Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
    The production on her voice is the best thing about CoADF because her "crow" voice was already coming. Stuart knew how to use vocal layering to hide that. How High isnt repetitive either... it literally follows a verse/chorus structure. Now there are some generic songs like ILNY and Push. I like them, but i can recognize that they are weaker. I also am not that big a fan of Future Lovers. Its mostly talking.
    What do you mean her “Crow” voice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
      The production on her voice is the best thing about CoADF because her "crow" voice was already coming. Stuart knew how to use vocal layering to hide that. How High isnt repetitive either... it literally follows a verse/chorus structure. Now there are some generic songs like ILNY and Push. I like them, but i can recognize that they are weaker. I also am not that big a fan of Future Lovers. Its mostly talking.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Exactly
        What mistakes has he made as a Manager?

Comment

• Did Madonna and Patrick Leonard have a falling out? Why did they stop ✋ working together?

Comment

• Originally posted by ReubenWalton View Post
            Did Madonna and Patrick Leonard have a falling out? Why did they stop ✋ working together?
            I never heard of a falling out. Madonna is not the kind of person to work with the same person for every album. She likes to experiment with different sounds, producers and writers.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• jjavier1978
              jjavier1978 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, She is not Sade or Enya...

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I never heard of a falling out. Madonna is not the kind of person to work with the same person for every album. She likes to experiment with different sounds, producers and writers.
            He did music for her 2008 documentary. I don't think they had a falling out. Considering the direction of MDNA and RH, she (or he himself) probably felt having him would be misplaced. But I could see him being a worthwhile addition to the MX sessions though.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by ReubenWalton View Post

Since around 2008 fans have said Madonna has a high thin voice. You can hear it a lot throughout Hard Candy and during the Sticky and Sweet Tour or the verses of Living for Love.

Comment

• https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...t-dance-songs/

The 100 Best Dance Songs of All Time

42. Madonna, “Hung Up” (2005)

“Hung Up” employs a ticking clock to represent fear of wasted time, but Madonna isn’t singing about aging or saving the world—she’s talking about love. Coming on the heels of the spiritual musings of Ray of Light and the pedantic socio-political posturing of 2003’s American Life, “Hung Up” was decidedly vapid. With its pitched-upward vocals, infectious arpeggio sample from ABBA’s “Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight),” and the bridge’s unironic, archetypical key change, the track points to the past, and it proved that, 20 years into her career, Madonna was still the one and only Dancing Queen. Cinquemani

17. Madonna, “Into the Groove” (1985)

In my review of Confessions on a Dance Floor, I made a distinction between “Into the Groove” and Madonna’s other famous dance anthems, namely the meta “Music,” but also the image-conscious “Vogue” and “Holiday,” on which Madonna posits The Dance as a venue for social change, or, at least, an escape from the bleak reality waiting on the fringes of the dance floor. But with “Into the Groove,” she’s unapologetically single-minded: It’s love she’s looking for, not just a dance partner. On her very first single, “Everybody,” she beckoned to the boy sitting on the sidelines to come dance with her but stopped just short of inviting him to touch her body. It’s hard to imagine the most famous woman in the world dancing alone in her bedroom at night, locking the doors so “no one else can see” (as she sings here), but you can’t help but believe her. The song—and Madonna’s performance—are that good. Music can be such a revelation, indeed. Cinquemani

2. Madonna, “Vogue” (1990)

Madonna’s dance floor, like the arena of the drag ball, has the atmosphere of a sports event, a place of social communion. The thrill of voguing for black and Latino queens is trying to pass for white. Madonna understands this “racial pathology,” to quote critic Armond White, as a form of “going with the flow” compliance. “Beauty is where you find it,” she sings, counteracting the self-denying fantasy voguing encourages—the song could be a precursor to Celeda’s “Be Yourself.” Madonna may find beauty in the Hollywood icons of the past but she understands the feelings of negation their stardom often disguised. Producer Shep Pettibone, a white boy whose roots lie in house and hip-hop, helps stress this idea with his gussied-up house beats; he and Madonna recognize voguing for the artifice that it is. This is a point White doesn’t get when he criticizes the singer’s white-fixated roll-call of stars, forgetting that Rita Hayworth was born Margarita Carmen Cansino and that her superstar status in white-bread Hollywood was predicated on her ability to give good face. Gonzalez

Comment

• ^ cool she has 3 songs on the list but quite awful reviews, no? The “Vogue” one is particularly appalling. Shame they didn’t include “Music”.
                  A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Comment

• Madonna made the Guilty Pleasure Top 1500 of Q-Music (popular radio station here).
                    Listeners could vote for their favorite guilty pleasures.

