Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
    I love this look. When was it? You'll See/Something to Remember era?

Think that's Golden Globes 1997.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• ^^
      Thanks. Motherhood made her even more beautiful.

Comment

• Iconic

Comment

• ^ Though I never really liked the movie, I loved Madonna as Susan. Have seen it sooooo often.

Remember the reviews: Madonna should give up singing. She is a much better actress.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post

And as versatile as she’s been, I wish she could deliver a shorter and more cohesive album next time around. Both Rebel Heart and Madame X had great songs on them, don’t get me wrong, but I do think that the plurality of genres probably confused the average listener. What’s the theme? Message? What binds the songs together? In Rebel Heart she tried to pretend that the diversity of styles was due to it representing the duality of her personality (the romantic and the rebellious), and then in MX, she tried to sold it to us under the narrative that MX travels around the world fighting against injustice and world music thing, etc, but I think she’s been working with too many songwriters and producers. Rebel Heart ended up being too long, in my opinion, and MX, as much as I love it and how daring it is, it feels a bit disconnected here and there.

When I think of cohesion I think of Kasey Musgraves and her Golden Hour album, or even if I’m not the biggest Mariah fan, Caution was a good, perfect cohesive piece of work too.
            Very interesting analysis ! I'm sure she could have a lot of fun releasing shorter, slightly more cohesive projects.
            But I can appreciate the fact she collaborates with different artists. I totally get what you're saying but sometimes, having artists collaborating with the same people can lead to predictable songs (not always of course).
            If you have 5 minutes, please check out my song "Alibi" on YouTube.

Comment

• Don't know if of any interest, but kazakh trio Made In KZ have just released a cover of "La Isla Bonita"

trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
              trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Nice to see Madonna being mentioned here:

Coronavirus: World leaders pledge billions for vaccine fight

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52525387
                “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Hey Everyone! So some M fans are trying to get Madame X to 150 million streams by the 1 year anniversary of June 14, 2020. We are currently at 145,354,685. We only need an average of 119,111 per day to hit the mark. We have 39 days to go. Three days ago streams were 125k for the day and recently 109k for the day so very doable. If the album is not your favorite, even streaming your favorite song on the album will help. This is all in fun as many of us are still in quarantine. Happy Streaming!

Comment

• yo lo escucho todos los dias!!

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
                      I love this look. When was it? You'll See/Something to Remember era?

OMG. She was completely fabulous here

Comment

• There has been a Whos That Girl Tour live audio added to some Spotify accounts in different countries. I am not seeing it in the US though. Probably unofficial oversite on someones part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                          There has been a Whos That Girl Tour live audio added to some Spotify accounts in different countries. I am not seeing it in the US though. Probably unofficial oversite on someones part.
                          It hangs on her YouTube channel for about 3 days now. No idea why.
                          [center:vkux8078]FOLLOW THE DUCK[/center:vkux8078]

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad_Bobby2009 View Post

It hangs on her YouTube channel for about 3 days now. No idea why.
                            very strange indeed! Same with the “Australia” 2-CD broadcast from 1993. They’re just there with their own playlist and all.
                            “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• The unofficial audio on her youtube is because YT automatically adds videos to your account with the same name or something. So thats not surprising and it doesnt even show up if you go to her most recent videos section. Spotify usually doesnt do that or maybe some label uploaded it and Madonnas team have yet to notice.

Comment

• Did anyone check out her recent IG story. Images of NYC with Falling Free playing. But it doesn't sound like the album version! Sounds more live. Can anyone tell if that is the album version or not. I would be surprised if it is, but maybe it just sounds different for some odd reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                  Did anyone check out her recent IG story. Images of NYC with Falling Free playing. But it doesn't sound like the album version! Sounds more live. Can anyone tell if that is the album version or not. I would be surprised if it is, but maybe it just sounds different for some odd reason.
                                  It sounds deeper. I know they rehearsed it for the MX Tour so perhaps that was the version. That or she pitched it so it wouldnt be deleted for copyright.

Comment

• seems she's getting some treatment soon, hope for a speedy recovery

Comment

• In Rolling Stone Magazine, singer Bono from U2 published his list of “60 Songs That Saved My Life” to commemorate his 60th birthday. Number 22 on the list is “Ray of Light” by Madonna. He included this letter addressed to Madonna: “Dearest M, This song has propelled a few great nights out… and of course our days are better for such excursions. The thing that catches me consistently about your work is not the luminescence, the wild personas, the feminism, the sexual activism… it’s the song writing. And often the production. Here, the great William Orbit… but so many other great songs. Because the thing that persists is your EAR for a great melody… and your LIP… whether biting or kissing or cussing or laughing. Laughs, let’s have more of those. Your fan, Bono” https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ight-3-999255/
                                      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• That's nice of bono saying.

She is undergoing a stem cell treatment. I wish her the perfect recovery.
                                        Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• How emotional the video of falling Free and that version, I wish I could hear it all!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                              That's nice of bono saying.
                                              No it wasnt. He praised William Orbit and said Madonna was good for a "night out".

Comment

No it wasnt. He praised William Orbit and said Madonna was good for a "night out".
                                                That's reductive.
                                                "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• With Coati Mundi, 1987.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                                    In Rolling Stone Magazine, singer Bono from U2 published his list of “60 Songs That Saved My Life” to commemorate his 60th birthday. Number 22 on the list is “Ray of Light” by Madonna. He included this letter addressed to Madonna: “Dearest M, This song has propelled a few great nights out… and of course our days are better for such excursions. The thing that catches me consistently about your work is not the luminescence, the wild personas, the feminism, the sexual activism… it’s the song writing. And often the production. Here, the great William Orbit… but so many other great songs. Because the thing that persists is your EAR for a great melody… and your LIP… whether biting or kissing or cussing or laughing. Laughs, let’s have more of those. Your fan, Bono” https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ight-3-999255/
                                                    He's so cute. I love U2

Comment

• Medellín is now out of her top 10 most popular songs, replaced by the album version of Like a Prayer which is one of the reasons why they should be merged

https://imgur.com/MaHGErD

Comment

• Her Hung Up live performance at Coachella 2006 post on her YouTube channel today is mesmerizing

I wish she would release another album as good as COADF

Comment

• She has and had released better then COADF.

Comment

She has and had released better then COADF.
                                                            Yeah I get why COADF would be overrated by her fans but she has made better records. Put I Love New York on any other album and people would call it her worst ever.

Overall though some lyrics are uninspired and I think the reason why it's overrated is just because it used disco sounds and 80% of her fans are old gays who want her to just sing and dance on stage. It feels she's more creatively fulfilled when she's doing an American Life, Erotica or Madame X.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commotion View Post

Yeah I get why COADF would be overrated by her fans but she has made better records. Put I Love New York on any other album and people would call it her worst ever.

Overall though some lyrics are uninspired and I think the reason why it's overrated is just because it used disco sounds and 80% of her fans are old gays who want her to just sing and dance on stage. It feels she's more creatively fulfilled when she's doing an American Life, Erotica or Madame X.
                                                              I agree with this sooo much. Those “fans” just want her to keep her politics/opinions to herself and release dance music with cliched/silly lyrics. They can go listen to Kylie, I say. I’m so glad M never really does what her fans want her to do.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X