Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Westen
    Jimmy Jimmy is so bad that it kinda drags album down for me.
    I also don't really like TB song.

White Heat and Where's the party and kinda ok album tracks, WTP would've been big hit if she released it after LIB.

I think i prefer LAV over TB.
    Yeah like I said, the singles were great but the overall album is one of her blandest.

"Like a prayer" >> "Madonna" >> "Like a Virgin" >> "True Blue"
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I would definitely place True Blue above Like a Virgin as I love most of the non-singles as well.
      Actually,I think I should say i love all the songs bar Love Makes The World Go Round and Jimmy Jimmy.
      I don't think they're as bad as everyone in general say tho.
      I just think they're ok.
      I think True Blue is a very solid (pure) pop album with moments of absolute greatness (Papa Don't Preach,Open Your Heart and Live To Tell).

Comment

• White Heat would have been a top 10 hit with a James Bondesque video.

Where's The Party with the You Can Dance intro would have been a classic.

Jimmy Jimmy is catchy and it was one of the favorite songs among my classmates.

Love Makes The World premiered at Live Aid and has a great message.

It is one of the few albums were every song could have been a single and could have gone top 10.
        Even Ray of Light doesn't have that.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Re: Madonna

I think her debut is her best album from 80s. It always makes me happy and it gives me nostalgic vibes like i actually lived through it, and I was born 10 years after its release.

Comment

I think her debut is her best album from 80s. It always makes me happy and it gives me nostalgic vibes like i actually lived through it, and I was born 10 years after its release.
            Its a great album and it has aged great, like it sounds very 80s yet fresh with a timeless quality on it.
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by madgikman
              I guess I won't be posting here anymore. It's not a forum, but really just conversations between certain popular members. It's a shame, because this has happened to me in other forums as well. I never felt accepted here at all. I wish you all well.

Oh come on, this place is harmless - I regularly diss Like a Prayer, so my crimes are much worse and I stick it out
              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                Originally posted by RayRay
                I am surprised no one mentions True Blue.
                It is iconic in many ways.
                First album she co-produced and co-wrote.
                First era she had a new look.
                Five international hits.
                All five singles were #1 in the USA or UK.
                Outside of the 5 strong set of singles and commercial success that was one of her weakest albums actually. The non-single tracks don't live up to make a great album as a whole, for me "True Blue" was all about the singles, as for the album I basically prefer her other 80s albums as a whole.

I can’t agree - WTP could have been another hit, and the remaining 3 aren’t any worse than anything on LAV (and are miles better than songs like Love Song or Keep It Together).

I think with time, the singles from TB have truly become so legendary, which has elevated them above the rest of the album. But as a body of work I think it was an improvement on LAV.
                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

I guess I won't be posting here anymore. It's not a forum, but really just conversations between certain popular members. It's a shame, because this has happened to me in other forums as well. I never felt accepted here at all. I wish you all well.
                  What? Don't do that!
                  I always value your posts, although I get what you mean! But please keep on posting here!
                  "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay
                    Five international hits.
                    True Blue is the defenition of pop perfection! Every single song!
                    If I had to rank Madonna's albums True Blue, Like A Prayer, Erotica, Ray Of Light and Confessions would all rank #1

Comment

I would agree to an extent actually - but again, the singles are what make the album. I think the strength of her first 3 albums is that there was easily another global single them:

1. Physical Attraction
                      2. Over and Over / LDLHA
                      3. Where’s The Party
                      Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale
                        Five international hits.
                        If I had to rank Madonna's albums True Blue, Like A Prayer, Erotica, Ray Of Light and Confessions would all rank #1

Don’t cheat.

Do a full album ranking
                        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay
                          White Heat would have been a top 10 hit with a James Bondesque video.

Where's The Party with the You Can Dance intro would have been a classic.

Jimmy Jimmy is catchy and it was one of the favorite songs among my classmates.

Love Makes The World premiered at Live Aid and has a great message.

It is one of the few albums were every song could have been a single and could have gone top 10.
                          Even Ray of Light doesn't have that.

Well ROL had more songs to drag it down
                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

White Heat and Where's the party and kinda ok album tracks, WTP would've been big hit if she released it after LIB.

White Heat is an awesome track, Where's the Party was almost a single, something happened but I don't know what.
                            Jimmy Jimmy and Love Makes the World Go round are other pop gems. I love the album from top to bottom!
                            At the time, I would't skip a single track!

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
                              Originally posted by madgikman

Oh come on, this place is harmless - I regularly diss Like a Prayer, so my crimes are much worse and I stick it out
                              Exactly! And we still love him anyway

Comment

• Anyone seen the allegedly leaked Warner RSD list for this year? Amongst all the other things there's the following listed:

Madonna You Can Dance (Mix 2)(Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
                                Madonna Madonna (Picture Disc Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)

I hope this is true, wonder what the first one is? Mix 2 sounds interesting, like it's not the single edits...???

Source:
                                http://modern-vinyl.com/2018/03/03/rsd- ... ugh-forum/

Comment

• Re: Madonna

Well YCD wasn’t released as edits, but a full mix. I suppose mix 2 could just refer to it bring a second version they opted for when it was originally released?

Or maybe it means it’s the CD version, with the sub versions missed off the vinyl originally?
                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

(and are miles better than songs like Keep It Together).

No.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop
                                      Originally posted by menime123

No.

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Comment

• Just did some research as I recalled a You Can Dance Mix 2 being on eBay before and it was, it was released in Venezuela...it was called mix 2 as there was already a Madonna mix 1 released officially there...hopefully it's not this as it makes little sense to release it like this?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaMale
                                            Five international hits.

Don’t cheat.

Do a full album ranking
                                            Sure!
                                            #1 True Blue, Like a Prayer, Erotica, Ray Of Light, Music and Confessions
                                            #2 Madonna, Like A Virgin, Bedtime Stories, American Life
                                            #3 I'm Breathless, Hard Candy, Rebel Heart
                                            #4 MDNA

Compilations
                                            #1 The Imaculate Collection
                                            #2 Something To Remember
                                            #3 You Can Dance
                                            #4 GHV2
                                            #5 Celebration

#6 Remixed & Revisited

Comment

Don't come for Keep It Together :evil:

Comment

• You are such a cheater,AlphaMale

Comment

Don't worry about it. I remember someone, probably born AFTER she rose to fame mind you, telling me that I never had the right to call myself a fan because I didn't consider MDNA the greatest work of art known to man.... and I think most sane Madonna fans would say ROL is a superior album to MDNA, and I didn't bolt over it.
                                                  My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                                    Originally posted by Westen

Yeah like I said, the singles were great but the overall album is one of her blandest.

"Like a prayer" >> "Madonna" >> "Like a Virgin" >> "True Blue"

Agree except I'd swap LAV and TB. Both albums are single-driven but I can listen to the weaker TB songs over the weaker LAV songs any day. To me, LAV was her teen pop album, which is why I usually don't care to revisit it often.
                                                    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X