Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by beredy View Post
    I don't mind her still being in the studio. If it's a hard labor this time, let it be one. I'm glad she/they aren't rushing things just to get the album out. Hopefully this means that she's finally passionate enough to release an album that had her full attention.
    I fully agree.
    The most important thing is to complain though.
    If she rush-releases (like MDNA), she doesn't care about her music anymore,her heart is not into it,etc.
    If she takes her time,she's waiting way too much,she's confused,doesn't know what she's doing,etc
    SMH
    This is SO tiring !

    Comment


    • That's what happens when almost 5 years have passed without a Madonna album
      Last edited by AlphaMale; Thu February 21, 2019, 15:10.
      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

      Comment


      • She just said on her insta story that she spent all day in the studio working on the record and video???
        "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

        Comment


        • Do you think it would've been better if we didn't know she was recording the album?
          Cha Cha Instructor

          Comment


          • ^that's impossible anyway.
            At least when it comes to Madonna.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              Do you think it would've been better if we didn't know she was recording the album?
              If she released albums every two years, i wouldn't mind not knowing...
              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                She knows she needs one. She will deliver. She pulled it back with BS when everyone turned against her, getting a US #1 single. The world disliked AL and she gave us COADF. She struggled to go top 10 in the US so she gave us 4M and GMAYL... both songs designed to put her at the top end of the US charts - and she pulled it off.

                This is a woman who knows what she needs to do when it’s required. RH was supposed to do that, but we all know what happened. So I can’t begin to imagine she’d drop the ball now.
                The difference between those times when she got on the "wrong" side of the public/media and tried to go over to the "good" side (by releasing Bedtime Stories), and when she needed hits was that she was still putting out immaculate albums. Erotica might have gotten her the wrath of America, but it's an amazing piece of music. American Life might have gotten her blacklisted on the radio, but it's still one of her best albums.

                MDNA and Rebel Heart on the other hand... Both have more than a fair share of problems and quality and strong are not the words to describe them (even though everyone here can find something good about these albums). So it's not like it would be a precedent and a big surprise is she somehow missed out three times in a row. Heck even a universally loved respected and great artist like Bowie has more than a handful of stinkers with a pretty spotty discography in the 90s and 00s.

                But for me her approach this time is much better than the one for RH. Back then she Instagrammed lots of lyrics, bits of music, vocals etc. And that was a year or more before those songs got released. So the direction of that album never changed it was just a long recording process with constant changes to the same songs (hence the gazillion demo versions of every song that leaked). I doubt that if the leaks didn't happen we would have gotten a better album. I still don't see/hear how to salvage that 20+ song material she released into a remotely good 10-12 track album that would stand next to her best albums (or even close to them).

                But this time it actually seems like she doesn't feel scared to abandon one direction and pursue wherever the music takes her. It doesn't feel like she's mulling over the same 20 possible songs and picking which ones to release like she eventually did with RH (but instead of picking she just released nearly all songs ).
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                .

                Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                Comment


                • An album is only good based on the listeners opinions. Like a Prayer for example, is a horrid album.

                  We don’t know if she’s been tweeting lyrics this time or not - we’re playing a guessing game and you’re calling her out on doing something we largely recognised retrospectively with Rebel Heart (though we tried guessing).

                  Rebel Heart’s direction did change. She started writing with Avicii’s team and he would then produce the songs. His production was replaced and those songs re-worked (Rebel Heart, for example). Madonna started recording wanting to release a double album and that idea was abandoned. She also wanted Kanye to exec produce the album once everything was finished in order so it didn’t all sound too dissimilar - this was also abandoned.

                  When Madonna’s sales drop she steps up her game. I do believe she’s an artist, but first and foremost she’s a business and approachs her entire career in that way.

                  People say Hard Candy was a misstep but I don’t think it was at all because it did solid business and gave her a UK #1 and US top 3.

                  MDNA was a rushed album - that I can agree on - and wasn’t really a big seller, she stepped up her game with Rebel Heart but the leaks ruined the entire era. But she did try to step things up and produce a great album.

                  She knows that didn’t happen so is working on that now, knowing she needs one. She will deliver. She always does when she needs to.
                  I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

                  #FreeBritney

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                    The difference between those times when she got on the "wrong" side of the public/media and tried to go over to the "good" side (by releasing Bedtime Stories), and when she needed hits was that she was still putting out immaculate albums. Erotica might have gotten her the wrath of America, but it's an amazing piece of music. American Life might have gotten her blacklisted on the radio, but it's still one of her best albums.

                    MDNA and Rebel Heart on the other hand... Both have more than a fair share of problems and quality and strong are not the words to describe them (even though everyone here can find something good about these albums). So it's not like it would be a precedent and a big surprise is she somehow missed out three times in a row. Heck even a universally loved respected and great artist like Bowie has more than a handful of stinkers with a pretty spotty discography in the 90s and 00s.

