Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tennis1400
    the VMAs have no impact anymore for any artist .. mtvs relevance is long gone imo
    This is Madonna - the VMAs are hers, whether they offer sales or not.
    Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Her new vid on IG got me excited.
      That does look like she's rehearsing.
      I'm trying not to hyperventilate like Stevyy says

Comment

• Performances at SuperBowl, Grammys and Brits this decade did nothing for her career .... VMAs won't do sh*t.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
          Performances at SuperBowl, Grammys and Brits this decade did nothing her career .... VMAs won't do sh*t.
          SuperBowl gave her a hit. GMAYL would never have done anything without it.
          It is also a highlight in her career and forever will be.

But even if it did nothing for her career, it is there for us on YouTube to watch.
          UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Re: Madonna

it's not the platform that is important, it's the performance in itself.
            You could perform at GMA and serve the most important performance of your career.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay
              Originally posted by MrLeonix
              Performances at SuperBowl, Grammys and Brits this decade did nothing her career .... VMAs won't do sh*t.
              SuperBowl gave her a hit. GMAYL would never have done anything without it.
              It is also a highlight in her career and forever will be.

But even if it did nothing for her career, it is there for us on YouTube to watch.
              And her tour sold out immediately after it went on sale!
              True that the promo she did for RH did almost nothing for the album. I don't know if the leaks are to blame or if she just don't moves records like she did.
              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop
                Her new vid on IG got me excited.
                That does look like she's rehearsing.
                I'm trying not to hyperventilate like Stevyy says
                I saw it yesterday too. Didn't get if she was just working out or rehearsing for something...

Comment

• An awesome performance on the ESC followed by the announcement of the tour, would mean instant sell outs across Europe and the rest of the world!
                  Also the album must be bundled with tickets the same way they did for MDNA, that everybody criticized, but everybody does it.
                  Trend setter always!

Comment

• Despite common credence, Madonna does have an impressive range, and she has shown it hundreds of times live. People need to understand that she does not use it all the time, like others do. She's not a virtuosa. On the other hand, her voice has had longevity, beyond what most people would expect, maybe because she does not overuse it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale
                      Despite common credence, Madonna does have an impressive range, and she has shown it hundreds of times live. People need to understand that she does not use it all the time, like others do. She's not a virtuosa. On the other hand, her voice has had longevity, beyond what most people would expect, maybe because she does not overuse it.

Mud sticks. She’ll always be known as the pop star with the Minnie Mouse voice to some. Madonna was never going to be the best vocalist, but that wasn’t her USP and you certainly don’t need to have the biggest range in order to be successful, or more importantly, sing.

Madonna’s strength is that she writes and sings songs the average joe can sing along to. You don’t need to be Pavarotti to sing Vogue, Music, or Hung Up, but it takes a special pop star to write hit after hit after hit after hit after hit.

That said, Madonna has an amazing voice - and there’s a huge difference between ‘voice’ and ‘range’. But boy can Madonna sing and what I love about her is that throughout her career, her vocals have improved.

Once upon a time she was the woman stood on top of a wedding cake hoping for the best, and wondering what the hell would come out when she sang. I absolutely adore the rawness of her voice from her early career, but in many ways its the weakest vocal period of her career.

My favourite Madonna vocal style is when she sings in her lower register, like on Music or American Life. But what I admire is how she is never afraid to try new things vocally when recording her albums or performing live - her albums never quite sound the same vocally, because she isn’t afraid to release raw vocals, processes vocals, doubled vocals etc. Anyone who doubts it should listen to American Life and COADF - recorded 3 years apart, but the studio sound of her vocals couldn’t be more different

But what makes them special is that despite everything, a Madonna song always sounds like a MADONNA song - and that’s what is important to me as a fan - that’s how I always just her authenticity when making new music. Like the QUEEN says - ”Not every song can be Vogue”, but every Madonna song must be a Madonna song.

Find me someone who says different - I’ll fight them

Comment

I wanted to ask what everyone’s favourite Madonna song was, but that’s boring. What’s everyone’s favourite drunk Madonna song?

Comment

• I don't have a favorite drunk Madonna song but back in my whoring days,which are long gone,lol,I used to love to listen to some of her songs before heading to my hook ups .
                          Coincidentally,it ended around the release of Rebel Heart but still in time for me to add Holy Water to my playlist
                          The following were always played:
                          Girl Gone Wild
                          Revolver ("line 'em up/knocke'em down ... My body's fully loaded
                          And I've got more ammo " )
                          Celebration (eapecially the remix)
                          Deeper And Deeper
                          Gang Bang
                          I'm Addicted
                          Holy Water
                          Best Night
                          Incredible
                          Dance 2 Night
                          Heartbeat

Ok,that's a confession lol

Comment

^ What do you mean, back?

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
                              I almost wrote a different response but let me not
                              I mean back as in 'back then'

Comment

• My favourite drunk Madonna songs are actually:

Vogue
                                Into The Goove
                                Heartbeat

Vogue because - well, you can do anything you want. ITG and HB because they contain the best advice and reasoning and lyrically speak to personally:

”Only when I’m dancing can I feel this free”
                                ”Dancing makes me feel beautiful

Which IMO, capture the idea of being out, a bit tipsy and just dancing for the sake of dancing perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by menime123

This is UKMix, don’t act all respectable on us - it’s against the rules (somewhere*) to lie to fellow Madonna fans

* and if it’s not I’ll get it added lol.

