Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found in 'Unreleased Madonna Songs' in Wikipedia:

Angel Of Fire Written by Mariah Carey and Patrick Leonard. Produced by William Orbit. Madonna's writing and/or production contribution is not quite clear. She may have started the original demo or been brought in only as a "consultant". Mariah Carey spoke of the song to the press but her version also still remains unreleased.

Next one was found in a old Mariah web page:

ATG OST & A Song With Madonna!!

"Mariah was interviewed on "Extra." On the interview, she spoke about the collaborations she hopes to do on the "All That Glitters" Sndtrk. "There are certain songs I remember listening to growing up that make me relive moments in my childhood. It's like that moment in my life is trapped within the melody of the song. So I plan to work with those artists and hopefully be able to recreate the feeling as best I can. It's crucal that I try and be as true to that moment of my life as possible," says a nostalgic MC. The list of artists and collaborators she spoke of are as follows:

Chaka Khan

Donna Summer

Cindy Lauper (She spoke of doing a remake of Lauper's "Time After Time.")

Narada Michael Walden

Madonna/Patrick Leonard

Janet Jackson / Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis*****

Prince

Sting

"Those are the ones I remember vividly along with some gospel artists I was fond of listening to growing up as a child. Gospel music is what I used to listen to whenever times got hard so don't be surprised if this sndtrk turns out to be completely gospel (she laughs). But again, those are just a few names I can recall. But of course, because of political recording industry stuff, I'm not sure who will be able to collaborate on this one with me so don't go printing anything "Globe" or "Enquierer" (she laughs again). One song is already done so I can speak of this one. It's a song I worked on with Madonna, William Orbit, and Patrick Leonard. It's called "Angel Fire." It's a very powerful ballad infused with William's signature techno flare. But I haven't decided if it will be placed on the sndtrk because it's so incredibly personal. I'm not sure If I'm ready to share that part of my life yet but I guess only time will tell." says Mariah. Well it sounds cool so far. I'll try to keep you updated on the progress of the "ATG" Soundtrack. Keep up the hard work MC!!!"
    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Re: Madonna

Oh wow. So their supposed “feud” was long gone almost two decades ago.

Comment

• W.o.w. !
        Who's gonna post this on the Mariah thread ?

#NotMe

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop
          W.o.w. !

#NotMe
          I posted! I want to know more about this!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale
            Originally posted by BodyShop
            W.o.w. !

#NotMe
            And they completely ignored you... I also knew nothing at all about this and I am really surprised given how few songs Madonna has written for other artists throughout her career. But I am intrigued too.
            jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

I did not ignore him.

As I was saying in the MC thread... a collaboration would end the world.

Also, everyone knew that their feud was over by 1996 - the latest. Only the obvious stans were clinging on to it.

I know a collaboration is very unlikely... but I need the two to acknowledge each other more... I want a pic of the two together... just for the shock value it would create in the pop world.
              My Chart

Comment

• Madonna had a lot of songs from the ROL sessions, she also gave one song to Ricky Martin in 1999 and italian singer Laura Pausini used one of her songs a few years later.

I guess Maodnna and her team were trying to sell her unused songs to other artists during that time.

Comment

• Amazing research AlphaMale re the Mariah/Madonna song. Thank you for that. We didn't ignore you - we just came here to find out if there was more info!!,

Comment

• In your opinion, what was her best single to start a new era? Choose only 3 songs.

For me:
                    Like a Prayer
                    Vogue
                    Frozen

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze
                      Amazing research AlphaMale re the Mariah/Madonna song. Thank you for that. We didn't ignore you - we just came here to find out if there was more info!!,
                      That's all the info I could get! And I never heard about this before! I posted on the Mariah thread to see if anyone else had more info about it!
                      I wonder why this wasn't front page news at the time!

Comment

• Originally posted by jio
                        Originally posted by AlphaMale
                        Originally posted by BodyShop
                        W.o.w. !

#NotMe
                        And they completely ignored you... I also knew nothing at all about this and I am really surprised given how few songs Madonna has written for other artists throughout her career. But I am intrigued too.
                        But not you! You went there to see it! Glad you follow my posts!

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme
                          In your opinion, what was her best single to start a new era? Choose only 3 songs.
                          I really liked it the way she started her eras with these singles:

Like a prayer
                          Erotica
                          Secret

Great starts IMO.

Comment

• I totally agree, I wish Papa Don't Preach was the first single!
                            Like a Prayer
                            Vogue
                            Frozen

Comment

• Great era starts:

Like A Prayer
                              Frozen
                              Hung Up
                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• “We Celebrate Your Life M.LK. And Thank you for all that you fought for, All that you sacrificed, the lessons you taught us and the road that you showed us we could walk down…….,,,in fact MUST walk down. ” -Madonna

Comment

• “Monday Mood……………” -Madonna

Comment

• “?What if I really did Talk? lol” -Madonna

Comment

• « ?The Royal Family! 4 Queen’s lol ? » -Madonna

Comment

• « Throwing Back So Hard and living for this wonderful moment on a rooftop in NY where I did my first photo shoot with Steven Meisel » -Madonna

Comment

• « I’ve been saying this for years!!!! Finally some solidarity! » -Madonna

Comment

• Time for a new poll, please master of polls!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme
                                              In your opinion, what was her best single to start a new era? Choose only 3 songs.

For me:
                                              Like a Prayer
                                              Vogue
                                              Frozen
                                              Like a Virgin
                                              Like a Prayer
                                              Hung Up

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale
                                                Found in 'Unreleased Madonna Songs' in Wikipedia:

Angel Of Fire Written by Mariah Carey and Patrick Leonard. Produced by William Orbit. Madonna's writing and/or production contribution is not quite clear. She may have started the original demo or been brought in only as a "consultant". Mariah Carey spoke of the song to the press but her version also still remains unreleased.
                                                I love how she mentions in the interview how it may be too personal to have it released.
                                                It would be great if it finally found its way to a Mariah album.
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Never heard of such. It would be so cool though. I'm happy Mariah and Madonna made their amends over the years and have nothing but respect for one another.
                                                  You ain't gotta break down,
                                                  YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Mamadonna's baby girls are too cute. The latest video was so funny and she captioned it Stella drags Estere

Comment

Working...
                                                    X