No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really enjoyed it. As always, she's real about the experience. The first time I heard this album I had about the same reaction, it's not a "Wow every song blows me away" album at first, but overall it made me want to revisit.
    "Lift up your head
    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
      Basically why I dont bother with these Youtubers.
      [MENTION=24476]Shadowplay[/MENTION] takes it all out of context though. Of course if she knows more of Gaga and she's getting into Madonna, something might remind her of Gaga cause that's who she knew first. Come on!
      "Lift up your head
      Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Anyone know why when she reviewed Rebel Heart she didn't listen to the Rebel Heart song?

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
          Anyone know why when she reviewed Rebel Heart she didn't listen to the Rebel Heart song?
          Cause it's not on the original album.
          "Lift up your head
          Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION]
            Oh, please...
            I would never say that the Beatles remind me of Oasis because i knew the Gallagher bros first, come on. It’s so naive...
            And if it’s there a song completely different from Gaga’s sound it is TPOG (or any ROL track).
            Said this, she can have any reaction she wants, of course, and we can cringe whenever she says something cringeworthy ;-)
            "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• I predicted AJ wouldn't dig "Candy Perfume Girl" and "Shanti". How delightful was she when discovered that it was "Frozen" that she'd heard on She's Gotta Have It. Alrighty, Bedtime Stories up next...still want your review on that one too, [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION]
              The sands of time fade into dark
              Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
              A message to madness
              Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                I predicted AJ wouldn't dig "Candy Perfume Girl" and "Shanti". How delightful was she when discovered that it was "Frozen" that she'd heard on She's Gotta Have It. Alrighty, Bedtime Stories up next...still want your review on that one too, [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION]
                Ugh I know! I was gonna give it the listen it deserves weeks ago and never got around to it. I will though cause I also wanna hear the older albums.

"Lift up your head
                Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• I love that she jammed to To Have and Not to Hold, one of the most underrated tracks on RoL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                    Cause it's not on the original album.
                    Forgot about that.

So if Ajay is only listening to studio albums and that means she won't include I'm Breathless album, this means she'll never hear Vogue!? How blasphemous.

Comment

• She probably already knows Vogue lol. Besides, she would TEAR Im Breathless a new one. Maybe she would like Something to Remember the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                        She probably already knows Vogue lol. Besides, she would TEAR Im Breathless a new one. Maybe she would like Something to Remember the song.
                        She's all over the place at times, so maybe she would enjoy more on I'm Breathless than one believes.

Comment

• Maybe Im Going Bananas will be her favorite M song.

Comment

• Dead.

She needs to re-review Madame X again. Sorry it’s too good to lay it to dust like that.

Comment

• I think she has a very commercial taste with the odd non-commercial song there that she likes. Also hates long songs for some reason? How can you get tired of Skin or Sky Fits Heaven?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
                                “This song (The Power of Good-Bye) reminds me of Lady Gaga”

R#O#T#F#L
                                Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                [MENTION=24476]Shadowplay[/MENTION] takes it all out of context though. Of course if she knows more of Gaga and she's getting into Madonna, something might remind her of Gaga cause that's who she knew first. Come on!
                                Sorry Heji, but it wasn't taken out of context. It's just dumb millennial speak before you think about it crap. There's 0 logical explanations why she would compare an album that came out when Gagz was 11-12 years old to something she did more than a decade after the album came out. It's a hilariously dumb thing to do.

I skimmed over the review. At this rate you can make an edit of every future "reaction" this girl will make. She's too repetitive and adds nothing.

"She did dat!"

"Sonically"

"Lyrically"

"I don't know about this one."

"...but as the song progressed..."

I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• After she heard The Power of Goodbye:

“Wow! Her vocals! Who told her to start using autotune?”

I think she’s right, Madonna’s voice is better (and powerful enough) when it’s natural: Masterpiece, Ghosttown, Joan of Arc…

Comment

• Why is everyone getting so worked out over a random person's Madonna reviews?????
                                    jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                                      Why is everyone getting so worked out over a random person's Madonna reviews?????
                                      This. I find it a bit pathetic tbh.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ^^Because there’s nothing to talk about.
                                        Her tour will start next week for the lucky fews.
                                        Her album is dead and buried since the beginning of summer.

Comment

• Do you think it would've been better if she released some of the video after the album release? They would've flopped anyway but at least they could've ignited some interest?
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Yes.
                                            Especially considering they are quality videos, not TUTR style.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              Do you think it would've been better if she released some of the video after the album release? They would've flopped anyway but at least they could've ignited some interest?
                                              Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
                                              Yes.
                                              Especially considering they are quality videos, not TUTR style.
                                              God Control (June 26th) and Batuka (July 19th) were released after the album release (June 14th).

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                God Control (June 26th) and Batuka (July 19th) were released after the album release (June 14th).
                                                But they were released so soon. She could've released them between 2-3 months periods.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ^It wouldn't make a difference TBH.

She could release a promo video of a tour performance for all we know, so we might get more videos.

Comment

• A promo video of the tour is quite likely. Crazy could be a good choice IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                                                      Why is everyone getting so worked out over a random person's Madonna reviews?????
                                                      Because her reviews are fun and interesting and it’s always good to see people discovering new Madonna music. Why so serious?????

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                        This. I find it a bit pathetic tbh.
                                                        Oh well if spiritboy finds it pathetic, then that definitely means I’m going to stop!

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                                          Because her reviews are fun and interesting and it’s always good to see people discovering new Madonna music. Why so serious?????
                                                          NOT
                                                          NOT

Comment

• Saying "Power of Goodbye" sounding like Gaga song says it all
                                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                                              Oh well if spiritboy finds it pathetic, then that definitely means I’m going to stop!
                                                              I honestly don't a give a damn about what you do or don't do
                                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                              X