Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    Agreed. I was a mod on their forum for years but it became quite the negative place. I much prefer this one thread with a few good souls and the odd random WTF comment!
    I only like Neil (andifeel) there. The things they write about Madonna. Who needs liddos when her fans drag her to the pits
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Madonna and her team are doing an exceptional job keeping everything so secretive. Bravo 👏. Truly hope the new era will be her huge comeback ever

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
        Madonna and her team are doing an exceptional job keeping everything so secretive. Bravo . Truly hope the new era will be her huge comeback ever

I agree - a wonderful job thus far. We know nothing and what we think we might know mostly comes from Madonna herself on Instagram. There’s usually rumoured venues being booked with tour dates leaking and stuff and yet we have nothing on that front either.

The pieces are slowly merging though. We know her single appears to have a choir on it, the video is shot, that it appears to be a party song (she drops a bottle of alcohol in the video teaser), she’s wearing a wig in it and that if the Eurovision rumours are true, the timing adds up nicely if you consider the amount of time her video post production takes nowadays.

We are almost there. Finally. The question is, when will the announcement come? If we don’t get it for Valentine’s Day, I think they’ll save it until the end of April and announce everything - including Eurovision - together in one mass news burst (single, album, performance, tour).
        Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• If it's coming in May, it's useless to announce it so soon, all the hype would be dead by the time the single is released. We'll get the announcement in April the earliest i think.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Yes, I agree... I don’t want a long lead up between announcement and delivery. Previously she’s sent songs to radio a month before the album drops but the world isn’t like that anymore, so there’s no need.

I only state VD as I wondered if she’d try following the RH rollout plan... but it seems very unlikely as she’s not doing award season (as far as we know).
            Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• She's not doing awards season. Grammy ceremony is this week and she's in Portugal. She won't be performing in Brits as well, no need to debut a single that'll be released 3 months later. She'll begin the era with Eurovision performance i guess.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Maybe she should've tried releasing 2 singles before the album dropped. In today's streaming age it's a much better strategy I feel, especially for an older act. Because once the album drops it's kind of hard to push singles and keep the buzz and hype afloat. Core fans (the older generation) get satisfied with physical releases, newer generations soon cherry pick the favorites off the album, radios don't care about older act and as a result pushing later singles often result in no visible chart performance.
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• I don't think that for Madonna a chart hit matters anymore.
                  She needs a highly visible platform so the world knows that she has new music coming and how great performer she is.
                  Eurovision will give her that visibility.
                  She won't sell a great amount of singles, but she can still sell a reasonably number of albums.
                  I'm not expecting more than 2 singles, maybe 3.
                  "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• The only way imo, that she can have a chart hit is if she has a hot feature on it.
                    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• I still think it's quite possible to have a big hit solo. Maybe not #1 chart topper, but a nice Top 10 in a lots of countries song. It's just about the right song.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                        Maybe she should've tried releasing 2 singles before the album dropped. In today's streaming age it's a much better strategy I feel, especially for an older act. Because once the album drops it's kind of hard to push singles and keep the buzz and hype afloat. Core fans (the older generation) get satisfied with physical releases, newer generations soon cherry pick the favorites off the album, radios don't care about older act and as a result pushing later singles often result in no visible chart performance.
                        Buzz singles don't work for veteran acts. Mariah released GTFO as buzz single and by the time With You was released, most of the hype died (apart from lambs ofc).

What Madonna should do is release a great lead single with a great performance at Eurovision. If the song is good and if she nails the performance, Europe will be there for her.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Did I say buzz single + lead single? I said two singles. I think it could've worked if she released one at end of February/start of March. It would gain exposure because it's the first lead single and then if the album is out in May, release the second single two weeks or so before the album drops. It would still get extra exposure because it's close to release date of the album.

Both with videos. Similar to Ariana's strategy for Sweetener and thank you, next (but without the buzz single in between, don't really see the point in a buzz single for Madonna).

EDIT: Mariah's release of GTFO and WY was a mess though. Not something anyone should look at or compare. They just released GTFO and forgot about it while pumping WY, and when they released WY they completely abandoned it.
                          Last edited by beredy; Mon February 4, 2019, 15:22.