No less than 14 of her hits made the list:

Like A Virgin
                    Like A Prayer
                    La Isla Bonita
                    Material Girl
                    Papa Don't Preach
                    Vogue
                    Holiday
                    Hung Up
                    Who's That Girl
                    Borderline
                    Into The Groove
                    Dress You Up
                    True Blue
                    American Pie

Comment

• Well, any all-time dance list that lists 3 Madonna songs but not "Holiday" loses all credibility for me...
                      jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

• My two dance floor guilty pleasures from M would be Into The Groove and Hung Up

Their two bridges are still something to this day...

ITG: live out your fantasy here with me...
                        HU: I can't keep on waiting for you...

Comment

• Comment

• Death metal cover of Frozen https://youtu.be/s9Hnqm_LLHk

Comment

• The Human Nature maxi single has been added to Spotify as well as unnofficially to her Youtube account. Wonder if they are adding more singles or if this was a type of "Social Justice" addition.

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
                                I don't think I've ever seen this pic before!

Comment

• Anyone else watched "Glitch"?

So I am on S3E3, they are in a karaoke and there is the question:
                                  -Which song gave Madonna a #1 single in 1989 in both USA & UK?
                                  and she answers "Crazy For You"
                                  and he goes "Correct"
                                  jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

• I actually watched that show, but I'm not sure I finished it. I might've seen first two seasons. It started off good, but felt as a pointless show going in circles pretty soon. I don't remember that particular Madonna mention, so I probably didn't get to that episode. Let me know if the ending is good or they just pulled a Lost (which is what show reminded me of a lot, but not even remotely as good - at least compared to the first season of Lost which was great but it lost its way slowly after that).

Comment

• She missed the forbes

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                        I actually watched that show, but I'm not sure I finished it. I might've seen first two seasons. It started off good, but felt as a pointless show going in circles pretty soon. I don't remember that particular Madonna mention, so I probably didn't get to that episode. Let me know if the ending is good or they just pulled a Lost (which is what show reminded me of a lot, but not even remotely as good - at least compared to the first season of Lost which was great but it lost its way slowly after that).
                                        It got proper ending and it's nice show in general. But I don't remember that Madonna reference either
                                        When we lose what we love
                                        Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                        When we lose what we love
                                        Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• I've read that Dua Lipa wants to collaborate with Madonna. I would really like to have both of them on a song, therefore I hope that there's something coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel X View Post
                                            I've read that Dua Lipa wants to collaborate with Madonna. I would really like to have both of them on a song, therefore I hope that there's something coming.
                                            Yes, I read her team contacted Madonna and is now waiting for an answer. Hope Madonna will do it.

Comment

• When will her team remaster her early music videos in HD? Many of the music videos were Shoot on film.

Comment

• So are y’all gonna start streaming Erotica or what??
                                                Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Poor Erotica :(
                                                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Justice for Dita!!!

Comment

• #streamerotica this week!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

So are y’all gonna start streaming Erotica or what??

this sum includes all versions of the songs
                                                        Another one in the casket

Comment

• I'm probably super late on this, but I heard the "Sorry" demo for the first time last night, and it's pretty good! I like some of the lyrics more than the ones that made it to the final mix.

Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [Starting soon]

Comment

• Madonna's career total has now surpassed $1.5 billion from over 15.1 million tickets sold. She's the first woman in history to achieve this milestone (667 shows performed) @madonna @guyoseary #madonnafans #madonnahistory #madge #fashionblogger #fashion #music #diva #mdnaskin #madonna #queenofpop #queen #madamex #M14
                                                            "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Working...
                                                            X