• Show
Clear All

• Re: Madonna

Tonight on BBC2 Rebel Heart Tour.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay
      Tonight on BBC2 Rebel Heart Tour.

Yes, rather random but she’s still trying to make money I suppose out of it
      “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Yassss Madge get those extra UK sales, Rebel Heart inching closer and closer to Gold (ever so slowly)

Comment

• Hey guys, we're discussing everybody's favourite single choices for 'Rebel Heart' HERE.
          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
            Madonna has always truly and genuinely liked Kylie and Britney!:

[youtube:1eu5y10y]6yRIVicdVAk[/youtube:1eu5y10y]

She approved them back then and nearly 20 years after that interview she was covering their songs on her last shows ("Can't get you out of my hand" at the "Rebel heart Tour" and "Toxic" at the "Tears of a clown show").

Madonna also said during one of the RH era interviews she likes Taylor Swift. She really seems to widely accept and embrace female pop girls with modest voices who are somehow powerful despite their vocal limitations. You can tell she really feels more identified and empathetic with girls such as Kylie, Britney or Taylor than with powerhouse vocalists.
            I think Madonna just supports and embraces strong women who she seems herself in. With Britney she has a dancing background and whilst their approach to their careers has been different, Britney has always strived to produce brilliant pop songs with high quality, Madonna worthy music videos.

Taylor is a strong woman who stands up for herself, whether it’s iTunes or DJs that grope her, and is an a great songwriter in her own right.

Kylie is different in that I think Madonna sort of achnowledges her as a peer of sorts: I’m sure Madonna recognises that they both started in the 80s and have gotten through all sorts of musical trends whilst still flying the pop flag. I think Madonna also recognised that they share a large fanbase and whilst are different, both strive for big theatrical productions. They exist in the same arena but stand for different things.
            “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjamin
              Hey guys, we're discussing everybody's favourite single choices for 'Rebel Heart' HERE.

Wayne wasn’t...

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88
                Yassss Madge get those extra UK sales, Rebel Heart inching closer and closer to Gold (ever so slowly)
                I keep streaming it, I’ll get it there eventually

#FreeBritney

Comment

So happy Madge stans Kylie. Basically the Top 2 Pop artists EVER.
                  You ain't gotta break down,
                  YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueScorpion
                    Yes i ADORE their relationship. It's amazing to see two pop legends genuinely care and appreciate one another. That's how it should be.
                    Originally posted by SummerPeur
                    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                    Originally posted by Goldmoney
                    So does her microphone

Comment

Female wise...Madonna is the most successful and greatest popstar ever..... End of!!

But sorry to say that I don’t think Kylie is entitled to embrace the second place!!

Comment

• ^ I don't think Kylie is second place AT ALL either. But I'm glad Madonna likes / support certain other females such as Kylie, Britney, Taylor, etc ...... She definately doesn't share the same love for Janet, Mariah, Xtina or Gaga
                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

She definately doesn't share the same love for Janet, Mariah, or Gaga
                          that’s mutual

Comment

• I could never get into Kylie's music and believe me ,I've tried hard to .
                            I find it so boring
                            As a person,she's obviously a sweetheart and it's impossible not to like her .

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop
                              I could never get into Kylie's music and believe me ,I've tried hard to .
                              I find it so boring
                              She started being good since her 5th studio album titled "Kylie Minogue" IMO, thats when her albums started to become more solid pieces and bodies of work.

"Impossible Princess" is actually pretty similar to "Ray of light", in fact it is Kylie's own ROL. You should try it.

Also she released some solid dance albums in the 2000s, if you liked "Confessions" you'll probably like "Fever", "X" is wayyyyy better than "Hard Candy" and "Body Language" is excellent as well.

Her first 4 albums are unbearable and tragic to me tho.
                              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Originally posted by BodyShop
                                I find it so boring
                                She started being good since her 5th studio album titled "Kylie Minogue" IMO, thats when her albums started to become more solid pieces and bodies of work.

"Impossible Princess" is actually pretty similar to "Ray of light", in fact it is Kylie's own ROL. You should try it.

Also she released some solid dance albums in the 2000s, if you liked "Confessions" you'll probably like "Fever", "X" is wayyyyy better than "Hard Candy" and "Body Language" is excellent as well.

Her first albums with SAW includes some of my favorite hits.

To me Light Years is her Ray of Light.

Best video All The Lovers.
                                Aphrodite is my favorite album and tour.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay
                                  To me Light Years is her Ray of Light.
                                  I think the only similar thing about them is the comeback factor they both had. But musically speaking both albums couldn't be more different / opposite.

Musically wise and in terms of artistry, "Impossible princess" is Kylie's closest album to "Ray of light" in the sense that both are heavily introspective, spiritual and combine electronic beats with more alternative, trip hop and indie music.

Originally posted by RayRay
                                  Best video All The Lovers.
                                  Aphrodite is my favorite album and tour.
                                  That Tour was brilliant, honestly (and I hate to say it) that Tour is better than any show Madonna's done in this decade. I also liked her "Kiss me once Tour" a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop
                                    Originally posted by BlueScorpion
                                    Female wise...Madonna is the most successful and greatest popstar ever..... End of!!

But sorry to say that I don’t think Kylie is entitled to embrace the second place!!
                                    I'm perfectly fine with your second statement but drop the attitude on the first half. I'm not trying to start anything, let alone pit them against each other. Madonna is in a whole other level of stardom obviously, who doesn't know that, but Kylie also did so much for Pop Culture than she'll ever be credited for.
                                    You ain't gotta break down,
                                    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Originally posted by CandyShop
                                      Originally posted by BlueScorpion

I'm perfectly fine with your second statement but drop the attitude on the first half. I'm not trying to start anything, let alone pit them against each other. Madonna is in a whole other level of stardom obviously, who doesn't know that, but Kylie also did so much for Pop Culture than she'll ever be credited for.
                                      I also admire Kylie so much, and have lot of respect for her!!

I don’t understand what’s your problem?

Comment

I find it so boring

Wow

Really? Boring?
                                        Its just Dance and pop music.
                                        This is Shocking lol
                                        YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

• Originally posted by jochen
                                          I find it so boring

Wow

Really? Boring?
                                          Its just Dance and pop music.
                                          This is Shocking lol
                                          Just like most of your posts about not only Madonna and several other artists . At least I'm not disrespecting anyone .

Comment

I find it so boring

Thank you
                                            I have listened to those albums. I think it's a matter of appeal. I dont know why but her music doesn't appeal to me .
                                            Maybe it has to do with the fact that she's never been popular here in Brazil,except for Can't Get You Out Of My Head that was really huge.
                                            I obviously have a lot of respect for her and her career.

Comment

• I love, love Kylie Minogue since I Should Be So Lucky! Her sound with SAW might sound dated for todays standart, but at the time it was fun pop at its best!
                                              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Thank you
                                                I have listened to those albums. I think it's a matter of appeal. I dont know why but her music doesn't appeal to me .
                                                Its ok

Maybe it has to do with the fact that she's never been popular here in Brazil,except for Can't Get You Out Of My Head that was really huge.
                                                Well wasn't that the case for her career in nearly every country except for UK/AUS anyway?

Comment

I read somewhere that Madonna wrote a song for Mariah in the late 90s called Angel or something like that. Actually it was a supposed interview of Mariah saying that. It’s fake, right?

Comment

• Although it's the first time I'm reading such thing, I did a little reaserch and came up with this interview from Mariah
                                                    https://www.mcarchives.com/index.asp?id ... &date=&f=2
                                                    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Working...
                                                    X