Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
    The offer was public, but that was it. And I don't see Madonna doing it if they're gonna go for the year end release. Sure a performance would still be nice, but these past few eras unless she's promoting, she's not really doing many appearances/performances. And outside of the fact that ESC is in May and that she has been asked to perform and that it would be nice if it would coincide with the release of her new music (be it single or the full album) there isn't any Madonna-only related thing that points to May/June release.
    Mtribe reports that a Q2 release (April-June) is the one that was intended from the beginning. There is no change on the album release date, everything is going to the plan apparently.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• This will be the first album since I started using last.fm
      Even though she hasn't released anything since then (August 2015 is when I started using last.fm), she is my #2 most scrobbled artist. Can't wait to see how her scrobbles will rise when we have new music.
      My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• If they don't plan on doing a tour this year (and some venues should be booked already I guess) and the plan is to release the album in Q2, then first week sales *could* be embarrassing. She's not strong on streaming and without bundles... Don't even want to think about that.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

If they don't plan on doing a tour this year (and some venues should be booked already I guess) and the plan is to release the album in Q2, then first week sales *could* be embarrassing. She's not strong on streaming and without bundles... Don't even want to think about that.
          Valid points. Depends on the music and the amount of time she’s prepared to spend promoting it. If it’s a killer first single then she shouldn’t worry. Personally I’m wondering now if the lack of booked venues suggests a residency of some sort in NYC and/or London.

I can really see Madonna doing something like Kate Bush did - a real peice of theatre presented as a concert, in a relatively small venue. I’d love something like that this year, with a full tour next year perhaps. Over the last few years we know she’s seen Kate Bush live, saw Prince’s Hit & Run tour and Bruce has been successful on broadway... could the Queen do something similar?

My worst nightmare is if she decides to do small theatres for Icon members in key cities.
          Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

If they don't plan on doing a tour this year (and some venues should be booked already I guess) and the plan is to release the album in Q2, then first week sales *could* be embarrassing. She's not strong on streaming and without bundles... Don't even want to think about that.
            Valid points. Depends on the music and the amount of time she’s prepared to spend promoting it. If it’s a killer first single then she shouldn’t worry. Personally I’m wondering now if the lack of booked venues suggests a residency of some sort in NYC and/or London.

I can really see Madonna doing something like Kate Bush did - a real peice of theatre presented as a concert, in a relatively small venue. I’d love something like that this year, with a full tour next year perhaps. Over the last few years we know she’s seen Kate Bush live, saw Prince’s Hit & Run tour and Bruce has been successful on broadway... could the Queen do something similar?

My worst nightmare is if she decides to do small theatres for Icon members in key cities.

Comment

• They'd be stupid not to use bundle for album. I don't see her selling 100k, not just in first week, but overall in US without bundle.

Comment

• [MENTION=3976]menime123[/MENTION] from a numbers POV that wouldn't help much though. Let's say she does 20 dates in some 4k venue. Capacity wise that's about 7 arena concerts. A far cry from her usual 30-40 arena dates in the US she does on tours. So bundle numbers would still take a huge hit.

But I do like that idea for her show though!
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

@menime123 from a numbers POV that wouldn't help much though. Let's say she does 20 dates in some 4k venue. Capacity wise that's about 7 arena concerts. A far cry from her usual 30-40 arena dates in the US she does on tours. So bundle numbers would still take a huge hit.

But I do like that idea for her show though!
                  It depends if she still has a tour left on her contract with Live Nation. I’m not sure she does, as the talk was always that when Live Nation asked for S&S2 she only agreed on condition it was 1 of the 4 tours in the contract. It wouldn’t surprise me if she released the album, did the small show thing she says she wants to do (which her team could arrange without a promoter) and then negotiate herself a new deal.

It probably won’t go down like that, but there’s something odd about Madonna at the moment - as far as we know once this album is delivered that’s it: she has no record deal. With the Live Nation deal, it was announced 8 or 9 months before Hard Candy dropped... but where are the negotiations or whispers of a deal this time?

At this rate she’ll be dropping the album, skipping a major tour and announcing a GH retirement album and tour in 2022

Comment

• I think this will be the last album she put her passion in and if it'll flop and terribly reviewed, i don't see her bothering with new music anymore, at least not in 5-6 years at least. Also she is getting old and she has 4 kids, the tour will be harder. Maybe she'll do the residency thing.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• She did MDNA with 4 kids easily enough.

Comment

• It was 6 years ago.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Some of you are so negative. The new era is coming. Concentrate on positive things, relax and enjoy.
                          Gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                            I think this will be the last album she put her passion in and if it'll flop and terribly reviewed, i don't see her bothering with new music anymore, at least not in 5-6 years at least. Also she is getting old and she has 4 kids, the tour will be harder. Maybe she'll do the residency thing.
                            Terribly reviewed? Why? She has never had an album like that and with the passion she has for this project, that's not bound to happen.
                            Maybe she'll announce a residency at MSG or O2 or both. And do a tour in 2 years.

I also think her deal with LN ended with RH.
                            "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• [MENTION=3976]menime123[/MENTION], it's impossible to tour without having a promoter like LN or AEG. They own or have deals with the best, biggest and more important venues around the world. As touring goes, she can't be a free agent.

Comment

• I don't know what's going behind the scenes but i love this secrecy.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                  @menime123, it's impossible to tour without having a promoter like LN or AEG. They own or have deals with the best, biggest and more important venues around the world. As touring goes, she can't be a free agent.

It depends on the type of tour. If she wants to rent a broadway theatre, she doesn’t need a promoter and can easily transfer the show around the world independently if that what she wants to do. I wasn’t suggesting an arena tours without one! A small venue tour wouldn’t use the usual haunts anyway.

She’ll never abandon LN anyway - she owns shares as part of her deal

Comment

• Originally posted by Bojan View Post
                                    Some of you are so negative. The new era is coming. Concentrate on positive things, relax and enjoy.
                                    Be positive?
                                    Not gonna happen in MadonnaLand
                                    Worst fan base ever !!

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                      Be positive?
                                      Not gonna happen in MadonnaLand
                                      Worst fan base ever !!
                                      Some fans even called Madonna fat
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Btw I really wish ESC rumors are true.
                                        That could be an amazing platform to launch new music

Comment

• HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY BI*CHES

Comment

• Wasn't the Starrah collab only for Champagne Rose?

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                              Wasn't the Starrah collab only for Champagne Rose?
                                              Who knows?!?
                                              Maybe not;

Champagne Rosé" (featuring Madonna andCardi B)
                                              Writers
                                              Marshall

Madonna Louise Ciccone

Belcalis Almanzar

Lindstrom
                                              Diaz

Producers

• Murda Beatz
                                              • Quavo
                                              • Sool
                                              • Got Hits
                                              Last edited by AlphaMale; Thu February 14, 2019, 19:43.

Comment

• I’m starting to feel nervous that the album isn’t coming in Q2 now

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                                  I’m starting to feel nervous that the album isn’t coming in Q2 now
                                                  I wouldn't be surprised. Watch this woman release the album the same week Adele does
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• It might be better to release a few singles first.

Why Your Favorite Artist Is Releasing More Singles Than Ever
                                                    Last edited by Bojan; Thu February 14, 2019, 21:27.
                                                    Gone.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X