Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    If Madonna shot a video of a LAP album track to celebrate its 30th anniversary, which song would you prefer and how would you imagine the video?
    "Keep It Together." It's a very good song and it deserves to be more famous.
    Gone.

Comment

• "Love Song"
      jio CHARTS NOW: 30/11/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post11029655

Comment

If Madonna shot a video of a LAP album track to celebrate its 30th anniversary, which song would you prefer and how would you imagine the video?
        Keep It Together with all her brothers and sisters plus shots from when they were young.
        My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Cťline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
          Keep It Together with all her brothers and sisters plus shots from when they were young.
          Like she still speaks to them all

Sheís only close to Melanie isnít she? Even Christopher sold her out in the end.
          Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Back then, a video for Till Death... Would've slayed hard ! Ugh!
            Nowadays... I think none tbh...
            Not even keep it Together.

Comment

• Going through some old interviews and came across this one I haven’t read before from 1998. It’s brilliant - one of the best I’ve ever read from her. It’s all about her art inspirations and how it informs her work - she talks about the SEX book and how it came about, the scrapped original cover of Bedtime Stories, with plenty of insight into how and why she’s photographed how she is.

Well worth a read (in spoiler tabs so as not to take up the whole page!)

Spoiler!
              Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• I would choose a video for Till death do us apart.
                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• MDNA released 7 years ago today.

I still remember being in awe over Gang Bang.
                  Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

I would choose Till Death Do Us Part, probably the best track after LAP.
                    I'd like a video about the relationship between her and her fans (not anymore dedicated to Sean Penn).

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
                      I would choose Till Death Do Us Part, probably the best track after LAP.
                      I'd like a video about the relationship between her and her fans (not anymore dedicated to Sean Penn).
                      But the song is about domestic violence...
                      jio CHARTS NOW: 30/11/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post11029655

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                        But the song is about domestic violence...

Oh Father is hardly a walk in the park.
                        Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Fantastic interview!
                          Have just finished reading it.
                          There's so much I'd like to talk about that I won't talk about anything instead lol
                          Thank you, [MENTION=3976]menime123[/MENTION] !

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

MDNA released 7 years ago today.

I still remember being in awe over Gang Bang.
                            So was I.
                            And I'm Addicted was my absolute favorite,along with Love Spent .

Comment

• [MENTION=3976]menime123[/MENTION] great article, thanks for posting.

About MDNA, I never liked Gang Bang that much. I love its live performance, but the track never did much for me.
                              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• I'm surprised you all haven't seen that article before. It's one of the few ones that dig deeper into Madonna from non music perspective. A great read!
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• My rollout for MDNA album would've been like this.

1) Release Girl Gone Wild as a pre-order track and perform it at Super Bowl
                                  2) Release I'm Addicted as the lead single with a heavy choreographed video in March
                                  3) Gang Bang as second single with a Tarantino-esque video
                                  4) Love Spent as the third single
                                  5) Masterpiece as the final single.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                    I'm surprised you all haven't seen that article before. It's one of the few ones that dig deeper into Madonna from non music perspective. A great read!
                                    Well... 20 years is a long time so itís possible I just forgot it. But I canít imagine I have. In fairness the reason I was reading some print interviews is that I havenít read many of her older ones as itís much easier to YouTube her interviews. Sheís always much more eloquent in print though
                                    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

My rollout for MDNA album would've been like this.

1) Release Girl Gone Wild as a pre-order track and perform it at Super Bowl
                                      2) Release I'm Addicted as the lead single with a heavy choreographed video in March
                                      3) Gang Bang as second single with a Tarantino-esque video
                                      4) Love Spent as the third single
                                      5) Masterpiece as the final single.
                                      Oh I disagree. GGW isnít suitable for the Super Bowl (can you imagine how freaked out theyíd have been if Madonna said she wanted to sing a song with that title... being Madonna? )

Plus Masterpiece should have been released in 2011ish to promote WE and I really donít see LS as single material.

My ideal would have been:

1. Masterpiece
                                      2. Give Me All Your Luviní
                                      3. Girl Gone Wild
                                      4. Gang Bang
                                      5. Beautiful Killer

GGW/GB/BK would have worked incredibly well as a mini 15 minute movie she could have recorded before the tour, releasing each video as a sequel to the previous.
                                      Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• I surely don't think she should've performed GGW at the SB and I'm glad she didn't.
                                        Tbh,I think she should have done things detached from each other.
                                        One thing,the SB. Another thing,MDNA

I say so,because of the album it was.
                                        I will forever think Love Spent should've been the lead. But I don't think it's a Superbowl- esque song either.
                                        That's why,given the album she had in her hands,she should've performed at the SB and then the album rollout should've kicked in.
                                        I agree the so rumored about Gang Bang directed video would have been a great one to work as the second single.
                                        I would have scrapped 'Luvin' " and Girl Gone Wild entirely.
                                        I am not even sure if I would release a third single,tbh.
                                        Last edited by BodyShop; Sat March 23, 2019, 13:02.

Comment

• It was just the wrong time for her to do Super Bowl. The best time would have been 2008 and performed 4 Minutes with Justin - probably would have pushed the song to #1 in the US.
                                          Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

It was just the wrong time for her to do Super Bowl. The best time would have been 2008 and performed 4 Minutes with Justin - probably would have pushed the song to #1 in the US.
                                            LOL one simple performance on AI would've pushed song to #1, Superbowl was not needed. It was easiest time to reach top of the charts during digital era. Gaga was stuck at #2 with Poker Face and it only reached #1 on Hot 100 after AI performance, Mariah released TMB only after airplay peaked so she could reach #1 (in the end song sold 2x less than #3 peaking 4M)

4M was another wasted #1 (behind Into The Groove)

Comment

• Agree with both of you guys,Menime and Westen.
                                              SB around 4 Minutes would have been better.
                                              Then again,had she bothered to have at least ONE live TV perfomance with Justin,she would've been #1 without a doubt.

Comment

• I was always surprised she didn’t push 4M harder in the US, but I suppose she had a lot going on at home.
                                                Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

Oh Father is hardly a walk in the park.
                                                  Yes but it didn't come with a video about her relationship with her fans

Comment

I was always surprised she didn’t push 4M harder in the US, but I suppose she had a lot going on at home.
                                                    I read that she wasn't allowed to promote on TV thanks to that stupid deal with those short shows

Comment

Working...
                                                    X