No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had Bedtime Stories on heavy rotation lately, I believe it's one album that only gets better with age.
    MARIAH

Comment

• Bestime stories is an amazing album and i need to give it a play in full again
      Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Maluma just posted this picture on his instagram. They look flawless.

Comment

• Ugh .. How annoying, first Anitta now Maluma .. What's next? .. J Balvin?

My excitement for a good quality album is slowly fading .... And there are lots of negative comments on instagram about this.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncť . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
            Ugh .. How annoying, first Anitta now Maluma .. What's next? .. J Balvin?

My excitement for a good quality album is slowly fading .... And there are lots of negative comments on instagram about this.
            I ve read a lot of positive comment under that post instead.

That said ...... IMaluma or not..... I just canít wait...... wanna the damn album NOW

Comment

• I'm fine with this now. At first I didn't like, but hey... We're gonna have Madonna. And that's what I want.

Comment

• I admit I m fine with it, maybe because never heard a single song from both Maluma and Anita....... so donít know what is all about......

Mirwais presence still keep my hopes high

Comment

• People love to hate. Thatís why they hate on an album that hasnít yet been announced, released or heard. This way, they can claim they always knew it was going to bad if they donít like it, and if they do, claim she exceeded expectations.

Well not me. I know she will deliver. The question is just to what extent.
                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I can't wait for the album no matter what. So tired of hearing the negative comments which are based on nothing.

Comment

• Comment

• We dont even know if this is for her album. She didnt tag #magic and Maluma was in LA recording his album. So before the meltdowns start I would wait to have all the information (also the song itself).

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                          Ugh .. How annoying, first Anitta now Maluma .. What's next? .. J Balvin?

It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be bad, maybe those songs are in fact good quality ones.

But... I kind of agree with her featurings/duets habit now.

Someome correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that up to Confessions she never had a duet or featuring in any of her albums.
                          Then it came 4 Minutes at the peak of Justin Timberlake’s career.
                          Then it came Revolver with Guetta and Lil Wayne...
                          Then it came GAYL with Nicki and MIA...
                          Then it came Bitch I’m Madonna with Nicki (plus all the guests in the video)
                          Plus other featurings on album tracks from Kanye, Nas, Chance the Rapper...

Is it wrong to have featured artists in your songs? No. Lots of artists do it nowadays.
                          But she never needed them until a few years ago, and that’s where most of her fans agree that the quality of her music started to decline.

Up to Confessions it was HER who made certain sound or style trendy. She came with a different concept in every album that was unique and then others followed. Not her jumping on the bandwagon of what’s hot now.

This time many were really enthusiastic about a more “mature” album, even less commercial one, with Mirwais and those Portuguese sounds (which are not trendy or current)...
                          And, maybe we’re wrong later and it’s too soon to speak, but having Anitta and Maluma on your album, just like it was having Timberlake or Nicki Minaj, seems like a need to get the young audience attention, or in this case, the Latin audience huge streaming power.

Maybe she can have both things with those songs: a hit, and good music.

(And I think I gave my opinion with respect and no shade at all, so please avoid unnecessary stan wars here!)

Comment

• I agree with [MENTION=19930]nympho[/MENTION] 100%. I just hope she delivers this time.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Big at all this drama

Comment

• There is no drama. We're just stating our opinions. I really hope this is for Maluma album and Madonna will release an organic, all-Madonna album.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• It IS drama when you have not listened to anything she's recorded.
                                  When you don't know what it's for ,etc.
                                  As for opinions,I'm also 'stating' mine and yeah,I was actually wrong.
                                  It's not a big drama,it's a HUGE one.

Comment

• People giving their opinions about a producer is normal and fine.

People giving their opinions about other people’s opinions is when it gets messy

Comment

• [MENTION=19930]nympho[/MENTION] you're kind of wrong. There was Love Song with Prince on Like a Prayer.

Did You Do It? on Erotica barely has Madonna on the track. Vocally it's more like Mark Goodman & Dave Murphy feat. Madonna.

Meshell Ndegeocello delivers some memorable lines with her distinctive vocals on I'd Rather Be Your Lover from Bedtime Stories.

There's also a prominent male vocal on Isaac from Confessions On a Dance Floor.

None of them are credited directly as a feat. but that wasn't a common thing back then. The only era where it feels like she should've put feat was Isaac as feat. became a regular and normal thing (she did jump on board with Hardy Candy though).

What separates these feats from the ones in Hard Candy and later albums is that all of these actually feel like they belong to the sound and the idea of the albums they're on and feel right. They add to the tracks. All feats of hers since Hard Candy are disposable really and only add famous names (for the sake of charts and younger generation).
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                        We dont even know if this is for her album. She didnt tag #magic and Maluma was in LA recording his album. So before the meltdowns start I would wait to have all the information (also the song itself).
                                        Basically.
                                        Itís been hilarious to read the meltdowns in here, because Ií m 95% sure the song is for his album.
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits View Post
                                          People giving their opinions about a producer is normal and fine.

People giving their opinions about other people’s opinions is when it gets messy
                                          I suppose this is aimed at me so I'll bother to reply.
                                          I'm not giving an opinion on other people's opinion.
                                          I am giving an opinion on how **some** people are reacting based on an Instagram picture.
                                          Saying all sorts of things without knowing absolutely nothing.
                                          Saying she's once again chasing hits and also that their hopes for a quality album is declining.
                                          Again,if we're talking opinions here,this is mine.
                                          One last thing,people were not giving their opinion about a producer like you said.
                                          People were questioning Madonna and her choices.
                                          Again without knowing anything about what she's done with Maluma.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                            Basically.
                                            It’s been hilarious to read the meltdowns in here, because I’ m 95% sure the song is for his album.
                                            Instead of hilarious,I'd say it's frustrating.
                                            Like Britney's "Piece Of Me": "...another day another drama..."
                                            Everyday you come to this thread there's a new one.
                                            People over-reacting because of the most silly things and without having a clue about what she's doing.
                                            It's really really frustrating actually.

Comment

• The thing with features is we seem to think Madonna is above it, and I have no idea how people got to that idea. It also seems to make her desperate and Ďchasing hitsí but letís be honest - itís nothing of the sort.

We all seem to be okay with 4 Minutes as that feels like a real duet as oppose to a feature. But in the last 10 years sheís released only 3 singles with features on them.

Only 3 singles.

Revolver (Lil Wayne), GMAYL (Nicki Minaj and MIA) and BIM (Nicki Minaj). Thatís it. How are any of those names guarenteed to secure a hit? Nicki is clearly the most famous and has never had a US #1. Looking through her discography, itís like sheís attaching herself to other peopleís music not because she can guarentee them a hit, but because sheís desperately trying to get a US #1 (and for a decade long career her number of top 10 singles are surprisingly low).
                                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Well, we've seen what happened with Ricky Martin, worst song of both artists happened. Usually, her collaborations are horrible songs, way below her solo material. I hope she proves me wrong and Maluma & Anitta collaborations turn out to be great songs but i have no hope.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  Well, we've seen what happened with Ricky Martin, worst song of both artists happened. Usually, her collaborations are horrible songs, way below her solo material. I hope she proves me wrong and Maluma & Anitta collaborations turn out to be great songs but i have no hope.
                                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Take a Bow started playing on radio...

I can't imagine living in a country where she is not played on radio every single day, Poor America. Make america Great Again.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X