Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy
    My drunk M song is Girl Gone Wild. Best Madonna song ever and should've been #1 everywhere and break records

GGW is amazeballs. I’ve never understood why it wasn’t huge. Sure, it could have done with a better video, but the song is amazing and easily in my top 10 favourite Madonna songs of all time
    Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• GGW not becoming a hit and actually bombing extremely hard was one of the best things and fairest justices that happened in Madonna's career and the music industry as a whole.
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
        GGW not becoming a hit and actually bombing extremely hard was one of the best things and fairest justices that happened in Madonna's career and the music industry as a whole.
        Oh please. It’s no worse than Work Bitch - Britney could have made it a hit, or Rihanna imo. I have no idea why it was ignored. Shows how much a performance was needed imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay
          Originally posted by MrLeonix
          Performances at SuperBowl, Grammys and Brits this decade did nothing her career .... VMAs won't do sh*t.
          SuperBowl gave her a hit. GMAYL would never have done anything without it.
          It is also a highlight in her career and forever will be.

But even if it did nothing for her career, it is there for us on YouTube to watch.
          That's not true at all. GMAYL debuted at #13 on hot 100 with just 2 days of sales BEFORE Superbowl.
          She would've got top 10 without superbowl anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
            Originally posted by RayRay
            Performances at SuperBowl, Grammys and Brits this decade did nothing her career .... VMAs won't do sh*t.

But even if it did nothing for her career, it is there for us on YouTube to watch.
            That's not true at all. GMAYL debuted at #13 on hot 100 with just 2 days of sales BEFORE Superbowl.

Wasn’t Payola at play? I seem to remember some sort of radio deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
              Originally posted by Westen
              Originally posted by RayRay

Wasn’t Payola at play? I seem to remember some sort of radio deal.
              Everyone had radio deal back in 2011-2013. She would've have it without Superbowl.

Comment

GGW not becoming a hit and actually bombing extremely hard was one of the best things and fairest justices that happened in Madonna's career and the music industry as a whole.
                Oh please. It’s no worse than Work Bitch - Britney could have made it a hit, or Rihanna imo. I have no idea why it was ignored. Shows how much a performance was needed imo.
                It was terrible song. Basic, generic and just lifeless. The fact that you say that someone else could've made it a hit means it simply wasn't Madonna song.

Comment

• Re: Madonna

Way to ignore the ageism

Comment

• GGW was just a generic tune .... Not generic good but that generic type that anyone could have released. It would for sure still be among Rihanna's or Britney's worst singles if they had released it.

Its literally a tragedy.
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Well I love it. Such a slut anthem

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop
                        Once ,I almost tattooed "only when I'm dancing can I feel this free' on my forearm but gave up on the idea at the last music.
                        I LOVE that !
                        You should've done it! I have 3 Madonna tattoos, but only one was on impulse. I got M13 on my bicep lol it was only $30.It was a Friday the 13th special lol

Comment

• Originally posted by madgikman
                          Originally posted by BodyShop
                          Once ,I almost tattooed "only when I'm dancing can I feel this free' on my forearm but gave up on the idea at the last music.
                          I LOVE that !
                          You should've done it! I have 3 Madonna tattoos, but only one was on impulse. I got M13 on my bicep lol it was only $30.It was a Friday the 13th special lol

Photos are required or your membership to this thread will be revoked

Comment

• Originally posted by madgikman
                            I LOVE that !
                            I did tattoo one Of her lyrics tho
                            Ain't telling which one is that tho

Comment

Well I love it. Such a slut anthem
                              It really is hahah

Comment

Originally posted by madgikman
                                I LOVE that !

Photos are required or your membership to this thread will be revoked
                                Lol Even if I wanted to, I still don't know how to post pics in here! I also have the M logo from MDNA with a crest around it with the Blond Ambition tour crown above it. Sounds confusing, but this is the pic I took to the artist for inspiration
                                https://goo.gl/images/RqMVKx

Comment

• Ugh! That sounds awesome. At least how I'm picturing it in my mind

Comment

So what's with her LN contract now? Does she still owe an album and a tour or is she fresh n'good to go for for a new deal?

Comment

Oh I voted for Sky Fits Heaven btw, one of her best tunes overall

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen
                                        So what's with her LN contract now? Does she still owe an album and a tour or is she fresh n'good to go for for a new deal?
                                        We don’t know.

The original deal was for 4 tours and 3 albums, but apparently S&S09 lead to a contract negotiation - some fans believe it counts as one of the 4, whilst others think it counts as the same tour.

Either way, there’s been no press about Madonna signing or agreeing any sort of deal with anyone. So once she delivers this album she hasn’t got a recording contract. I mean she’ll never not have one if she wants one, but that’s what makes me nervous - does she want one after this album?

No matter how much I disagree with ageism, she is 60 this year. Can I see her singing LAV at 70? I’m not so sure.

Comment

• She has re invented like a virgin a billion times, and she will do it again at 70 years old to suit whatever message she's trying to give us.
                                          As for a recording contract, does she need one in this day and age?
                                          It's not like she's a newcomer who needs the help of a label.
                                          Radios won't player anymore, so...
                                          "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop
                                            Originally posted by madgikman
                                            I LOVE that !
                                            I did tattoo one Of her lyrics tho
                                            Ain't telling which one is that tho
                                            Do tell and where is it?
                                            Is it Jump?
                                            "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

No votes for 'Superstar' in the poll. Not surprised as it's such a dire song
                                              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjamin
                                                No votes for 'Superstar' in the poll. Not surprised as it's such a dire song
                                                It would have been my third choice though.
                                                UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

[tweet:2vj58yce]https://twitter.com/Madonna/status/975045451970949121[/tweet:2vj58yce]
                                                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                                    GGW was just a generic tune .... Not generic good but that generic type that anyone could have released. It would for sure still be among Rihanna's or Britney's worst singles if they had released it.

Its literally a tragedy.
                                                    for someone like Britney GGW would have been a highlight imo

Comment

Working...
                                                    X