelite ' which *obviously* was something i had never heard of back then
                                    You can read more about it here : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-...te_Brotherhood

As you can see ,it does have a lot in common with what she portrayed and ,as always,she took inspirations from other areas as well. But what I mean is that even what/who inspired her are the total opposite of anything 'diva'
                                    Especially for the Frozen video
                                    I understand what you're saying.
                                    But the big hair, the way she moves, the dramatic wide desert.
                                    It felt to me only a diva could make such a video.
                                    It has something very epic and glamorous to me.

Comment

That's why I am afraid she won't return here.

Comment

• ^ So you're implying Madonna is a coward chicken who is affraid of press, sales and what people say?

Comment

^ So you're implying Madonna is a coward chicken who is affraid of press, sales and what people say?
                                          No. I am saying she is also known for being a smart business woman.

Comment

^ So you're implying Madonna is a coward chicken who is affraid of press, sales and what people say?
                                            No. I am saying she is also known for being a smart business woman.
                                            But she was an excellent business woman with "American Life", no one manages to make out of a flop era such much publicity, controversy, legacy and excellent touring. Many stuff that happened during the AL are way more iconic and relevant than the cr*p she does these days.

Comment

Actually, to an extent she absolutely is. The AL backlash threw her and the entire COADF and HC era were damage control eras in many ways. She regained a huge amount of her popularity with COADF but what was interesting is that as soon as there was a whiff of bad press over her adopting David, she went on a promo tour to take control of the press and public opinion: she appeared everywhere from GMTV to Oprah to explain herself.

Then after her divorce, she didn’t do a major interview until WE promo - she did the odd press interview for Celebration but largely avoided all TV promo for years whol has imo was to ensure enough time had gone by to stop people asking why she and Guy got divorced (she’s never commented on why her marriage broke down as far as I’m aware).

She still uses the media to her advantage and isn’t fussed about negative opinions over outfits and stuff like her grills, but those are hardly going to cause a career backlash. But the AL backlash threw her and I think she has always been incredibly careful since not to go down that road again.

Comment

But the AL backlash threw her and I think she has always been incredibly careful since not to go down that road again.
                                                She dangerously went near that road with that White House declaration just after Trump’s victory, tbh.

That, the Drake kiss and Mandela & co. used to promote RH were real false steps during last era imho.
                                                "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay
                                                  Originally posted by menime123
                                                  But the AL backlash threw her and I think she has always been incredibly careful since not to go down that road again.
                                                  She dangerously went near that road with that White House declaration just after Trump’s victory, tbh.
                                                  ... and she issued a statement saying the comments were taken out of context. Once upon a time she wouldn’t have explained herself but she does now.

However I do believe she remains completely media savvy, no matter what her sales look like. She’s been in the game too long not to know how to play it.

Comment

• Madonna has always truly and genuinely liked Kylie and Britney!:

[youtube:3k5tk2cx]6yRIVicdVAk[/youtube:3k5tk2cx]

She approved them back then and nearly 20 years after that interview she was covering their songs on her last shows ("Can't get you out of my hand" at the "Rebel heart Tour" and "Toxic" at the "Tears of a clown show").

Madonna also said during one of the RH era interviews she likes Taylor Swift. She really seems to widely accept and embrace female pop girls with modest voices who are somehow powerful despite their vocal limitations. You can tell she really feels more identified and empathetic with girls such as Kylie, Britney or Taylor than with powerhouse vocalists.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X