Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted
    Last edited by jjavier1978; Fri May 22nd, 2020, 03:28.
    Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• "Confessions" is not overrated IMO, it got everything (sales and acclaim) as deserved for being a body of work with high detail and quality in addition of being extremely well produced.

and yes it's dance with influences of Disco but it isn't this bubbly safe happy dance generic album, not at all, in fact COADF is quite dark, introspective and moody / atmospheric in it's majority. Songs like "Let It Wil Be", "Forbidden Love", "Jump", "How High", "Isaac" and "Like It Or Not" are great artistic statements.

it isn't her best album but hell it is among her best ones.
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
        "Confessions" is not overrated IMO, it got everything (sales and acclaim) as deserved for being a body of work with high detail and quality in addition of being extremely well produced.

and yes it's dance with influences of Disco but it isn't this bubbly safe happy dance generic album, not at all, in fact COADF is quite dark, introspective and moody / atmospheric in it's majority. Songs like "Let It Wil Be", "Forbidden Love", "Jump", "How High", "Isaac" and "Like It Or Not" are great artistic statements.

it isn't her best album but hell it is among her best ones.
        I get that, maybe I overplayed it cus when I listen to it I recognise it's a really good album. I feel Jump is kind of generic, How High lacks some punch and is repetitive, she's said she wrote Hung Up in 10 minutes and she feels stupid singing Sorry. I don't get some production decisions (if you listen to her voice in Nothing Fails and then Hung Up back to back you can see it's quite stark how much her voice was edited).

And personally I don't like how there was that abrupt stop to the American Life Madonna, political and critical, and then she shuts up about her opinions and people wanna listen to her again. I think she missed that part of her too and it took her until Madame X to get back to it.

Comment

• The production on her voice is the best thing about CoADF because her "crow" voice was already coming. Stuart knew how to use vocal layering to hide that. How High isnt repetitive either... it literally follows a verse/chorus structure. Now there are some generic songs like ILNY and Push. I like them, but i can recognize that they are weaker. I also am not that big a fan of Future Lovers. Its mostly talking.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Madonna followed Lana Del Rey on Instagram
              Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
              My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
              Forever and always!

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                Madonna followed Lana Del Rey on Instagram
                Yet Lana didn’t follow her back. It’s always puzzled me that all these younger divas allegedly admire Madonna, but none of them seem particularly keen on her, really... P!nk and Kelly Clarkson also were (have been?) huge Madonna fans for years yet they don’t follow her on social media either...
                “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Angeman
                  Angeman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Madonnas instagram is an assualt on the senses most of the time. So I dont blame them.

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post

Yet Lana didn’t follow her back. It’s always puzzled me that all these younger divas allegedly admire Madonna, but none of them seem particularly keen on her, really... P!nk and Kelly Clarkson also were (have been?) huge Madonna fans for years yet they don’t follow her on social media either...
                Britney follows Madonna. Her most loyal diva fan!

Not even the so-called fan “I admire her so much” Kylie Minogue follows Madonna on Instagram.

It’s not that Madonna follows many divas on Instagram though. She only follows Britney, Rihanna, Taylor, Miley, Katy, Lana, Ariana and Gaga.

and it bugs me that Rihanna and Gaga don’t follow her back btw.

Also I’m surprised that Madonna doesn’t follow Beyoncé on Instagram. She doesn’t follow Kylie, Adele, J.Lo, Shakira, Xtina, P!nk, Gwen, Mariah, Janet or Celine either.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Unlike most of her peers, Britney is a humble and lovely queen! Madonna is the ultimate queen and every single musician (male of female) should show her great respect.
                  Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Who would want to follow Madonna on Instagram tho.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                      Who would want to follow Madonna on Instagram tho.
                      15,1 million people.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Bob Dylan stans! That's pretty cool.
                          https://twitter.com/JustJared/status...574855680?s=20

Comment

• Guy Oseary no longer running Maverick to focus on Madonna and U2

Guy Oseary decided to stop running Maverick to have more time to focus on management of Madonna and U2.

Oseary has “stepped down” from the day-to-day running Maverick, the management collective he founded in 2014.

“I’m ready for my new chapter and welcome the opportunity to have more time to focus on management of Madonna and U2 while furthering my passion for identifying and incubating revolutionary businesses,” said Oseary in a statement.

Moving forward, Oseary will segue to a consulting role with Live Nation, specifically for CEO Michael Rapino for the next three years, while continuing to represent Madonna and U2 under the Maverick banner. A statement by Live Nation notes that Oseary will be “concentrating on his entrepreneurial interests, investing in and incubating companies on the cutting edge of technology and entertainment.”

Partnered with Ashton Kutcher in venture capital firm Sound Ventures, Oseary’s investments include prescient stakes in Uber, Airbnb, Spotify, Pinterest and Square, among others. He’s also an investor in Peloton and the co-founder of budding social media platform Community.

Said Rapino: “Guy built an incredible team at Maverick and his work with U2 and Madonna is unmatched. Live Nation has always been about putting the artist first and no one knows that better than Guy. I look forward to continuing our work together on projects including U2, Madonna and beyond.”

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2020/...Dp6dR3TjWB24fo
                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I wished it was the opposite. Stay at Maverick and leave Madonna to someone more talented.
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• UnapologeticKenny
                                UnapologeticKenny commented
                                Editing a comment
                                For one second I thought that was the case. Just a moment of happiness though...

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                              I wished it was the opposite. Stay at Maverick and leave Madonna to someone more talented.
                              Exactly

Comment

• The haircut that she was supposed to have in the video of Secret.

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
                                  The haircut that she was supposed to have in the video of Secret.

I wonder why they changed it to the more sleeked back hair?

Comment

• Do you think we'll have the dvd of the tour before Xmas?

Comment

• Angeman
                                      Angeman commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Yes we will have by Xmas 2021.

• Madonna cheerleader in her school year book

LINK

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
                                      The haircut that she was supposed to have in the video of Secret.

Hopefully we'll get an alternative video one day with some of these shots.
                                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post

I wonder why they changed it to the more sleeked back hair?
                                        Cause Warner hated it and ordered her to change everything especially that awful photoshoot that was supposed to be the album cover.
                                        Thank God for their good taste btw lol. The hair was actually fine but did you see her make-up? OMG it was so heavy and she looked like a clown ,honestly
                                        Last edited by BodyShop; Sun June 7th, 2020, 17:41.

Comment

• Crow voice? What do you mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

Cause Warner hated it and ordered her to change everything especially that awful photoshoot that was supposed to be the album cover.
                                            Thank God for their good taste btw lol. The hair was actually fine but did you see her make-up? OMG it was so heavy and she looked like a clown ,honestly
                                            Which photoshoot was originally meant to be for the album cover?

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Which photoshoot was originally meant to be for the album cover?
                                              I have received many gifts from God,
                                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Just uploaded this.

[center:vkux8078]FOLLOW THE DUCK[/center:vkux8078]

Comment

• That second pic of Madonna looks like an airbrushed woman in her 70s. Yikes!
                                                  Sometimes the label is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

Just to make things clear, although I hate the photoshoot -posted above by beredy - I was referring to the cancelled video for Secret when I talked about the clown-like make-up

Comment

• I really like the BS cover used for the limited ed 12" but I'm more than happy with the "regular" CD album cover; now the sepia photo one is rather ugly !

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                                        I really like the BS cover used for the limited ed 12" but I'm more than happy with the "regular" CD album cover; now the sepia photo one is rather ugly !
                                                        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X