                    But for me her approach this time is much better than the one for RH. Back then she Instagrammed lots of lyrics, bits of music, vocals etc. And that was a year or more before those songs got released. So the direction of that album never changed it was just a long recording process with constant changes to the same songs (hence the gazillion demo versions of every song that leaked). I doubt that if the leaks didn't happen we would have gotten a better album. I still don't see/hear how to salvage that 20+ song material she released into a remotely good 10-12 track album that would stand next to her best albums (or even close to them).

                    But this time it actually seems like she doesn't feel scared to abandon one direction and pursue wherever the music takes her. It doesn't feel like she's mulling over the same 20 possible songs and picking which ones to release like she eventually did with RH (but instead of picking she just released nearly all songs ).
                    I agree .
                    The approach is ENTIRELY different this time around.
                    First of all, she's been working with mainly one producer :Mirwais.
                    Before anyone points fingers at me ,i said 'mainly' and,for that alone,I'm thankful to heavens because,honestly, I didn't see it coming and also because that means we have a real chance of getting a cohesive album. It may still be diverse in the end but still , cohesive.
                    Second,the online teasing is totally different as well.
                    She's much more subtle and shares things that make you curious instead of putting you off ,without giving anything away (like it happened with RH).
                    All in all I'm pleasant with everything so far.
                    I don't mind her taking her time to finish this at all.
                    Doesn't matter how long it takes. I've waited so long anyway.
                    I want her to be happy and proud of the final product.
                    She deserves it.

                    Comment


                    • A video has surfaced with Madonna in the studio recording with maluma
                      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                        A video has surfaced with Madonna in the studio recording with maluma
                        Where?
                        Cha Cha Instructor

                        Comment


                        • Just when I was about to be more positive when it comes to the new album you post that AlphaMale
                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

                          Comment


                          • Officially unstaned her.
                            Come join the party, yeah...

                            Comment


                            • It's sad that Madonna doesn't have the confidence anymore and feel like she has to collaborate with people younger and hotter in order to be relevant.

                              What she doesn't realize is that she'll always be relevant and people will be there for her if she does good music.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

                              Comment


                              • What if she's working on a double album now?
                                Disc one with new material and disc two with classics in a new arrangement that fit the portugese/african influences (like we heard with Human Nature)
                                Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

                                Comment


                                • What if it's for a maluma album?
                                  Did anybody called Paul McCartney desperate and lacking confidence when he collaborated with Kanye and Rihanna? Or Tina turner when she collaborated with younger acts?
                                  Stop judging!
                                  "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                    What if it's for a maluma album?
                                    Did anybody called Paul McCartney desperate and lacking confidence when he collaborated with Kanye and Rihanna? Or Tina turner when she collaborated with younger acts?
                                    Stop judging!
                                    Nevermind on this, Alpha.
                                    I was going to write something about this too,but gave up.
                                    All it takes is one line ,literally,for ppl to call her out ,etc.
                                    Like you posted "a video of her and Maluma has surfaced" and that's it! She's sad,desperate,etc,etc.
                                    It's so frustrating.

                                    Comment


                                    • It really is frustrating to see young people be so judgemental. And nobody even knows what that video means, much less heard the song.
                                      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

                                      Comment


                                      • Guys have you seen P!nk performing Try at the BRITs? Why can't Madonna pull something like this?



                                        Last time around she bitched about not being allowed to do anything with water on stage, but then every other artist is allowed. Just look at this P!nk visual... It's stunning and forward thinking.


                                        While Madonna is giving us stale crap as that terrible Rebel Heart Tour... Thank god I only paid 65 euros for that ticket, it sure wasn't worth more. It's like she's not even trying anymore. Everyone is surpassing her...

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                          It really is frustrating to see young people be so judgemental. And nobody even knows what that video means, much less heard the song.
                                          Absolutely.
                                          But it's not needed to know what it's for.
                                          If she's been with him(or with anyone else who's current) ,she's all sorts of bad things.

                                          Comment


                                          • Somedays are really tough here

                                            Comment


                                            • I don't really like Maluma although I do like his latest hit with XXXtentacion. However that's not a sound Madonna should be embarking on IMO
                                              jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by jio View Post
                                                I don't really like Maluma although I do like his latest hit with XXXtentacion. However that's not a sound Madonna should be embarking on IMO
                                                Lets wait and see...
                                                "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

                                                Comment


                                                • Everyone knows best. Again. Before the album is even announced. I believe people called her out for working with Mike Tyson too before RH. Queen knows what she’s doing.
                                                  I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

                                                  #FreeBritney

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                                                    Somedays are really tough here
                                                    I'm giving my best

                                                    I'm just frustrated with her, I don't know how you all managed to be her fans for so long... I guess it was easier when she was doing great in every aspect of her career

                                                    I feel like I have nothing to look forward with her anymore, she will pull out grillz again, her team will do terrible job with everything again, she doesn't see problem. She's blaming ageism for everything that doesn't work.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X