Comment

• Madonna to play at Eurovision?
                            https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...id=mailsignout

Comment

• I guess this post on MDNA Skin’s Instagram confirms that this particular look was for the album cover! Exciting

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btdq970l...d=lhouoclcc2j0
                              “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• I guess this post on MDNA Skin’s Instagram confirms that this particular look was for the album cover! Exciting

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btdq970l...d=lhouoclcc2j0
                                “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• She’s never had black hair (even if it’s a wig) on an album cover before! Still mixing it up, giving us something new... I can’t wait.
                                  Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

She’s never had black hair (even if it’s a wig) on an album cover before! Still mixing it up, giving us something new... I can’t wait.
                                    Watch them crop out her head on the cover like on LAP.

Comment

She’s never had black hair (even if it’s a wig) on an album cover before! Still mixing it up, giving us something new... I can’t wait.
                                      Wasn't she a brunette on the American Life album cover?
                                      FOLLOW THE DUCK
                                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzF...RpLtZEEAHM1AEw

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad_Bobby2009 View Post
                                        Wasn't she a brunette on the American Life album cover?
                                        Well, and technically, she was also a brunette for the album artwork for The Immaculate Collection and Like A Prayer. We don’t know if her face will be on the cover this time around, after all. We could get a LAP style cover- but hopefully not

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                          Did I say buzz single + lead single? I said two singles. I think it could've worked if she released one at end of February/start of March. It would gain exposure because it's the first lead single and then if the album is out in May, release the second single two weeks or so before the album drops. It would still get extra exposure because it's close to release date of the album.

Both with videos. Similar to Ariana's strategy for Sweetener and thank you, next (but without the buzz single in between, don't really see the point in a buzz single for Madonna).

EDIT: Mariah's release of GTFO and WY was a mess though. Not something anyone should look at or compare. They just released GTFO and forgot about it while pumping WY, and when they released WY they completely abandoned it.
                                          What's the point of releasing two singles when we all know both will flop terribly?

Releasing two lead singles might probably backfire. If the first song is horrible (like GMAYL), no one will check the second single out. That's why sticking with a one lead single is a good idea.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                            Releasing two lead singles might probably backfire. If the first song is horrible (like GMAYL), no one will check the second single out.
                                            And if the first is too good, the second will probably get unnoticed too.
                                            Anyway, I say screw singles, release the album and promote various songs on TV and during small gigs.
                                            A single aint going to do anything for her anyway. Except maybe look bad in the press (oh look Madonna is flopping again!).
                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              What's the point of releasing two singles when we all know both will flop terribly?

Releasing two lead singles might probably backfire.
                                              Well we will never know as she doesn't seem willing to try a new approach. But I'm pretty sure that having two proper singles before the album release would at least give them a slight push over single-album-single type of release even if they would still end up as a flop.

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              If the first song is horrible (like GMAYL), no one will check the second single out.
                                              If the song was previously unavailable then chances are people would still give the second single a try or at least there's a higher probability of that than if the album was already released and people knew all the songs and just went "Oh, she's releasing that song as a single and not the one I like? Not here for that!"

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              That's why sticking with a one lead single is a good idea.
                                              As I said previously, we will never know. They haven't sticked with GMAYL, but they scrambled to fast release GGW. And sticking with LFL and giving it a lot of visibility by performing it didn't help either. But both times the problem was a pathetic choice for the lead single. I'd admire if the songs were great and she/they decided to push them at all cost because the songs deserve it. But GMAYL was a blatant attempt to suck up at the whole Super Bowl, football, cheerleading thing which backfired and LFL was... Well it was LFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                                And if the first is too good, the second will probably get unnoticed too.
                                                Unless the second one is too good too? Imagine having two well received singles before the album release! Or what if the first one would have been mediocre but the second one was too good and pushed the album in sales and streaming? Imagine, imagine, imagine... I mean both single-album-single and single-single-album comparison, pros and cons is a speculation. But I really don't see any harm in them trying to put out two good songs (granted if the material is there, which can't be said for her previous material) before they dropped the album.

But they will probably do a standard Madonna type of release - single, followed by an album and the second single some time after the album release. Then maybe if we're lucky a third single. It has been like that since HC.

Comment

• I'm simply glad she's sticking to one lead single formula, she also knows she won't have top 10 singles anywhere, anymore so she's doing one huge performance and will probably be done with promoting the single after that.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I don't care if she will have a hit or not. I do think she can have another smash though. All she needs is a good song that is different like she did with Frozen or Like A Prayer. Or Cher with Believe.
                                                    If Madonna's new single is really different (with Southern European vibes or Northern African) and the song is really good, I believe radio will play it.
                                                    My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                                    X