Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    Today marks the 9 year anniversary of UK release of:

The album release was staggered, but the CD/DVD was released mostly across the last week of March (1st week of April in the US).

Unsurprisingly, according to Wikipedia, the only place the it went to #1 was in Argentina

However it managed to hit the top 10 in the US - not bad all things considered.

9 years later and I still hate the cover, but I think the actual CD isnít bad and the DVD recording of the show is one of her better ones: itís polished, but not too polished and the crowd is fantastic. I absolutely love Vogue 2008.

Why she insists on giving us live recordings of her interludes on a LIVE ALBUM is beyond me though.
    I just canít stand live albums in general, I hate it with passion.

I can listen to a live track here and there: but a whole album: NOOOOOO!!!

The Confession Tour is the only live album I love.
    Last edited by CandyShop; Sat March 30, 2019, 09:36.

Comment

• I'm very disappointed that LIB from Sticky & Sweet and LTT from The Confessions Tour aren't included in live albums.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Thank you [MENTION=41490]CandyShop[/MENTION] for having that terrible cover on the second page in a row. This time at the top of the page.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• ^ U wellcome hun 😀

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
            Thank you [MENTION=41490]CandyShop[/MENTION] for having that terrible cover on the second page in a row. This time at the top of the page.
            Spoiler!
            Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Love all of her live albums.
              Least favorite being Rebel Heart

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                Love all of her live albums.
                Least favorite being Rebel Heart
                I quite like RHT - my least favourite is MDNAT album. I wish they had released DWT CD instead of GHV2.

Comment

• So we re almost in April, 40 days ( more or less) to ESC, where she Ďll present new music to the world....... canít wait.

Comment

I quite like RHT - my least favourite is MDNAT album. I wish they had released DWT CD instead of GHV2.
                    Useless release , I mean GHV2

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                      Well if she hadnít released GHV2 I wouldnít have got it by mistake for Xmas 2001 and I wouldnít have discovered her. So I love it

But otherwise yes, useless. It could have been so much better with just one new song on it, but Madge wasnít playing ball

Comment

I admit it's the only Madonna official release that sometimes I forget about the existence.
                        Obvs,I own a copy but other than that... Yes,useless.
                        I love how she didn't even bothered to pretend she cared at all.
                        They wanted a GH ,she didn't. They forced it on her and she was like : 'ok, f**k it'

Comment

• I will say while GHV2 is useless today, I love the album booklet and the cover. Also DCFMA Miami Mix should have been on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                            I will say while GHV2 is useless today, I love the album booklet and the cover. Also DCFMA Miami Mix should have been on it.
                            Warner imo did the best with what was available to them.

Comment

Warner imo did the best.
                              You could've stopped there.

Comment

You could've stopped there.

No. Because it’s Warner’s fault more wasn’t available to them - they agreed their contract with Madonna knowing she could refuse to give them new songs for it - the fools

So they did their best with what was available, but it wasn’t their best by a long shot as they dropped the ball years earlier, clearly.

Comment

It is one of my most played albums. I love the edit versions.
                                  Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                    Me too.

Comment

No. Because it’s Warner’s fault more wasn’t available to them - they agreed their contract with Madonna knowing she could refuse to give them new songs for it - the fools

So they did their best with what was available, but it wasn’t their best by a long shot as they dropped the ball years earlier, clearly.
                                      Even half assed Warner release is better than what we are getting lately in terms of packaging/release strategy etc.

Comment

• https://www.fromthegrapevine.com/lif...dams-interview
                                        Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Thereís no way itís not happening. After all the work Madonna is going to, I very much doubt a big launch isnít planned and signed off. Sheís coming back big guys (and I donít mean her ass)

Comment

Even half assed Warner release is better than what we are getting lately in terms of packaging/release strategy etc.
                                            You can say that again! even if it bothers me, I now appreciate what they did for her

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                              I kinda loved that they crammed as many hits as possible onto it, I also liked the artwork at the time

Comment

Back in the day when she didn't use to release live albums, I spent a lot of time listening to some bootlegs, I specially liked the BAT (JP Yoko and Tokyo) and GS (JP and UK London) ones, she sounded ratchet sometimes but I thought it added to it honestly, I don't expect absolute perfection that way

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                                  Back in the day when she didn't use to release live albums, I spent a lot of time listening to some bootlegs, I specially liked the BAT (JP Yoko and Tokyo) and GS (JP and UK London) ones, she sounded ratchet sometimes but I thought it added to it honestly, I don't expect absolute perfection that way
                                                  Totally agree. I was obsessed with my bootleg CD of Blond Ambiton Tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                                    Agree also. I’m not a Madonna fan for perfect vocals - I prefer the honest imperfections. I love things like TVT where you watch and can see her open her mouth and just hoping for the best

Comment

Working...
                                                    X