Comment

• Once ,I almost tattooed "only when I'm dancing can I feel this free' on my forearm but gave up on the idea at the last music.
                                    I LOVE that !

Comment

• I agree and disagree with menime at the same time. Indeed Madonna doesn't have an impressive range, she does have the warmth and ability to be quite an accomplished singer though. That's something that is not widely known outside her fanbase nowadays (mainly due to Madonna's music not being in the forefront of her career for so long) but for great periods in the past Madonna was showcasing great vocal ability (not range) in most of her live appearances and since those appearances were widely watched, her vocal ability was well-known. I mean nobody could argue that Madonna in "Sooner Or Later" (academy awards), "Fever" (Arsenio Hall) or "You Must Love Me" (Golden Globes) cannot sing. Yes, you could say she is not Whitney or Mariah but not sing? no way.

The MInnie Mouse reference was used early on in her career ("Madonna" and "Like A Virgin" albums) and was largely forgotten after the "True Blue" album. So it's not really something that sticked. I do love her lower register too and here's my big disagreement with menime, I do not think her voice improved constantly. I think in the last 3 albums Madonna voice is absent to various degrees and that's what I dislike the most about these albums.

"Hard Candy" sounds mostly phoned in. Yes the voice is there mostly but it sounds like devoid of any passion. Just listen to "4 Minutes". Madonna's voice couldn't show any less interest about doing that part even if she tried.

"MDNA" is the biggest offender of all. The voice is present in some songs but completely absent in others. "Girl Gone Wild" has a totally embarrassing vocal delivery and so do many other songs.

In "Rebel Heart" things are better as her voice shines in more songs but there are still songs where she sounds bored to death vocally ("Unapologetic B*tch" for example). "Devil Pray"'s chorus also shows similar weaknesses.

It's such deliveries on record (and then repeated on stage due to playback) that give Madonna the name of a bad singer nowadays. And that's even more frustrating because while she delivers several songs in a much-to-be-desired both on album and on stage, she delivers amazing totally live performances of obscure songs in obscure shows ("Between The Bars" anyone?) so we do know she can sing but she just chooses not to... why she is doing that is beyond me

She should just focus more on delivering quality material, she can sing, I wish she did it more (like she used to) on record too.

favorite drunk Madonna song? "Dress You Up" of course.
                                      jio CHARTS NOW: 5/4/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...9#post10866219

Comment

Originally posted by BodyShop

This is UKMix, don’t act all respectable on us - it’s against the rules (somewhere*) to lie to fellow Madonna fans

Maybe if someday I post while being drunk,I do that then
                                        But it's SO rare for me to get drunk due to my military diet that this day will probably never come

Comment

I absolutely adore the rawness of her voice from her early career, but in many ways its the weakest vocal period of her career.
                                          Her early days were not the weakest vocal period of her career tho ..... Her weakest vocal period is basically NOW .. And everything since 2008 up until now when the overprocessed effects on her voice became the protagonist of her last 10 years' recordings, it started with "Hard Candy", and it went worse from there, Rebel Heart's vocal production is the worst part of the album.

However I do agree that she drastically improved her vocals over the years and peaked between 1996-1998. "Evita" and "Ray of light" showcased the biggest strength and beauty of her voice, that was her reached full potential as a vocalist.
                                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Originally posted by BodyShop

Maybe if someday I post while being drunk,I do that then
                                            But it's SO rare for me to get drunk due to my military diet that this day will probably never come

Vodka has like zero calories, and is endorsed by Madonna:

How could you say your Queen is wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                              I absolutely adore the rawness of her voice from her early career, but in many ways its the weakest vocal period of her career.
                                              Her early days were not the weakest vocal period of her career tho ..... Her weakest vocal period is basically NOW .. And everything since 2008 up until now when the overprocessed effects on her voice became the protagonist of her last 10 years' recordings, it started with "Hard Candy", and it went worse from there, Rebel Heart's vocal production is the worst part of the album.

However I do agree that she drastically improved her vocals over the years and peaked between 1996-1998. "Evita" and "Ray of light" showcased the biggest strength and beauty of her voice, that was her reached full potential as a vocalist.
                                              How can you say this is her weakest era when she sings TB, LDLHAM and LVER so beautifully live? Messiah has an amazing vocal, Devil Pray is heavenly and Joan of Arc has such a controlled, heartbreaking tone.

I can’t agree. But I do love the rawness and untrained vocal of her first 2 eras.

Comment

Once ,I almost tattooed "only when I'm dancing can I feel this free' on my forearm but gave up on the idea at the last music.
                                                I LOVE that !
                                                I once convinced myself to get the ‘DAD’ bicep tattoo, but by the time I turned 18 I’d given up on the idea, and thank god. I hate tattoos. Vulgar things imo.

Comment

My drunk M song is Girl Gone Wild. Best Madonna song ever and should've been #1 everywhere and break records
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Voted for Little Star.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X