• Yes I did!
      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
        Yes I did!

No you didnít
        Never underestimate a droid.

Comment

• You should be able to press the number on the right, which shows you who voted for each song.

Comment

• I demand a second referendum!
            The software tricked me. Not fair!

Comment

• I definitely have a lot of love for LAP. My fave tracks are Love Song, TDDUP, Express Yourself, Keep it Together and Promise to Try.

Comment

• All songs but 'Love Song' , Act of Contrition and Supernatural (ad it's not part of the album).

Comment

I love act of contrition, the guitar, her voice, all the irony.
                  I love AOC too... but I don't consider it a song.

Other than that I agree with you about "Keep It Together". A great album track elevated into a fab single with the remix (which gave it the Soul II Soul/Lisa Stansfield vibe which was so hot at the time). It didn't have a video but it didn't matter because that song had the single best performance of "Blond Ambition" by far and one of Madonna's best performances ever so watching that live was as spectacular as watching the video for "Like A Prayer" or "Express Yourself" love it.

I also love "Dear Jessie" I always did. I don't know why it always gets forgotten by the fans it may be just a lullaby but it is one of Madonna's most complex songs ever musically and it is gorgeous.

I dislike "Cherish" with a passion. I am totally tired of LAP and EY but I don't dislike them. I do dislike "Cherish" however. It should have not been included in the album at all. Instead "Supernatural" should have been there. That is one of Madonna's funkiest moments and unfortunately it remains "only" a b-side until now. I like also the remixed version from "Red Hot & Dance" but nothing beats the original. It is just awesome.
                  jio CHARTS NOW: 13/9/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10979401

Comment

• Anyway to see that poll on mobile? I had to switch to desktop.

Comment

• I agree with replacing Cherish with Supernatural. I've never cared for Cherish, but i do know a lot of fans like it.

Comment

• I LOVE Cherish with all my heart !

Comment

• I ve always considered Cherish the True Blue moment of the album..... but with the 10% of the appeal !!

Comment

• I think Supernatural didnít find place in the album maybe because considered out of place.

Btw I love the album the way it is.

Comment

• Out of the non-singles ,my favorite is Till Death Do Us Part.
                              The lyrics are SO powerful and the juxtaposition of such strong lyrics with that fluffy beat is also genius.

Comment

• I think that LAP being overplayed to death really affected the perception of the fan, and maybe its overexposure made the song like the one that above all the tracks hasnít aged well. But itís undeniable the fact that itís the best track on the album under so many aspects.

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                  I ve always considered Cherish the True Blue moment of the album..... but with the 10% of the appeal !!
                                  I also consider Cherish the True Blue of Like a Prayer.
                                  At first Cherish was the only song I didn't like. But as I listen to it more and more it grew on me a lot, but I still consider that there were other songs that should've been singles before Cherish. Keep It Together and Spanish Eyes. Also I love Supernatural and don't get why it wasn't on the album.
                                  Unless it was considered for a B side to pump sales of the single.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                                    I love AOC too... but I don't consider it a song.

Other than that I agree with you about "Keep It Together". A great album track elevated into a fab single with the remix (which gave it the Soul II Soul/Lisa Stansfield vibe which was so hot at the time). It didn't have a video but it didn't matter because that song had the single best performance of "Blond Ambition" by far and one of Madonna's best performances ever so watching that live was as spectacular as watching the video for "Like A Prayer" or "Express Yourself" love it.

I also love "Dear Jessie" I always did. I don't know why it always gets forgotten by the fans it may be just a lullaby but it is one of Madonna's most complex songs ever musically and it is gorgeous.

I dislike "Cherish" with a passion. I am totally tired of LAP and EY but I don't dislike them. I do dislike "Cherish" however. It should have not been included in the album at all. Instead "Supernatural" should have been there. That is one of Madonna's funkiest moments and unfortunately it remains "only" a b-side until now. I like also the remixed version from "Red Hot & Dance" but nothing beats the original. It is just awesome.
                                    Keep It Together is one of her best performances ever!

Comment

• It's SO annoying that stupid Warner doesn't allow you to post the Like a Prayer video on Instagram.
                                      Idiots!

Comment

• My choices:

Promise To Try:
                                        One of her best ballads.

Cherish:
                                        Very True Blue, which is one of my all time favorite songs ever. Although I prefer True Blue, I love how Cherish has such a wonderful structure and layers of voices near the end. It's catchy and sweet. Also has a great video and I really loved her performance (Blond Ambition Tour). There are way too less songs like this.

Dear Jessie:
                                        My favorite song from the album. Such a complex composition with beautiful music.

Oh Father:
                                        One of her best lyrics ever. It really touched me. In the beginning I found it very hard to listen to as it touched me so deeply.

Keep It Together:
                                        Great lyrics. Like it was written for me personally. I always felt "stuck in the middle" and "to get attention, I must always be the clown" as well as "I want to be different".

Spanish Eyes:
                                        The latin feel, the sad melancholy you hear in her voice, the beautiful story...
                                        Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• I totally love Cherish, it even surpassed Express yourself which was my favourite on the album for years.
                                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                            As LAP turns 30 in a few days time

Even if it think itís her worst album
                                            Sacrilege! You deserve a good spanky. Now I call Dick Tracy to arrest you.

Comment

• LAP is one of my favourite album ever. I love all the songs, I just find Express Yourself and Cherish too long (Express Yourself is much better in the video). Love Song, Till Dead Do Us Part, Promise to Try and Spanish Eyes are just marterpieces for me. Pity they didn't become singles, I would have chosen them after the titletrack.

Comment

• The Israeli billionaire involved in getting Madonna to the eurovision, said today to Israel media, that there are very good chances that Madonna will be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
                                                  Sacrilege! You deserve a good spanky. Now I call Dick Tracy to arrest you.
                                                  My bottom hurts just thinking about it.

Comment

The Israeli billionaire involved in getting Madonna to the eurovision, said today to Israel media, that there are very good chances that Madonna will be there.
                                                    If it doesnít happen, I wouldnít be surprised if the album got delayed until Q4 you know. Apparently as recent as December last year, Live Nation hadnít done any prep work on a Madonna tour. So sheís keeping her cards close to her chest this time.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X