Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Listening to MDNA and I still donít understand why you all hate it. Thereís definitely a strong album in there.
    I have a bad feeling about this.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
      Listening to MDNA and I still don’t understand why you all hate it. There’s definitely a strong album in there.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
        Listening to MDNA and I still don’t understand why you all hate it. There’s definitely a strong album in there.
        I've been saying that ever since the album came out.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
        .

        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

        Comment


        • I have always adored it. Is it her best? No. Is it her worst? Not when LAP exists. I definitely prefer it to RH too.
          I have a bad feeling about this.

          Comment


          • The biggest problem with MDNA is that she needed a lead single she could perform at The Super Bowl... and the best songs are not suitable for that event or lead single material.

            My top 5:

            Girl Gone Wild
            Gang Bang
            Beautiful Killer
            I ****ed Up
            Love Spent
            I have a bad feeling about this.

            Comment


            • For me ,MDNA is ,by miles and miles her absolute worst.
              Last edited by BodyShop; Wed March 20, 2019, 13:56.

              Comment


              • To say LAP is worse than MDNA is a blasphemy
                Cha Cha Instructor

                Comment


                • I also listened to MDNA yesterday I I loved it more now than when it got released. I still think it has very good songs on it and was full of potencial.
                  No, it's not better than Like a Prayer. Not in this lifetime. Not in your dreams. No way!
                  "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                    For me ,MDNA is ,by miles and miles her absolute worst.
                    Although initially I said RH was way better than mdna, I now stand corrected.
                    I can still listen to MDNA from time to time, but I can't stand RH.
                    Apart from Ghostown and Devil Prayer, I don't listen to any music from it.
                    I don't even know the lyrics from the other songs and I know all the lyrics from all previous albums.
                    So yes, for me, RH is awful!
                    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

                    Comment


                    • Nah, "Rebel Heart "is better than "MDNA". Problem is it is way too long and doesn't feel like an album at all, whereas "MDNA" does.
                      jio CHARTS NOW: 1/2/2023: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post11074063

                      Comment


                      • Rebel Heart's tracklisting is what caused me to abandon it very early. It did not flow well, at all.
                        Once reorganised, the tracks were shining more on their own, and the album sounded cohesive and strong.
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                        Comment


                        • RH is awful. It says a lot when most of the demos are much better than album versions.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                            Although initially I said RH was way better than mdna, I now stand corrected.
                            I can still listen to MDNA from time to time, but I can't stand RH.
                            Apart from Ghostown and Devil Prayer, I don't listen to any music from it.
                            I don't even know the lyrics from the other songs and I know all the lyrics from all previous albums.
                            So yes, for me, RH is awful!
                            Thank you!
                            Originally posted by jio View Post
                            Nah, "Rebel Heart "is better than "MDNA". Problem is it is way too long and doesn't feel like an album at all, whereas "MDNA" does.
                            Next!
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                            .

                            Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                              Rebel Heart's tracklisting is what caused me to abandon it very early. It did not flow well, at all.
                              Once reorganised, the tracks were shining more on their own, and the album sounded cohesive and strong.
                              I did that and ended up with 2 songs! Ghosttown and Devil Pray.

                              I can't stand BodyShop the song. Not even its live version, Wich is very unusual.
                              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post

                                I can't stand BodyShop the song. Not even its live version, Wich is very unusual.
                                Me too
                                The user as well

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                  I did that and ended up with 2 songs! Ghosttown and Devil Pray.
                                  "Body Shop" is a great idea that (I agree) somehow doesn't work on record or live. But still... how can you just end up with 2 songs???? I can name at least 10 fab songs from in there
                                  jio CHARTS NOW: 1/2/2023: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post11074063

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by jio View Post
                                    "Body Shop" is a great idea that (I agree) somehow doesn't work on record or live. But still... how can you just end up with 2 songs???? I can name at least 10 fab songs from in there
                                    Fab songs on RH??? NO WAY!!!
                                    Not even Ghosttown that everybody praises is all that! It's a boring album...
                                    MDNA has some of her strongest and clever lyrics ever and it's sound was very much innovative at times. RH is just... meh!
                                    That lead single that goes nowhere...
                                    Well we do have Bitch I'm Madonna, I forgot about that one, that it's by far her best song in there. And that says a lot!
                                    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

                                    Comment


                                    • "Messiah" is up there with the best songs of her career. How come you forgot it?
                                      jio CHARTS NOW: 1/2/2023: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post11074063

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by jio View Post
                                        "Messiah" is up there with the best songs of her career. How come you forgot it?
                                        It's a recycled melody from before, "I've heard it all before", so no, it's not one of her best...
                                        "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

                                        Comment


                                        • Inside Out Beautiful Scar Devil Pray Messiah Addicted Borrowed Times they are all amazing tracks.

                                          Donít like Ghosttown

                                          Love Body Shop

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                            It's a recycled melody from before, "I've heard it all before", so no, it's not one of her best...
                                            recycled melody from which song?????
                                            jio CHARTS NOW: 1/2/2023: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post11074063

                                            Comment


                                            • Both MDNa and Rebel Heart have many good songs for me.

                                              If you cut bad songs from MDNA like Give me all your luvin or Turn up the radio, then you get a solid album.
                                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

                                              Comment


                                              • I listen to RH weekly. MDNA maybe every 6 months. I will say though that MDNA seems more like a traditional Madonna album.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                                  Inside Out Beautiful Scar Messiah Addicted Borrowed Times they are all amazing tracks.
                                                  Agree with with all of those.
                                                  Plus Wash All Over Me and Joan Of Arc.
                                                  I love VVV and the title track.
                                                  Overall,it's not one of my favorite albums,far from that,but still...

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                                    MDNA has some of her strongest and clever lyrics ever
                                                    Tbh,I think that's the case when it comes to RH.
                                                    The only lyrics I like in MDNA are Love Spent,I F' Up and,to an extent,Best Friend.

                                                    Superstar makes me feel a second hand embarrassment for her. Those lyrics could've been written by a Junior High kid.
                                                    Some Girls,GGG,GMAYL, Turn Up The Radio,I'm A Sinner, Beautiful Killer, all cringe to death lyrics...
                                                    Let's not even mention B'Day song.
                                                    I'm only judging lyrics here,not songs per se.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X